3DXChat Community

Album Locations

KuroMegami

I have an issue I was hoping someone could address for me, I have many photo's on 3DX and as they all are named the dates they were taken I wanted to get rid of the old ones so I could make it more organised but I could not delete them in-game...now comes the issue. When you enter the screen where you choose what photo to upload and if you click on the green arrow that points up it will take you to the 3DXChat file locations and it has 7 options for me to choose from, these are:

• 2015-09-08_080054
  • 2015-09-17_051954
  • 2015-11-30_144056
  • 3DXChat_Data
  • Patcher_Data
  • Screenshots
  • VSD

However as someone who likes to manage my files personally I have an issue because when I go into the 3DX folder outside of the game I only have these folders:

• 3DXChat_Data
  • Patcher_Data
  • VSD

The folders with the dates on them are irrelevant as they have nothing in them but not having the Screenshots Folder there when I check means that I cannot delete or manage any of the photo's I have taken so my question is...is the game designed so that you cannot tamper with photo files at all inside and outside of the game or is there an issue that needs to be fixed on my part. Thanks all.

Those dated folders are crash reports, when you crashed to desktop. :)

Hmm... I have the Screenshots folder on my end Kuro, this is how my folder looks.

05b54e2a37.png

It's odd that your game doesn't unless you are looking in the wrong directory. As you may have the old install directory that you're looking at, the new install directory is Program Files (x86) > 3DXChat

Where as before it used to be Program Files (x86) > SexGameDevil > 3DXChat

So double check you're looking in the right directory.

Thanks for the Reply Ash.

I do think I am in the right place I did this:

• Start (Office button, bottom left obviously)
  • Computer
  • Local Disk (C Drive)
  • Program Files (x86)
  • 3DXChat

I was going to attach a word document with a step by step but it turns out I did not have permission to upload that type of file or something like that sorry. Thanks again for the reply :)

I have the same problem.

The only way I've been able to find my 3DX screenshots is to do a search on my C drive for "screenshots". I have tried to find the folder myself, following the address the search finds but still can't find it.

I admit to being a bit of a computer novice when it comes to this type of thing, so I could just be missing something.

Most fixes to this is running the game as admin each time and/or creating a Screenshots folder in 3DXChat folder directory with write permissions to all users under the properties for that folder as you know if you run the game not in admin mode the computer will treat your permission as a "user" rather than "administrator" and most folder write permissions is Administrator only, so you'd need to set all applications to run in admin mode by default under the properties or security on the computer itself. :)

Thanks a lot ash :)I went into the 3DX folder, created a folder called "Screenshots" ran the game as admin and all the pictures I had taken thus far were gone so I took one to see what would happen and lo and behold the screenshot folder is the one I made a few minutes before hand. I appreciate all the help you have given me :)

Having checked, I now have a screenshots folder, but it only contains the picture I took on 16/12/15, the older shots remain in the more elusive one.

I have however been able to copy all my pictures into the new folder. So problem solved.

Yeah I believe you can copy them all in the window that opens up when you click to upload pictures in the game. And put them in a more public folder and such. :)

Yep forums are here to help also. ^_^

Question though.. how does one login as Admin?

I created the folder. Log into the game as my usual self... but any pic I take doesn't go anywhere...???

I am probably missing a step somewhere. Please assist

If you have a shortcut for 3DXChat (if not, create one)...

- right click on it and select Properties at the bottom

- then click the Shortcut tab at the top,

- then click on the Advanced button, near the bottom.

- next, check the Run as Administrator box

- click OK and then click OK again to exit. You may be asked to provide Administrator permission at that time so just click Continue and it should then exit.

Then you don't have to worry about remembering to run it as Admin when you start it in future as it will automatically do so.

you dont need to run the game as admin, changing the permissions of the screen folder to be writebale by users besids the administrator also worked for me

Tested now, yes this works too! Thank you :)

Works with right click on the Screenshot Folder--->properties---->Security--->Users--->Edit

:)

• 2 months later...

Bumping this with some tech-tech talk on how to find the screenshots folder -- and also how to avoid needing to launch the game as Administrator for screenshots.

Sometime, I have no idea when, Microsoft decided that enough was enough with programs needing to write to the program files directory. It's basically a cheap-as-free security measure to limit modifying programs to only the highest privilege. But this bit is boring so let's move on.

The solution was to redirect writes to the program files directory by unprivileged programs to a space owned by the user. Navigating to this space is the trick. Here's the easiest way I know of to describe:

• Open the "Downloads" shortcut. In the top of the Explorer bar, you will see a construct like "Username -> Downloads".
  • Click on the "Username" portion of that construct.
  • Click the empty space next to the arrow next to "Username", you should get the ability to start typing. Type, including the back-slash, and press enter: \AppData
  • Open the folder "Local"
  • Open the folder "VirtualStore"
  • Open the folder "Program Files (x86)" -- From here on out, you've probably figured it out, but I'm'a keep going.
  • Open the folder "3DXChat"
  • Open the folder "Screenshots"
  • So you never have to do this again, go back to that top bar you typed in before, grab the little folder icon next to "Username" and drag it to your desktop or some such place that you like. Now you have a quick shortcut.

I'd post screenies... but way too lazy to censor the private data. Hope this helps. :)