3DXChat Community

What defines the Time of Day ( Suns location )

michellelakes69

Hi all !,

Random question, when I go from location to location, the position of the sun changes and so does the light. The question is, where is this set when hosting a location ? Is it a snapshot from the moment you SAVE your location to file in the world editor, or is it whatever you set the lighting to when you actually host the location ? I'm pretty sure it's not an actual setting in the world editor right ?

Thanks !

Michelle

ok so the answer to my question is, when you save a location, the current light setting is saved with it ? Obviously I know that anyone can override for themselves, I'm more interested in what happens when they arrive at a location, so I can get the lighting in the rooms matched to the overall sun lighting they'll see :)

40 minutes ago, michellelakes69 said:

ok so the answer to my question is, when you save a location, the current light setting is saved with it ? Obviously I know that anyone can override for themselves, I'm more interested in what happens when they arrive at a location, so I can get the lighting in the rooms matched to the overall sun lighting they'll see :)

yes, when you exit building mod and entering your room right away, the light settings will be temporarily saved until your next edit in building mod/change room files. Saving can save the light settings into the . world file, until your next save&edit.

Players who's not the room host can surely change the room's light settings by themselves, but it also can be seen by only themselves, the other players could only see the light settings by the host, until they change them.

57 minutes ago, michellelakes69 said:

Also, the sun and moon are static, they do not change with the time of day or night.