• Please log in to reply
3 replies to this topic

#1 danididit

danididit

• Members
  • Pip
  • 3 posts

Posted 27 September 2018 - 05:32 AM

I've been having issues today. I keep getting the infamous redbox disconnect message. I've tried everything I can think of to keep this happening. I've set my graphics to low. I've uninstalled and reinstalled the game. I've used the registry clean. I've cleaned out my temp folders.. Reset my modem and router. Nothing works. I keep getting disconnected after 5-10 minutes (if I'm lucky) while in game. Nothing has changed on my computer. My internet was/is working just fine. I've had no issues playing any other online based game, just 3dx. Can someone tell me what's up? Any help would be greatly appreciated. TIA

#2 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 03 October 2018 - 11:34 AM

Not sure this will help you, but a couple of years back I was getting loads of these, I live in Australia and was logging-in using the U.S. server. Someone mentioned in chat that the EU proxy server was more stable, and I tried that and found I had no disconnects, so used that to log in after that for a very long tome with no issues. But then again recently, I started having disconnect issues and tried swapping back to the U.S. server and found that one to be more stable. So try switching to the other server, no idea if it will help you, but it's worth a try.

#3 Aliviax

Aliviax

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,395 posts
  • LocationLondon

Posted 04 October 2018 - 01:54 AM

seems like a connection issue try what rockester told u cause u might have better comunication via another server 

if that dont help hard turn off ur modem router w/we u have for like 30 40 secs then check if game is ok if not help contackt ur isp to maybe change u path 

in short

• Rockster likes this

#4 Rockster

Rockster

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 413 posts

Posted 04 October 2018 - 04:40 AM

Ooh yea Aliviax made me think of something else (ty x :-) )... With my internet provider, I have a choice in my settings on what type of connection I have with them, I can change it in my settings control panel when I log into my account. I can choose the speed obviously, from safe and slow, up to fast and potentially bumpy, but I have one other setting called "uninterrupted" which I can use. This is specifically for gamers, and gives you a constant unbroken permanent connection which is important for gaming where there needs to be constant communication between your system at home and the game server at the other end. The other settings and the faster or slower speed are more important only where download speeds themselves are concerned (not something which affects us on 3DX), so I personally always have the 'uninterrupted' setting selected for 3DX, Neverwinter (another game I play) RLC etc, where if there is a disconnect, sometimes only even a couple of seconds, the game can think you are gone and kick you out. I would be wondering if your IP has done something to your connection recently like resetting it in some way and changing the connection-type, and you could try going into your control panel if you can with your ISP account and seeing what it is telling you. I don't know about it inside out, but it seems that if you can have an 'uninterrupted' connection and choose that specifically, this would mean that a normal connection had potential interruptions and may be swapping your connection around between parts of itself internally and there may be microseconds where it seems to be not connected to the game and the game is thinking you are gone and kicking you, so I would look into this.

• Deeborah and MnFLadyAlexa like this

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users