3DXChat Community

Hello ! I'm going to share here all my creations on 3DXchat, in order. I made them entirely, without any external contribution. They are 100% made from scratch. I used to expose my work on the game, during events organized around each new room, this topic allows me to archive it.

Edited by OliverX

• OliverX changed the title to OliverX Creations gallery

1 - The Dome

Here is my first room. As you can see, I turned the initial concert room into a club.
The small stage with the violin, bandoneon, double bass, piano and jazz guitar was taking up a lot of data (I wanted to make the instruments realistic), so I simply replaced it with decorative elements appropriate for a club. It took me way too long to get what I wanted for this first room, but it allowed me to get right into the build. I had already started to use and tame some of the game's bugs to get the visual effects I wanted, which I expanded on later as I broadened my knowledge of the subject.
I think the main problem of this room is its size, because at that time teleportation didn't exist, and most of the players didn't discover any of the little hidden places I had imagined here and there, the exploration being a bit long 😅
Grand Opening of the concert hall version: Dec. 11th 2020
Grand Opening of the night club version: Feb. 5th 2021

1The_Dome_1.JPG

2Dome_bando.jpg

3Dome_CB.jpg

4Dome_rab1.jpg

5The_Dome_3.jpg

6dome_14.jpg

8Dome_6.jpg

7dome_17.jpg

Edited by OliverX

2 - Last Exile

This second room is more elaborate than the previous one from a purely technical point of view, and is achieved more quickly thanks to the progress made. It is a club with soft, muffled and cosy lighting ambiences. It includes a multi-level dance floor, a mezzanine overlooking the outside, a VP space in the basement, a splitting device for dancers, many distorted poses, 2 rooms, 3 bars, 3 toilets, and 2 billboards for logos and DJs. Ideal for a capacity of 100 to 200 people. The flat floor of the dancefloor of the first room bored me a little and I wanted to create relief this time by creating many levels of height, including using several floors, stairs, spiral floors ...
I also wanted to have an opening to the outside, without having to propose a finished and restrictive decor. So I eliminated the sea and built my room in the middle of the clouds, with only the glow of a fading sun in the distance as a reference point. I liked this very much because the room became really interesting conceptually: no limits, so more immersion for the player. I also added a lot of distorted poses, all over the place. Finally, the room is mostly known for its hologram effects which allowed me to double the dancers by an optical effect, which had not been seen before on the game. I had already experimented this in spheres with The Dome, but I pushed the experience a little further with the possibility of observing this effect wherever you are in the room, with a set of lights that increases the effect.

Grand Opening : June 5th 2021

LE 2.jpg

LE 1.jpg

LE 3.jpg

LE 4.jpg

LE 5.jpg

LE 6.jpg

LE 7.jpg

LE 8.jpg

LE 9.jpg

Edited by OliverX

3 - Reboot

My third room is very different from the previous two. This time, I wanted to emphasize the outdoor setting to give the player a great depth of field. I chose a darker and more futuristic atmosphere. The building itself is kind of a pretext this time, because I built it so that the player can enjoy the scenery to the fullest, without having the view obstructed by a part of the building (a futuristic airbase). This gives a rather particular but interesting structure, which would have deserved to be more detailed, if the game didn't have its limits in terms of file size. I wanted to use this room initially as an outdoor club room. I realized that it was very difficult to have such a setting without many players experiencing lag phenomena when their graphics card is a bit weak. Afterwards, I tried to lighten the scenery, but without really finding a good compromise between fluidity and rendering. I finally decided that this room would be a chill room only -which was more appropriate- and that I will find a better compromise in a next one.
A few months later, I finally had the best opportunity to work on an optimal fluidity/rendering ratio by participating in the Lovense contest. So I opted for a panorama room again, but very different this time. I took the opportunity to do tests at each stage of the build, monitoring the activity of my graphics card. Very informative ! But also necessary for this kind of event. Having won the contest, with a official record 387 people in the room and dancers who were able to synchronize perfectly throughout the event, I consider that the revenge was won ! Even if Reboot has only been opened 2 or 3 times, this room has been important in my progress as a builder, and I still like its atmosphere. I think in the future to work on it with a different luminosity, because it seems to me that it can still deliver some visual surprises.

