3DXChat Community

Chat tab just for promotions

Will copy my post from another thread:

Creating a separate advertisement chat channel while banning people for advertising in WC really seems like the easy solution to keep WC clean of spammers, while location owners and party hosts still will be able to give people the information about their location/party. Ofcourse this channel also have to have a waiting time between the messages. Maybe minute, maybe more. And yes, it have to be paid. Not because "3dxchat needs more money!!!" but first of all because it will be a good way to stop real spammers who spam their advertisement every minute or in worst cases use the help of their friends to spam even more often. If they want to ruin the chat like this they have to pay a lot for it. Though, I personally think that the ones who spam same message more often than once a minute (cheating by using their friends help) should get temporary bans EVEN for doing so in advertisement channel. Fuck those cheaters. They are ruining the game experience for others, so if their parents did not care to give them a proper education about how to behave in the society and why it's important to respect other people – maybe punishments will push some sense in their heads. I think it's not that hard for the devs to make a script that will autoban people who post the same message from different avis in a short period of time. Of course, they can avoid this rule by making their messages slightly different... But in this case they will at least have to pay for it. And yeah, they still will be dickheads.

As an additional solution to make the life of location/party hosts better, devs can make a pop up menu for locations. Add a button "info" near the button "join" so people can click on that button and see additional information about location provided by its host.

On 6/8/2020 at 1:55 PM, Xizl said:

Will copy my post from another thread:

Creating a separate advertisement chat channel while banning people for advertising in WC really seems like the easy solution to keep WC clean of spammers, while location owners and party hosts still will be able to give people the information about their location/party. Ofcourse this channel also have to have a waiting time between the messages. Maybe minute, maybe more. And yes, it have to be paid. Not because "3dxchat needs more money!!!" but first of all because it will be a good way to stop real spammers who spam their advertisement every minute or in worst cases use the help of their friends to spam even more often. If they want to ruin the chat like this they have to pay a lot for it. Though, I personally think that the ones who spam same message more often than once a minute (cheating by using their friends help) should get temporary bans EVEN for doing so in advertisement channel. Fuck those cheaters. They are ruining the game experience for others, so if their parents did not care to give them a proper education about how to behave in the society and why it's important to respect other people – maybe punishments will push some sense in their heads. I think it's not that hard for the devs to make a script that will autoban people who post the same message from different avis in a short period of time. Of course, they can avoid this rule by making their messages slightly different... But in this case they will at least have to pay for it. And yeah, they still will be dickheads.

As an additional solution to make the life of location/party hosts better, devs can make a pop up menu for locations. Add a button "info" near the button "join" so people can click on that button and see additional information about location provided by its host.

I think that just a 30 minute timer would be efficient. Maybe a button that only the room owner can use to promote the room in chat would keep multiple friends from posting for the same venue.