3DXChat Community

Rendering Circle Around My Character?

Mook

Happy belated New Year!

As the title says, I've come across an issue where on some maps there will be a big radius around my character that very noticeably defines where everything outside of it becomes low res. I've explored a few maps and it all points to Enable Shadows being enabled. Most pieces of furniture or builds are effected by it, but some aren't. I haven't noticed it as much until recently and I was just curious to know if this was how the game has always been and I've somehow never noticed? Or if there is something I can do on my end to remove it?

For reference, I'll attach the only other post I've found about this issue that I could find on the interwebs. It also explains it much better than I did:

If it helps any, I have a 3070Ti, i7 12700k, and 16GB of DDR4 and am playing on 5G wifi (not by choice) with a VPN.

Any and all help is appreciated!

EDIT: I included three snips to better preview what I'm referring to.
DOUBLE EDIT: It seems to mainly persist in outdoor maps. Regardless of the time of day that I change it to. 

example3.png

example2.png

example1.png

Edited by Mook
included images

Like MeiLing said, normal behavior the game would run awful for most people, if it rendered everything at max quality all over a room, so the game scales down the quality outside of the circle, you will notice if you change your settings to lower settings that the circle might get reduced to an even smaller size, for people on older computers/laptops.