Grand Opening : Nov. 23th 2021

Reboot 1.jpg

Reboot 2.jpg

Reboot 3.jpg

Reboot 4.jpg

Reboot 5.jpg

Reboot 6.jpg

Reboot 7.jpg

Reboot 8.jpg

Reboot 9.jpg

Edited by OliverX

4 - Lovense Summit Rave Party

Lovense Summit Rave Party is my fourth room. It won the Lovense/3DXchat build contest in the summer of 2022 and broke the record of 387 people with a nice fluidity in play and no worries for the dance teams. It is equipped with more than 200 poses distributed on more than 5 levels of height, and is ideal for the events of great scale, with a gauge higher than 200 people. I used mostly warm tones, to get a summery yet glamorous effect, with a touch of purple on the dance floor to balance it out.
I completely redesigned the 3DXchat .world logo for the occasion. I especially enjoyed creating the 3DXChat logo, as it has some very challenging subtleties for a builder, which were not reproduced on the file I was given. As I knew exactly what I wanted to do for this contest, I built this room very quickly and took the opportunity to work on the logos. I do this systematically, because I think they play an important role in the overall aesthetics. This also corresponds to the principle that I respect since the beginning to build 100% of my rooms myself.

For this room, my main challenge, besides winning the contest Lovense x 3DXChat, was to make a panorama room (with many effects, including bugs tamed for aesthetic purposes as I do every time) as efficient as possible for a large event on the game. The secondary challenge was naturally to have the best data/render ratio. Many people were skeptical when I presented my work, but the event proved that my choices were the right ones, as the room behaved particularly well, despite a official record of 387 people and more than 300 people over almost the entire event. This experience allowed me to solve the problems I had encountered in my previous room, and especially to learn more about the behavior of the game according to the elements used in the editor, thanks to the tests I made throughout my work. This contest was the perfect opportunity for that. It was very gratifying to see things happen as planned, and I salute the excellent performance of the actors of the event, which was a really nice show and a beautiful collective adventure.

Event date : July 29th 2022

ALovense 0.png

DLovense 0.png

ELovense 0.png

Lovense 1.jpg

Lovense 2.jpg

Lovense 3.jpg

Lovense 4.jpg

Lovense 5.jpg

Lovense 6.png

Lovense 7.png

Lovense 8.png

Lovense 17.jpg

Edited by OliverX

5 - Xplorer5

Xplorer 5 is my fifth creation. I wanted to do something on the theme of space this time. It’s a spaceship that I’m using as a pretext for a club, but which nevertheless includes very large private areas for couples who want to get lost in. The room is optimized for a large gauge, just like my previous room. I deliberately avoided saturating the interior of the ship with lights, to emphasize the theme and play on the depth, taking advantage of glass surfaces on all sides, including under the feet.

Grand Opening : Dec. 2d 2022

Xplorer 1.png

Xplorer 2.png

Xplorer 3.png

Xplorer 4.png

Xplorer 5.png

Xplorer 6.png

Xplorer 7.png

Xplorer 8.png

6 - Utopia

Utopia is my sixth room. It is a rooftop/panorama club, in a futuristic style inviting the imagination, rather focused on a post-apocalyptic atmosphere (colonizing another planet etc…).
Here I use a new concept allowing the player to see the horizon as far as the game allows, but by moving away from the “authorized area” with F5, he obtains a black screen: this allows a better immersion because only the optimal points of view are possible, the end of the scenery is no longer apparent and the visual aberrations disappear in all directions.

Grand Opening : Feb. 24th 2023

Utopia 1.png

Utopia 2.jpg

Utopia 3.jpg

Utopia 4.jpg

Utopia 5.jpg

Utopia 6.jpg

Utopia 7.jpg

Utopia 8.jpg

Utopia 9.png

Utopia 10.jpg

Utopia 11.jpg

Edited by OliverX

• 1 month later...

Closing event for the first cycle of rooms

Having the desire to create different clubs with new concepts, I decided to close this first cycle of rooms dedicated to large spaces and panoramas by opening again the room I had made for the 3DXChat/Lovense event of summer 2022. I adapted it to a non-commercial event and it can now emancipate itself from the context for which it was designed. I named this version "Rave 360". A big thank you to everyone who participated in the party !

