3DXChat Community

Moderators Needed ... Yes or No?

CrazyAli

Moderators yes or no?  

100 members have voted

1. 1. Moderators needed in-world, yes or no?

• Yes
    • No

Guest MatoKuroi

We as players have the option to leave an unpleasant situation or if necessary block the person. We have the control.

We have no control over all! Can that are not faced, but its not stop those who do anything. The moderators should be there to manage people who disturb other players. Of course you need moderators who know to be correct in his justice.

At poll my answer is *No*. And i think that the unfortunate experience with the previous moderator will not allow developers to do it again. Even if you create a million topics about it. My personal opinion.

This is an important topic, be aware treat it properly and not take it lightly

This is an important topic, be aware treat it properly and not take it lightly

I just think that the developers will not read everything that written in this thread. That they have their own opinion and reasons in this regard. Especially when they can compare how the game works with or without moderators. I think that long ago they made their conclusions. And if someone lazy to make screenshot and report  it's not a problem of game. It's just childish and laziness.
my personal opinion

I have spoken to some people about this the past couple of days and here are my thoughts.

If moderators were to be players they must only use their moderation privileges for disruptive behaviour which will also include your friends. And if your friends go mad at you, they shouldn't of been disruptive in the first place. I know many online games where mods are players because they can intergrate themselves into the community more. I believe being a moderator should not affect the way you play the game and you should play it like you always have, the only difference is you keep an eye out for disruptive behaviour.

Mods will be a part of the game one day or another so it will happen eventually. As the player base grows they will need more people to keep the bad behaviour at bay.

Now having mods in game seems to have mixed reviews which is expected. People say mods will destroy the freedom you have in game? This I don't see how, all a moderator will do is keep an eye on those who are disruptive not everyone else, if you aren't a disruptive individual then you have nothing to worry about and your freedom will still be there. You are all forgetting this is an online social sex GAME emphasis on Game. It is not a life, and your freedom will still be the same, games are here to enjoy yourselves. The thing is we won't even know when a mod is in the area which is how it should be. They should keep their identity as a mod secret so people don't act differently when they are around.

I am seeing a lot of posts like this and don't understand why you are all worried about this. Its only a system they will put in place for the abusive players if you aren't one of them, then you have nothing to worry about.

Kind Regards

MrAsh

And if someone lazy to make screenshot and report  it's not a problem of game. It's just childish and laziness.

It easy to say for a player that been there for a while that it seen childish and lazy to not take screenshot.

If you knew how many people I had to teach how to take screenshot and upload it on a hosting site.

Sometime it not out of laziness but out of technical skill and also that most player when they start won't think about taking screenshot of every possible conversion that could be exploited agaisnt them or rule breaking.

I know a veteran in this game to the habit of having a screenshot folder that keep growing and growing.

The reporting feature in this game need to be greatly improve and it something I wrote many time before. We should be able to take screenshot from in-game and almost an easier way to provide them. No one should be at disavantage before they are not as proficient with handling computer or files.  

Light shot, google it. if you cant use that then there is nothing you can use. easiest screenie program there is

It easy to say for a player that been there for a while that it seen childish and lazy to not take screenshot.

If you knew how many people I had to teach how to take screenshot and upload it on a hosting site.

Sometime it not out of laziness but out of technical skill and also that most player when they start won't think about taking screenshot of every possible conversion that could be exploited agaisnt them or rule breaking.

I know a veteran in this game to the habit of having a screenshot folder that keep growing and growing.

The reporting feature in this game need to be greatly improve and it something I wrote many time before. We should be able to take screenshot from in-game and almost an easier way to provide them. No one should be at disavantage before they are not as proficient with handling computer or files.  

Just let us save chat logs! and we dont need any screenshots))

Well, the chat log would need to be on server side so that they can't be altered. 

God forbid that we bring moderators back from the grave to this game.

