3DXChat Community

Some UI Suggestions and Ideas.

Godless

Hey there,

Somewhat new to the game, took a hiatus and now I'm back. Love what's happened since I left but feels like there might be a few UI updates that could be done. I'm not sure if most are familiar with F-list, it's a website that is used for role-play of all different varieties. Though they've made some nice quality of life choices that allow for a smoother operation.

1. A back / return button. We've all done it, viewed a profile, looked at the gifts and began the rabbit hole of searching through them. Finding people you know, people you don't know. Oh! That person's profile is cool, but all of a sudden you click someone else's gift or profile in the room, shoot, I don't want to go down the rabbit hole again, if only I had a back / return button to go back a step in the process.

2. Building on to the previous point, a way to bookmark people. This would allow you to possibly view if the person is online allowing you to message them. I understand some are against people just talking to them out of thin air which could lead to having the ability to toggle bookmarking for your character. How is this different than friending the person? Not sure, possibly only allowing the player to save the person's username and be able to message them every few minutes and not allow invites to rooms.

3. Possibly adding a tab labeled "Groups" and introducing a feature for people to join player made groups in the game. Do NOT make joining a group an xGold requiring thing, possibly creating a group might cost a few thousand, but it should not cost anything to join groups. This would allow for people to find others that are in their groups rather than roaming around and being like, "Oh! You're part of SwingSet too? Never knew!". The group could have an option to hide their member's list until you've joined, along with a bio page and name area.

4. Making links clickable! Oh my goodness this would be a godsend. People might have custom websites, gifs, f-link profiles, etc. on their profile and you tell me if you want to sit there and type in every letter. Could ask them for the link, but then you also have to copy, delete their name, then go to the link.

5. Room invites! Wait! We have those?! No, room invites to the room you're in currently. Possibly a second option underneath or above "Invite to apartment". Might be nice for times in "Hey where the heck are you?" -> Invite to current room. Bam! Streamlined baby!

Now, I understand that sex poses are frickin' sick, I understand that dance poses are important to... some. But my GOD do we need some more social / UI updates. I have more ideas, these are a select few that I believe could make a great addition to the game. 

Thanks for reading if you even did! TL;DR : Back / return button, bookmarking, groups, clickable links, room invites. More than happy to discuss further in the comments if you're curious about anything or want to argue!

Hey Welcome to the game! I do have a few critiques for you

1) you can “bookmark” simply by clicking message to open a PM window and not send anything, while this may last the duration of the session it’s better than nothing and you can chase rabbits to your hearts content, just make sure to open a new PM for each bookmark you want....There is a lot of fate that plays into all of this and little you can do to bias it in your favor, the saving grace is that we are creatures of habit so if you’re taking notes and observing carefully you’ll figure it out fast.

2) while there isn’t a public option... if you have a bunch of friends you can invite them to a group chat and try to network that way since not everyone needs to be in the same room so friends can invite their friends etc

3) Room invites is the best thing I would ask for here so I can surf rooms then invite friends instead of them struggle to find the room you are in.

oh and as for the UI I would like to enable WASD walking so I don’t have to micro manage mouse clicks.... would be way easier to do it with WASD walking.

10 hours ago, Rafiell said:

Hey Welcome to the game! I do have a few critiques for you

1) you can “bookmark” simply by clicking message to open a PM window and not send anything, while this may last the duration of the session it’s better than nothing and you can chase rabbits to your hearts content, just make sure to open a new PM for each bookmark you want....There is a lot of fate that plays into all of this and little you can do to bias it in your favor, the saving grace is that we are creatures of habit so if you’re taking notes and observing carefully you’ll figure it out fast.

2) while there isn’t a public option... if you have a bunch of friends you can invite them to a group chat and try to network that way since not everyone needs to be in the same room so friends can invite their friends etc

3) Room invites is the best thing I would ask for here so I can surf rooms then invite friends instead of them struggle to find the room you are in.

oh and as for the UI I would like to enable WASD walking so I don’t have to micro manage mouse clicks.... would be way easier to do it with WASD walking.

All decent remarks, though I'm looking for an actual feature rather than a 'hack' to the game. Having a ready-made group chat instead of having to recreate or reinvite someone each and every time they relog just doesn't feel clean.

I agree with almost all points, especially clickable links in profiles, this would be absolutely great! I would love to link my f-list in my profile. 

But I don't think that bookmarks are good idea. I mean, if person really wants you to be able to write them anytime you wish – why would not they add you to friends? And if they don't want you to write them anytime you wish... Then why should you can do so? I think bookmarking would only lead to more spam in the game and more opportunities for stalking and emotional abuse. Yeah, it can be fixed by adding an option to toggle bookmarking on/off but... What the point if we already have friendlist? Sounds like a waste of developers' time, in my opinion. And a security hole for stalkers to abuse newbies who did not check settings or was not attentive enough to toggle bookmarking off. Or abuse anyone if there would be no toggling on/off.

6 hours ago, Xizl said:

I agree with almost all points, especially clickable links in profiles, this would be absolutely great! I would love to link my f-list in my profile. 

But I don't think that bookmarks are good idea. I mean, if person really wants you to be able to write them anytime you wish – why would not they add you to friends? And if they don't want you to write them anytime you wish... Then why should you can do so? I think bookmarking would only lead to more spam in the game and more opportunities for stalking and emotional abuse. Yeah, it can be fixed by adding an option to toggle bookmarking on/off but... What the point if we already have friendlist? Sounds like a waste of developers' time, in my opinion. And a security hole for stalkers to abuse newbies who did not check settings or was not attentive enough to toggle bookmarking off. Or abuse anyone if there would be no toggling on/off.

Agreed, the bookmarking isn't a good idea - at least when applied to 3DX. I didn't necessarily think about how in depth someone could use it for poor choices like abusing and annoying people. I haven't particularly been on the receiving end of that myself.

• 1 month later...

Please remove the "Strap-on" buttons from the screen.  Those options should be clothing options which can be put on or taken off as if items of clothing (in the "Clothes" menu at bottom of screen).  Some of us do not ever wear a penis or strap-on, and they are always on the screen as if Gizmo and Lisa are trying to encourage us to use them, or something.

UI.jpg