Event date : May 5th 2023

2023-05-05 21-42-00_310689.png

2023-05-05 20-18-55_229206.png

2023-05-05 21-55-48_325006.png

2023-05-06 13-04-11_9913.png

2023-05-05 22-31-20_361743.png

Edited by OliverX

• 2 months later...
On 3/13/2023 at 10:49 PM, OliverX said:

2 - Dernier exil

Cette deuxième salle est plus élaborée que la précédente d'un point de vue purement technique, et est réalisée plus rapidement grâce aux progrès réalisés. C'est un club aux ambiances lumineuses douces, feutrées et cosy. Il comprend une piste de danse à plusieurs niveaux, une mezzanine donnant sur l'extérieur, un espace VP au sous-sol, un dispositif de fractionnement pour les danseurs, de nombreuses poses déformées, 2 salles, 3 bars, 3 toilettes, et 2 panneaux publicitaires pour les logos et DJs. Idéal pour une capacité de 100 à 200 personnes. Le sol plat du dancefloor de la première salle m'ennuyait un peu et j'ai voulu créer du relief cette fois en créant de nombreux niveaux de hauteur, notamment en utilisant plusieurs étages, des escaliers, des sols en spirale...
Je voulais aussi avoir une ouverture vers l'extérieur, sans avoir à proposer un décor fini et contraignant. J'ai donc éliminé la mer et construit ma chambre au milieu des nuages, avec seulement la lueur d'un soleil déclinant au loin comme point de référence. Cela m'a beaucoup plu car la salle est devenue très intéressante conceptuellement : pas de limites, donc plus d'immersion pour le joueur. J'ai aussi ajouté beaucoup de poses déformées, un peu partout. Enfin, la salle est surtout connue pour ses effets d'hologrammes qui m'ont permis de doubler les danseurs par un effet d'optique, ce qui n'avait pas été vu auparavant sur le jeu. J'avais déjà expérimenté cela dans des sphères avec The Dome, mais j'ai poussé l'expérience un peu plus loin avec la possibilité d'observer cet effet où que vous soyez dans la pièce, avec un jeu de lumières qui augmente l'effet.

Inauguration : 5 juin 2021

LE 2.jpg

LE 1.jpg

LE 3.jpg

LE 4.jpg

LE 5.jpg

LE 6.jpg

LE 7.jpg

LE 8.jpg

LE 9.jpg

Hello Oliver, Can you explain to me how to create the holograms. Please

• 1 month later...

Hello ! Coming soon: a non-open club on an outdoor setting this time. It was a project I'd had in mind for a while -with a few technical challenges that seemed interesting for a builder-, before getting into chill rooms. Here's a preview. Photos and videos will be taken after the grand opening, as usual !

2023-09-14 23-59-00_123134.png

• 2 weeks later...

7 - Cocoon

Cocoon is my 7th room. I wanted to arrange the club in a rather special way, with 2 dancefloors around a central axis featuring numerous poses. For once, the dancefloor is no longer in the center, and this seems to have had the desired effect: players spread out all over the room, adding to the festive and glamorous atmosphere ! 😊

Grand Opening : Sept. 22th 2023

Edited by OliverX

• 3 weeks later...

8 - The Thousand Sunny (light version for parties)

The Thousand Sunny is my first reproduction, based on the manga "One Piece". This room will be the subject of a more detailed version, including all the rooms that make up the interior of the boat, and is destined to become a chill room. In this light version for parties, the ideal capacity is between 100 and 130 people, in relation to the weight of the file and the size of the boat. The main particularity of this room lies in an effect in relation to the water, hitherto unseen on the game, which gives an impression of movement to the boat (see video).

Grand Opening : Oct. 20th 2023

Edited by OliverX

• 2 months later...

9 - 3DXchat Xmas Party 2023

This room almost didn't see the light of day in the context for which it was created: the event was about to be postponed, which would have deprived the room of its Christmas theme. Thanks to all those who worked to make it possible to organize this event on the day in record time, just before the event, thanks to the green light from the developers who were flexible, as the update had not yet taken place, for once. I was happy to see my work finally rewarded with this great party. It was a wonderful adventure, and the fact that it was all decided at the last minute made it a really special evening, a sort of "surprise" party. 

The distinctive feature of this room is the play of light on the snow texture, a highly personal interpretation of a snowy landscape, where cool hues always stand out against a backdrop of warm colors.

Event date : Dec. 23d 2023

2023-12-23_11-49-49_11120.jpg

2023-12-23 12-10-51_48099.jpg

2023-12-23_05-13-00_257988.jpg

2023-12-23_11-54-12_18947.jpg

Edited by OliverX