3DXChat Community

W10 1803 Freeze computer

luk4352

just updated my W10 PRO to 1803 aaaaand now every time I click the login button the entire computer freeze and I need to press the reset button

And because they release 1-2 update every year this is going to be really long i thought

I have the same... All drivers are up to date.

What may help you:

Disable superfetch

Run the game as an administror

Comptability Windows 8

The last window 10 build uses much more ram. And the game uses to much ram too.

comptability of compatibility? It's a new windows requirement?

Loudly laughting front of my PC screen and falling down of my chair pouhahahahahahahahahaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!!

The game anyway uses a lot of memory, even before the 1803 Upgrade.

Under Windows10 generally be sure to run the game in an administrator account, NOT only with the "Run as administrator" option!

The memory usage depends on the location and on the number or people there; as there is a "memory leak", no longer used memory parts are not given back completely to the system, so the "occupied" amount of memory increases in the course of playing. This effect also depends on your computer, so watch the used memory during playing by the task monitor.

As the game software is 32Bit which can use only about 3GB, try the 64Bit patch, if your amount of memory during game often increases into this range.

Anyway: I upgraded all computers in my network to 1803 without any new problem with the game, so the issues don't seem to be of general nature but depend on something of your computer.

Try and change (for a test) parts like graphics card to isolate the interfering component.

Mainly the amount of Ram. 

Win 10 needs more than 2 Go even if Microsoft says otherwise.  When you run out of memory the system freezes. The best possible (and less expensive solution) is to buy ram. 16 Go seems to be right. Chrome uses more and more memory. Windows 10 pro keeps 4 Go for the system...so there is no space for other apps. In my case, I use a GTX1050 OC, it needs 4 GO ...