38 replies to this topic

#21 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 01 February 2018 - 05:23 PM

would be interesting to know if there are any changes if the radio object is the first or the last object in the room.

I will let you know as soon as I test Chloe. But I have put the radio ( "Mafon"  as described in the json file ) as the first object in my cut down room. I will try it in my full room sometime this week (had enough for today haha). I don't know if it will help, but it does no harm to have it as the first object ..... and I will also try as the last object for comparison  :)

PS my girlfriend is away this week so will only be able to do a test if someone has a less powerful PC, has the problem and is willing to come along for me to test the rooms with the radio (mafon) as the first and the last object.

• chloe and Heden like this

#22 Rochi

Rochi

(。◕‿◕。)

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 780 posts
  • LocationFinland

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:33 PM

I need someone testing the refresh feature hint hint~ x) I'm not 100% sure refreshing the radio fixes it every time ;S

• Chilles and RobPathfinder like this

#23 Chilles

Chilles

ℱ𝓵𝔂𝓲𝓷𝓰 ℋ𝓪𝔀𝓴

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 1,909 posts
  • Location𝔊𝔢𝔯𝔪𝔞𝔫𝑦

Posted 01 February 2018 - 11:39 PM

I think someone with the issues should it testing :)

#24 RobPathfinder

RobPathfinder

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 399 posts
  • LocationNY

Posted 02 February 2018 - 04:55 AM

13,701 items that is how many items the room know as Pandora, has, most of the items were far away from the entrance room and a long ass run was required. The lagging if any occured just looking at the glowing cubes, the seven headed dragon Fluffy, nor 60% of the actual area produce lag to my way below superior computer (means it sucks), i do not think it is the amount of items, could be just the amount of items in one area to include the avis as the cause of the music not sounding. However is turning off and on the radio in settings not a sort of refresher?

• MeiLing likes this

#25 MeiLing

MeiLing

The fool who dreams

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,986 posts
  • LocationHong Kong

Posted 02 February 2018 - 05:33 AM

No lag at Pandora and I used a 9 years computer at this time. 

Landing zone should be free from too many detailed objects, this way the room can be loaded properly. 

Another fact is that music (it depends on the stream) may cause lag. I have seen rooms with lag, when you turned off the music... no more lag and it was not large rooms filled with objects. 

#26 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 02 February 2018 - 07:34 AM

Well the good news (I Think  ;) ) contacted support and here is their reply :-

"Hi! 

Thank you for your message. We will check this out as soon as possible. "

• chloe and JessicaX like this

#27 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 02:30 PM

Latest :   With my stripped down room .... and the radio (mafon) placed as the first object in the Json file, I  opened and someone complained about not having music shortly after I opened :(

mmmm?

#28 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 03 February 2018 - 06:52 PM

Another regular no music  .... Don't make radio first object ... :(

Removing objects resolved issue  ... making the object the first in the list has just brought the problem back :(

#29 DireTeddyBear

DireTeddyBear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 09:45 AM

If they can take the trouble to put in this button, they can take the trouble to simply fix it. Like not loading the music until the room is finished loading.

#30 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 11:00 AM

If they can take the trouble to put in this button,  

I actually don't care how they fix it   ... I am not in a competition to get my suggestions acted upon  ... I am making a noise both on here and directly with support ....

If it is as easy to have the music load after everything else has loaded great, its the most obvious ..... But if it was that easy (I don't code) then why didn't they do that initially or when they patched it?

I am assuming any number of variables can interupt the command to activate a stream, even in a perfect world? 

We can sit here forever debating different ways of having the stream start at different positions  ... I have tried at the end middle and start by putting the radio in different positions in the Json file .... Presently if it appears at the beginning or the end of the Json file the stream isn't always caught. And the amount of objects and power of the PC appears to affect the chances of the stream command being caught by the person entering a room. I am sure if they had a simple refresh button they would use it before poofing

I can use a simple, free piece of software to create a shortcut to automate selecting settings and turning the music off and on again   .... so if something is easier and immediate great  .... but i know that a person entering my room and failing to get the stream need only turn their radio off and on again.

So lets not compete, welcome all ideas, not just our own at the expense of everyone elses suggestions  ... At the end of the day they will do what they decide to do ... me shakes head :(

#31 DireTeddyBear

DireTeddyBear

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 63 posts

Posted 04 February 2018 - 08:37 PM

I totally agree. I'm just making more noise, just like you. The more we talk about this, the more this subject stays on the list for the devs to see.

• sputnik likes this

#32 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 07:57 AM

I totally agree. I'm just making more noise, just like you. The more we talk about this, the more this subject stays on the list for the devs to see.

Yes I agree the more noise the better :)   

Let me elucidate .... yes this problem needs poroperly addressing  ... but even if it is I believe a shortcut to refresh the music stream should still be added. Its a really simple solution that takes no special coding and works flawlessly in my experience.

The music stream can be interuppted for many reasons, in fact people have mentioned losing the stream while in a room (in general and not in my room in particular) .... The same as any stream can be interuppted .... Its a low tech fix That anyone can use by going into settings and unselecting and reselecting the radio ... The same can be achieved by re-entering the room, but a refresh button is so obvious to noobs and easy for those with experience it seems an obvious inclusion to me .... and saves all the messing about :)

#33 chloe

chloe

♫ Queen of Bass ♫

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 2,407 posts
  • LocationDJ Booth

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:22 AM

So radio as last object?

Anyway such a button would be a nice fix since we had that problem in the past too. 

• sputnik likes this

#34 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:46 AM

So radio as last object?

Anyway such a button would be a nice fix since we had that problem in the past too. 

I forgot I have already checked the radio as the last object  .... When I built a ship .... I removed the radio and added the radio close to the boat, so it would have been the last object  and I still had the problem :(

#35 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 08:55 AM

Yes, and if someone in your room complains they have no music you can tell them to hit the refresh button  ... Yes the DJ can refresh, but as you already pointed out that interupts everyones stream ....

#36 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 05 February 2018 - 03:52 PM

OK ... not such an uncommon problem  .... I missed a peep poofing after getting no music .... So I PMed him, his reply ... quote :-  yes it's a common issue to rooms right now. Players have to reset it from settings, otherwise the host has to do that for everyone from the player.

PS ... so obviously I haven't fixed it by removing objects :(   ... really pissed off

#37 roflzor

roflzor

• Members
  • Pip
  • 2 posts

Posted 08 February 2018 - 08:34 PM

I managed to get rid of it by lowering graphic settings to minimum :/

#38 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 11:56 AM

I managed to get rid of it by lowering graphic settings to minimum :/

Thanks .... but that only sorts the problem for those visiting a room :( The room owner can't change the settings of those visiting the room ....

#39 sputnik

sputnik

Advanced Member

• Members
  • PipPipPip
  • 356 posts

Posted 09 February 2018 - 12:01 PM

It really doesn't make any difference where you put the radio in the Json file :(  I even tried putting the radio as the first last and midlle object all at once ... You can put several radios and they will all have the stream regardless of which radio you add the stream too  ... so I believe the radio isn't important, its just a fancy input box for the streams ....

0 user(s) are reading this topic

0 members, 0 guests, 0 anonymous users