Iam one of the old players that have seen the age of moderators that were actuall players in the game, and guess what ?

It didnt work, one mod comes into my mind like a horror movie Bran, those who have been here for a year or a bit longer will remember that name. She was obssesed with power she had, threats were real from her, condensending tone of speech, and if she didnt like you for any reason you would be banned for at least 24 hours without any given reason. Power corrupts i will not go in for full details but it didnt work then and it wont work now. What should be done is fully functional ignore as many of people suggesting here. The button that at your whim cuts all interraction that you are in charge off. Simple as that

Guest Larrygair

God forbid that we bring moderators back from the grave to this game.

Iam one of the old players that have seen the age of moderators that were actuall players in the game, and guess what ?

It didnt work, one mod comes into my mind like a horror movie Bran, those who have been here for a year or a bit longer will remember that name. She was obssesed with power she had, threats were real from her, condensending tone of speech, and if she didnt like you for any reason you would be banned for at least 24 hours without any given reason. Power corrupts i will not go in for full details but it didnt work then and it wont work now. What should be done is fully functional ignore as many of people suggesting here. The button that at your whim cuts all interraction that you are in charge off. Simple as that

Yes, Power corrupts.

L.

I have spoken to some people about this the past couple of days and here are my thoughts.

If moderators were to be players they must only use their moderation privileges for disruptive behaviour which will also include your friends. And if your friends go mad at you, they shouldn't of been disruptive in the first place. I know many online games where mods are players because they can intergrate themselves into the community more. I believe being a moderator should not affect the way you play the game and you should play it like you always have, the only difference is you keep an eye out for disruptive behaviour.

Mods will be a part of the game one day or another so it will happen eventually. As the player base grows they will need more people to keep the bad behaviour at bay.

Now having mods in game seems to have mixed reviews which is expected. People say mods will destroy the freedom you have in game? This I don't see how, all a moderator will do is keep an eye on those who are disruptive not everyone else, if you aren't a disruptive individual then you have nothing to worry about and your freedom will still be there. You are all forgetting this is an online social sex GAME emphasis on Game. It is not a life, and your freedom will still be the same, games are here to enjoy yourselves. The thing is we won't even know when a mod is in the area which is how it should be. They should keep their identity as a mod secret so people don't act differently when they are around.

I am seeing a lot of posts like this and don't understand why you are all worried about this. Its only a system they will put in place for the abusive players if you aren't one of them, then you have nothing to worry about.

Kind Regards

MrAsh

I do not see it as disrupting freedom. This is a privately owned game with rules. However, as many have point out, players as mods is a bad idea. Power corrupts, as has been mentioned. The only way to ensure that old behaviors from the time of mods will not resume is to have mods be invisible. Meaning they cannot interact with players. They only watch, read and investigate reports then take action when needed. Subjecting players to in game mods when they have lost faith in it because of the old system will cause 3DX to lose some, if not the majority of those players. I think that is why people are worried about it. Let's be honest, it is cheaper to have an in game mod and give them a free yearly sub versus paying someone to do it. So it is likely that a mod will be a player, which in my opinion is the reason for so much resistance.

At poll my answer is *No*. And i think that the unfortunate experience with the previous moderator will not allow developers to do it again. Even if you create a million topics about it. My personal opinion.

Oh I dont play on creating a ton of topics myself, and having been here nearly 14 months, I know the pros and cons to in-game moderators.  Just with the increase of new people, I figured its been enough time since our last batch of moderators to see what the new people have to say on the matter.

ho hum,

if you do the right thing you would not have to fear any mod, however if you are out to cause pain and heartache you should fear any moderator, and that's what happened in the past people continually broke the rules and were banned, that wasn't the mods rules but the rules of the game. the rules set down by the developers of the game, in conjunction with Bran. they weren't Brans rules she was the person that had to enforce them. Bran is gone , she will never come back, others have made the job of Moderation an impossible task, as I have said further back in this post, it would be simple to cure the problem. fix the ignore into a full block and link all friends to all three avatars as is any ignores presently. then all we have to do is all act for the best outcome in and for the Game. I am tired of all this poop

