3DXChat Community

Laptop runs slow after loading a room

TheMeaganG90

First off, I want to thank the kind people of 3dx that built these rooms as freebies. I’ve used a house and I like it, however, this is where it leads to a problem.

My laptop was running slow and it was driving me nuts. What do I need to do to avoid this?

If your game was running smoothly before loading the room into your editor, then there is multiple things you need to know that might be a reason your PC is running slow:

1. Object over object duplication is a common bug that happens with everyone including me and it happens alot.... sometimes my whole build is duplicated over the original one creating a serious lag... you can discover this by trying to drag every object away from its place slightly to or press delete see if there is anything under it (you can undo the delete using CTRL + Z).... if it exists you need to do a serious clean up.

2. Too many trees or/and stretched trees are also a serious problem because of their swaying animation (wind), alot of them would be a hell of a load on your RAM that can generate tree ghost figures while roaming the map in free cam and also watch out for duplicated trees.... they might not be alot in the map but they may be duplicated as I mentioned above.

3. Too much light is another reason... too much light is a heavy load on the graphics card especially if you have it on extreme settings and casting shadows & reflections are enabled for clothes and objects (also lights might be duplicated)

If you can share the file.... I can check it for duplications :)

First off, I want to thank the kind people of 3dx that built these rooms as freebies. I’ve used a house and I like it, however, this is where it leads to a problem.

My laptop was running slow and it was driving me nuts. What do I need to do to avoid this?

Imagine this could quite possibly be your problem:

http://www.tomsguide.com/answers/id-3290468/force-dedicated-gpu.html

Laptop usually work somewhat different from normal PCs, in that they typically have auto settings that switches between using inbuilt processor HD graphic chip and between what you normally call dedicated graphic card GPU(Nvidia or Radeon depending on which you have). This usually something done to save power on battery for users so you don't use your Nvidia or Radeon just to browse internet pages etc since they usually spend more power, but this also often create problems playing demanding games or running graphic heavy programs. So to fix that problem you'll have to go in to force settings to use your dedicated GPU for those tasks.