3DXChat Community

TRUE AUDIENCE - no bots - no playback - no parking

chloe

TRUE_AUDIENCE_LOGO_GOLD.png

TRUE AUDIENCE is an initiative to point out the shabby practice in 3dx, to fill rooms with dancing bots and dead bodies.

The current popular practice of attracting guests by any means is not only unfair to honest party hosts, but also destructive in general. 
The large and crowded, and unfortunately often unethical parties, attract new players. When they find out what is being played, generalizations are made very quickly and everyone suffers.

As a comparison, we can mention bicycle racing. Once it was a prestigious sport, but never-ending doping scandals have ruined it. In the meantime, cycling is frowned upon, because "they all dope anyway".

TRUE AUDIENCE was not created to form a counterpoint and to unify all sincere groups and clubs. It is not a group or any other partnership association itself, it is only a quality label and its supervision.  The label itself is independent and belongs to no one and is monitored equally by all members. 

We stand and commit to the following three points that define a TRUE AUDIENCE experience as we see it:

NO BOTS
By this we mean when a player uses multiple accounts at the same time to play either more dancers or guests. 
We think: Everyone is welcome to have multiple accounts, but not use them at the same time to crowd a party artificially. Each person has only one real body and should therefore play at the same time only one virtual one. 
The exception here is a so-called host account, with which the room can be managed across players.

NO PLAYBACK
The oldest fake in 3DXChat. We have as long so called fake DJs as we have the ability to stream music into our rooms. Everybody likes to be a DJ since they are popular, but many are unfortunately not good for DJing. But instead of learning it, or leaving the field to the real DJ, they download mixes from other DJs and play them. Not only do they screw the audience and the party organizers, but they also discredit the real DJ. The mixes they play are produced by professionals or not mixed live at all. To have to compete with this as a sincere DJ is extremely unfair. No one should adorn themselves with the feathers of others. Who like those ready made mixes, can of course play them, but then please transparent with appropriate announcement. 
We think: Every DJ should put together their own music. Whether if this happens live or with self made playlists is up to the DJ. If music is mixed (like electronic music) this should be done LIVE and not recorded beforehand. No excuses will be tolerated here. If someone is not able to spin live (work / vacation) then they should leave the place to another DJ. After all, there are enough talented DJs in 3DXChat.

NO PARKING
What once started as a well-intentioned way to support a friends party, now takes more and more bizarre forms. Often dozens of AFK "friends" or second accounts dance in the room, or are parked in an hidden area, so that you do not immediately notice that they do not really participate in the party. 
This is not real support. It only suggests a well-attended party, which often resembles a graveyard in terms of atmosphere.
We think: It is okay to be AFK for a while at a party but often people only go online to support a party with their dancing body. This is not only a waste of energy, but also false support. Stop it, the guests are not stupid. If there are visually less in the room than indicated in the room list, it is just as noticeable as if someone does not respond to a private message for hours.

JOIN US
Right now we are already 7 groups supporting this label. If you are a fair play group or club, or just want to show your support, join our Discord server:
https://discord.gg/tC8REagm3K

As much as i agree with your statements, i have a hard time seeing the point of this, as i am left with more questions than answers.

For example If someone is under the umbrella True Audience, how can you monitor that they are staying true to the idea ?

What if someone wants to give a room owner payback for whatever reason "This or that person did so and so"  by word of mouth, and then what ? Sanction them ? How ? Getting denied the "right" to use the banner ? Ban them from other rooms under the umbrella ? Based on hear say and rumours ? Even if you had Colin build a tracer for where the stream originated, what IP the people in the room have and so on, it is hardly evidence of wrong doing.

I`ve permitted my stream used in rooms more than once, even in others when i was hosting my own. And people in the room having the same IP, well, i know several people that plays the same mmo`s from the same IP as friends and family under the same roof, and i doubt it is any different here. 

I have a friend in here that never talks to people when she is dancing. No replying to pm`s, and no talking in local as she just wants to disappear in to the music and let real life be for a moment, thus having the appearance of a bot.  What then ? If she and others like her is "labelled" as a bot by someone, is the room owner being punished for using bots ?

