3DXChat Community

Is Bulgaria/Sunny Beach worth it?

CathyDeeFox

11 members have voted

1. 1. Is it?

• Yeah its super rad!
    • Dunno, don't care.
    • You would have much more fun sucking on your thumb for one week

Depends what you want out of a holiday. If drug dealing and prostitution are your thing, go ahead, lol. Although, as Zedd says, it is always worth visiting once, just ensure that they have really built your hotel ;) If it's a quiet family holiday you want, forget it. 

If you want to see interesting places that are culture oriented, there are much nicer places in Bulgaria to visit but you would have to go inland (although you can probably get day trips from any major center).

Golden Sands, north of Varna, is nicer, if you want a resort like environment with sun, sea and sand and not so much emphasis on glitz and glamor.  And, anywhere else down the coast, outside the urban areas, is great for a quiet time. 

Tezziz has a good point, Ayia Napa is outstanding. http://www.tripadvisor.com/Tourism-g262055-Ayia_Napa_Famagusta_District-Vacations.html

Sunny beach is a bit destitute, sure, and I only spent six days there, but I had fun. Depends what you are used to I guess. When you spend time in Afghanistan, Sunny Beach just isn't very threatening...

• 2 weeks later...
Guest AleksXXX

So far from all that I know it's not a safe place to visit alone.If you want to visit Sunny Beach take with you some trusted friends for your own safety.