3DXChat Community

Oculus QUEST 2 support

CyberHippy

your thinking may be nice and ok, but it will not happen. Well not in "close" time. (maybe in 10 years)

I am always surprised how many stuff "Gizmo" should do. So many wishes so many ideas...but please think about what this developer(s) brings out in time. Testserver first 2.9 (for month) than going up on 3.0 (also testserver) but 2.9 is not going on public sever. That is strange.

more clothing, more poses, engine rework, going hand in hand stuff, etc etc and much much more....and patching..... what has really come out in the year 2023?

it will not happen in a close time. Handtracking/Bodytracking....i am sure that will need another big engine update. And it is in my opinion impossible to do cause of the way poses work. Would need a totall overhaul from the start i think.

Edited by Valerica

The developers are fixing the VR and will be updated when the new version comes out.

As far as connecting an oculus Quest, it can work with oculus link, I use air link and it works just fine wirelessly.

Be patient, it will be a lot better when version 3.0 is released. I have used it in the beta and it works better, it is not 100%working as it is only enabled in experimental mode.

I downloaded beta 3.0 and started testing it. You have VR mode in the beta settings. In the standard version, you have Oculus VR. So will version 3.0 be extended to other headsets (e.g. WMR - HP reverb G2, Valve index, etc.)? I use HP reverb G2 and even though the headset is active and connected, in beta 3.0 I don't have the VR mode button active. Where is the mistake? Thank you for answer.

7 hours ago, CaesarCZ said:

I downloaded beta 3.0 and started testing it. You have VR mode in the beta settings. In the standard version, you have Oculus VR. So will version 3.0 be extended to other headsets (e.g. WMR - HP reverb G2, Valve index, etc.)? I use HP reverb G2 and even though the headset is active and connected, in beta 3.0 I don't have the VR mode button active. Where is the mistake? Thank you for answer.

When at the login screen, where you enter your username and password, hit F1 and it will enable the pink VR button. Then log in. Once enabled it can be turned on and off in settings. Make sure you are able to link to the oculus app and also make sure the oculus app is open before you start the game also. The game only works with the oculus app, Virtual Desktop Streamer will not work.

On 8/15/2023 at 3:13 AM, SerenityWillow said:

The developers are fixing the VR and will be updated when the new version comes out.

As far as connecting an oculus Quest, it can work with oculus link, I use air link and it works just fine wirelessly.

Be patient, it will be a lot better when version 3.0 is released. I have used it in the beta and it works better, it is not 100%working as it is only enabled in experimental mode.

I will try beta version 3.0...   I'm curious...  oculus link work...  ...funny error are, for example the view is suddenly outside the body... you can look inside the neck... 
I hope they at  fixed least this... Of course, control in VR would have to be done completely differently...

11 hours ago, CyberHippy said:

I tried the beta.   Launched via air link (with QUEST2) Control is much better, but the VR mod can't be started...  I think it will be much better after the release of version 3.0 :)

You press F1 at the login screen where you put your username and password in, and it will enable it. Then you can enable/disable it in game. Make sure you have your oculus app open before you launch 3DX, or it may not connect.

Gizmo
This post was recognized by Gizmo!

"Hello, thank you for the tremendous support you have given the 3DX community over the years! You are awesome!"

SerenityWillow was awarded the badge 'Great Support' and 1000 points.

6 hours ago, CyberHippy said:

Yesss... VR works... control is much better in beta... it will still be necessary to fix more of errors in the displaying of the body...

Keep in mind, it is only in experimental mode in the beta, some stuff is not enabled yet as they are still fixing stuff, which is good for us. It means they are actually really fixing it. :D