What about hired help and dancers ? People follow people. They always have and always will, so many choose the easy way to fill the room and get others in.  And as much as i loathe to see the 60+ random people as room filler under the disguise of "dancing" in sync when i enter a room, there is nothing to be done about it, as it`s not breaking any game rules.  

That`s just the ones that chose to be a part of the label, i have a lot more about those that don`t, but since it is snowing like crazy, i have to go and rescue my my poor little Fiat 500 from being completely buried under it.

First of all - True Audience is not Umbrella - it is independent and we are not alone looking after the usage of the label.

Right now we are a bunch of honest group / clubs and what unite us is that we are sick - sick of the bots and other tricks.
We look for each other, we check dance teams and DJs... and we stay in permanent exchange. If some one having the label try to trick around and secretly break the rules it will be discovered one day... sure catching DJs / parking is hard and we can't control every time all streams / players / IPs (this would end in a witch hunt) but people are not dumb... those DJ or dance groups who fake, do it often and it will not stay undiscovered.

Every club owners who want to have True Audience label need to watch out and care what happens on their parties, who dance, who DJ... and what the team does like using additional accounts. 

Nothing in the world, also no label, is perfect - see BIO for food.... there will be black sheep! But deliberately violating the label will end very messy - everyone should be aware of that. 

We also make sure that not everyone gets the label just for fun - we do a background check to see if the person / group / club really means it.

Together we can even protect us more from fake DJs and they should know all from the beginning, that we will not tolerate or allow this.

I have more music than your average radio station, and even though i have played in real life clubs i would never call myself a DJ out of respect for those that really are one. The use of the title in here is a joke, since there`s only a handful of people in the game skilled enough to wear it, but it`s their fantasy, and i can think of a lot worse things than people having fun dancing to some mediocre set whether it is their own or borrowed.

If anyone choose to hire a room full of "dancers", and use their friends list as some cheap whore to fill it further, it is up to them. Annoying, yes. Unfair to anyone that can`t afford it or don`t have a gazillion "friends", yes. Bending the unwritten rules, yes, but that`s all it is. I personally think the people doing it have some real unresolved issues, and the same goes for those that feel the need to boost when they have 100+ people in it, It is however not against any rules to do so. 

I had 12 people in my room at once, usually i have 2 or 3. Do i care ? Not really. Sure, much like anyone else, i would like "a ton" of people having fun, boosting serotonin levels and a fake sense of self worth trough the roof, but i am pretty content talking about music and life with my 2-3 guests if having a lot means whoring my self out like so many others do. That is my choice. To do it in order to be or stay "popular", is theirs. This place is a way of escaping for a period of time, a be what you want kind of thing. And many times people try to be something they for one reason or another can`t be in real life. Some guys wants to be girls, some girls wants to be guys and both wants to do things they would never dare to do on the other side of the computer screen. Some want to look better, be cooler, be more interesting or secretive and some want to be popular. 

I understand why they do it, and my way of dealing with it is either not go in, or leave when i see the 60+ dancers or hear an obvious fake set and visit someone else.

I also understand the wanting to change what seems to have become the norm, but creating another "clique" that opposes someone else does not seem like the way to go about it. There are too much of the "we don`t go to this or that room, as it is not a part of our side" already. 

The irony is that if your attempt to stop it result in a vast number of people joining your label, and those people only join rooms that are marked as "cheat free" you have successfully created another way of boosting rooms ...

but hey, best of luck :]

This is the Member Announcement corner of the forum. It is for announcements, not for discussions.

I have neither open questions, nor any need for time consuming and wasteless discussions, especially not on the subject of DJ, otherwise I would have written differently and posted somewhere else. Also I didn't ask any questions, so I don't expect any answers. If you generally feel like having a discussion about whatever topic you like, start one, but not here in my announcement.

I just had a look at your user profile. You like to give your two cents, but you haven't started a single thread yet. Actually, a typical sign of ...., but of course I do not want to accuse you of anything ^^

No matter how, have a nice day and leave my announcement in peace - the reasons for this I already told you.

Thanks!

It is a part of the open forum and most of the treads in here have several replies, but i get it, you want to control this as well as the game itself. That does explains a lot in regards to your ... and ..., not to mention the ..., so i`ll leave you to it. Have fun :]