3DXChat Community

Why Is "Alt" Key Disabled In Chats?

pretty

Is there some reason why the "Alt" key is disabled in chats?  I can't type some letters in the alphabet of my language without holding the "Alt" key as I press a letter key to get the alternate letter I need.  So, I don't even chat in my own language.  It's frustrating.

And, before anyone says "download an alternate keyboard", I tried that and have yet to find one that works.  Every one I have tried only gives me alternate vowels, but never the consonants.

I have tried and this key works fine and it has the same function as alt

AltGr is a modifier key found on some computer keyboards. It is primarily used to type characters that are not widely used in the territory where sold, such as foreign currency symbols, typographic marks and accented letters.

As I said... "That will not work for me".  I tried it.  It does not help me get the letters I need, even when I have a keyboard installed which supposedly has the letters I need.

As it has been, to chat in my language, I have to type in Notepad first (because "Alt" key works in Notepad) and then copy/paste what I typed into whatever chat window I'm chatting in at the time.  Which, of course, slows the flow of chat down and is frustrating to have to use a separate program to type in, instead of just being able to type in the chat windows in 3DXChat.

I wish Gizmo or Lisa would explain to me why they have the "alt" key function disabled in the chats, because it makes no sense to do that.  They should enable it so it can be used.

Edited by pretty

My language is not French.

The "Alt" key function is disabled in all chats (World, Local, Group, Private) in the game.  It's even disabled here in the forums.  I don't understand what harm could be done if the "Alt" key function was enabled in the game chats.

I have Windows 10 (utter garbage) and found out a script needs to have Administrator rights to work.  However, even with administrator rights, I can type all the alternate letters for my language here in the forum, but only four of the seven letters in game chats (it just makes a question mark for those 3).

It is only the 3DXChat forum and game I am having this issue with.  The "Alt" key function works for me in everything else on my computer and on the internet.

Edited by pretty