3DXChat Community

DEVS PLEASE PUT MUSIC REFRESH BUTTON ON DESKTOP

Lovers

Latest :   With my stripped down room .... and the radio (mafon) placed as the first object in the Json file, I  opened and someone complained about not having music shortly after I opened :(

mmmm?

If they can take the trouble to put in this button,  

I actually don't care how they fix it   ... I am not in a competition to get my suggestions acted upon  ... I am making a noise both on here and directly with support ....

If it is as easy to have the music load after everything else has loaded great, its the most obvious ..... But if it was that easy (I don't code) then why didn't they do that initially or when they patched it?

I am assuming any number of variables can interupt the command to activate a stream, even in a perfect world? 

We can sit here forever debating different ways of having the stream start at different positions  ... I have tried at the end middle and start by putting the radio in different positions in the Json file .... Presently if it appears at the beginning or the end of the Json file the stream isn't always caught. And the amount of objects and power of the PC appears to affect the chances of the stream command being caught by the person entering a room. I am sure if they had a simple refresh button they would use it before poofing

I can use a simple, free piece of software to create a shortcut to automate selecting settings and turning the music off and on again   .... so if something is easier and immediate great  .... but i know that a person entering my room and failing to get the stream need only turn their radio off and on again.

So lets not compete, welcome all ideas, not just our own at the expense of everyone elses suggestions  ... At the end of the day they will do what they decide to do ... me shakes head :(

I totally agree. I'm just making more noise, just like you. The more we talk about this, the more this subject stays on the list for the devs to see.

Yes I agree the more noise the better :)   

Let me elucidate .... yes this problem needs poroperly addressing  ... but even if it is I believe a shortcut to refresh the music stream should still be added. Its a really simple solution that takes no special coding and works flawlessly in my experience.

The music stream can be interuppted for many reasons, in fact people have mentioned losing the stream while in a room (in general and not in my room in particular) .... The same as any stream can be interuppted .... Its a low tech fix That anyone can use by going into settings and unselecting and reselecting the radio ... The same can be achieved by re-entering the room, but a refresh button is so obvious to noobs and easy for those with experience it seems an obvious inclusion to me .... and saves all the messing about :)

So radio as last object?

Anyway such a button would be a nice fix since we had that problem in the past too. 

I forgot I have already checked the radio as the last object  .... When I built a ship .... I removed the radio and added the radio close to the boat, so it would have been the last object  and I still had the problem :(

Anyway such a button would be a nice fix since we had that problem in the past too. 

Yes, and if someone in your room complains they have no music you can tell them to hit the refresh button  ... Yes the DJ can refresh, but as you already pointed out that interupts everyones stream ....

OK ... not such an uncommon problem  .... I missed a peep poofing after getting no music .... So I PMed him, his reply ... quote :-  yes it's a common issue to rooms right now. Players have to reset it from settings, otherwise the host has to do that for everyone from the player.

PS ... so obviously I haven't fixed it by removing objects :(   ... really pissed off

I managed to get rid of it by lowering graphic settings to minimum :/

Thanks .... but that only sorts the problem for those visiting a room :( The room owner can't change the settings of those visiting the room ....

It really doesn't make any difference where you put the radio in the Json file :(  I even tried putting the radio as the first last and midlle object all at once ... You can put several radios and they will all have the stream regardless of which radio you add the stream too  ... so I believe the radio isn't important, its just a fancy input box for the streams ....