JUST SAYIN

ho hum,

if you do the right thing you would not have to fear any mod, however if you are out to cause pain and heartache you should fear any moderator, and that's what happened in the past people continually broke the rules and were banned, that wasn't the mods rules but the rules of the game. the rules set down by the developers of the game, in conjunction with Bran. they weren't Brans rules she was the person that had to enforce them. Bran is gone , she will never come back, others have made the job of Moderation an impossible task, as I have said further back in this post, it would be simple to cure the problem. fix the ignore into a full block and link all friends to all three avatars as is any ignores presently. then all we have to do is all act for the best outcome in and for the Game. I am tired of all this poop

JUST SAYIN

Every rule can be bent, interpreted, used or abused for some personal gain or show of power by some one who can enforce it, it has been done before it will be done again probably if mods return. Who says that the next mod wont be doing as Bran can you gurantee that  ? Can you gurantee fully unpartial moderator if he/she is at same time a player ? 

I do agree with you on your suggestion just simply fixing ignore button that cuts all communication to undisired account should be simple task to fix =)

I started playing 3DXCHAT at first, in the early days of the game. Already witnessed many abuses and cruelties of players in this game. There was nothing, no button to block or report, or moderators.

"horror movie Bran"  Would this is fair?

Bran had the willingness to help and the courage to accept responsibility. And this in an experimental time of the game. She devoted many hours of your life to improve the game, and I know she contributed much!

I know her a long time before the 3dxchat, I know she has one hot temper and was never very tolerant of harmful people or trolls, even before you have any power! But do not believe that she has been dishonest!

obs .:'m not participating in the voting or giving suggestions.

Here the question about the possibility of abuse .

Nobody is talking here about who was better or worse,there is the basic question about moderators and their necessity in (General) .

I remember that I was taught long ago that one should act on the internet as one would do in real life.

If people can't act like that in 3DXChat... Well then I think we have to solve it like they would do in real life.

Because lets face it, in real life you HAVE MODERATORS. They are called the police, or security or whatevs. They are there to serve and protect. And I think it is wrong to assume that every moderator is like Bran, if mods comes back, why would they be like Bran lol?

We can't let one person's bad behaviour make us disbelieve every mods skill to be a good mod.

It is ALMOST... Rascist o.O

A total Ignore function, that's all what we need...

This Ignore function should be work in two directions!

- Block and Ignore the full Account

- Remove the victims and offenders Avatars for both sides

- Remove the Chat process for both sides

Then is the way free for the ultimate self moderation :)

And it's cheaper as pay 3 or 4 Moderators.

The last what 3DXChat need is players with god functions :angry:

And 3 or 4 professional game moderators can't be there 24hours for all members around the 3DXchat world...

For my opinion, we should stop about talking for game Moderators and talk about Ideas for a better ignore function :P

I'm sure that this function can be implemented in game :)

I remember that I was taught long ago that one should act on the internet as one would do in real life.

If people can't act like that in 3DXChat... Well then I think we have to solve it like they would do in real life.

Because lets face it, in real life you HAVE MODERATORS. They are called the police, or security or whatevs. They are there to serve and protect. And I think it is wrong to assume that every moderator is like Bran, if mods comes back, why would they be like Bran lol?

We can't let one person's bad behaviour make us disbelieve every mods skill to be a good mod.

Racist-a person who believes that a particular race is superior to another.  

It would be more like being prejudiced- The act or state of holding unreasonable preconceived judgments or convictions

In real life police dosent look over your shoulder evry second of your existens, and what says they wont be like that particular person ? 

If i can ask, what is wrong with the current ignore button? What part of it isnt working how people want? I only ask because nobody is on my block list so i have no clue.