3DXChat Community

Technical question related with the 3DXChat upgrading

Michael Iwish

After checking the forums, I haven't seen this question being asked. In case I missed it, I apologize.

I would like to know if the current work on improving 3DXChat (especially, the graphic engine) will have any effect on the current requirements to run the program, or if they will be maintained without problems.

My question comes up after seeing that, for example, Steam has stopped supporting Windows 7.

Thanks in advance.

I am pretty sure you will not notice any downgrade in performance if you are able to run the game fine now, in fact it will run better it is found so far.

One way you can tell for sure is, give the beta a try and see how it works for you, it is open to all paid members.

Go to your membership page on 3DXChat.com and click on "join the beta program" link near the bottom where it says to link your discord.

It will then give you a DL link to DL the beta client.

The 2 versions are separate so don't worry about mucking up your account you have now, even your gold is safe as in the beta client you are given 400,000 xgold to use in the beta only. Make sure you install it in a new directory also so there is no chance for the 2 to conflict with each other, don't think they would but it is better to be safe than sorry.

Also, in the beta you will have to make a new avatar, you can use your current name like a lot of members are doing including myself, or you can make a new name.

Not sure why, but there are 2 executables for the game, the actual game executable is in the "Game" folder. Just in case you want to make a shortcut or program a keyboard or mouse. But you can also run the launcher and it will start the game as well.

The beta version is pretty much what it will be like as far as capabilities, the only thing they are really working on now are bug fixes.

Hope this helps you out. :D

1 hour ago, Michael Iwish said:

I appreciate the answer, Serenity. But my question isn't just linked to the "soon-to-be-released" update they're actually working in. It's more a question about medium-long term plans.

Medium - long term. Unity will stop supporting Win 7 and older version of Win 10 and many software will as there are no more Microsoft security patches

That's already my point, MeiLing. My doubt is if this will happen with the actual Unity version or not.

EDIT: Alright, I've checked the Unity website and if it's the version for 2021, it won't mean a big change in requirements, so I get from Gizmo's words in the Beta blog that version 2022 would take some long time to be adapted.

Edited by Michael Iwish

All fine, Serenity! I already checked what Unity 2021 supports, and while the version is SP1 + 64bit, it will for now.

EDIT: Confirmed. I've downloaded the beta (I thought it was closed already, but not yet, yay!) and it runs smooth and without problems for my actual setup. Thanks for the idea.

Edited by Michael Iwish

7 hours ago, Michael Iwish said:

All fine, Serenity! I already checked what Unity 2021 supports, and while the version is SP1 + 64bit, it will for now.

EDIT: Confirmed. I've downloaded the beta (I thought it was closed already, but not yet, yay!) and it runs smooth and without problems for my actual setup. Thanks for the idea.

I am glad to hear it worked for you!

I pretty much figured it would. Did you notice if it ran smoother for you then the main game? 

Just out of curiosity, why are you still using Windows 7? That is pretty old stuff, would it happen to be that version that someone removed the bloatware from it?

Edited by SerenityWillow
I love 3DXChat

5 hours ago, SerenityWillow said:

I am glad to hear it worked for you!

I pretty much figured it would. Did you notice if it ran smoother for you then the main game? 

Just out of curiosity, why are you still using Windows 7? That is pretty old stuff, would it happen to be that version that someone removed the bloatware from it?

First, 'cos it's a laptop where I run 3DX, which implies no options to upgrade its hardware. It would require a new laptop, and I'm not fan of this (I prefer computer, which I have at home). About the bloatware, I think this happens more 'cos bad management or lack of security by the user, than a problem of the OS itself -I can tell I've had a pretty low number of incidences when running 3DX with it, in opposition to other users.

Aaaanyway, as I say, the optimization seems to make it run a bit better.