3DXChat Community

met here and in real...

Guest RobT

Seeing as how there are a few that arent far from me it got me thinking..... Has anyone here actually met in real or are planning on it in the future?

There been few people that managed to meet RL and fully moved into it. I know about 3 couples that already met, Some were my friends.

Few of my friends that been dating here for while or moved on skype and away from this game are planning to meet this year as well.

I am speaking strictly of 3DX Chat in above, I know many more that meet in other social games such as Eve, WoW, Rift, Tera, GW or Second Life.

SO in the end it is possible but I would keep in mind that for every couple that meets and works RL there are 100 if not 1000 of those that end broken hearted here.

My best advice would be do not treat this game as dating site, If its happen then it's awesome and you are lucky. If not well Its not dating site right ? ;)

I do know few that treated this game specially as dating site, and it didn't go well for any of them.

Lots of deception, lies, broken hearts people who quit after being depressed over someone who treat their relationship on totally different level than they did.

I could go on and on about that but its way too depressing.

I agree with that, Was speaking more of a friendly type thing. not so much dating. i tried that meeting a love interest once. traveled across the country. Ended very badly

SO in the end it is possible but I would keep in mind that for every couple that meets and works RL there are 100 if not 1000 of those that end broken hearted here.

Those numbers are total speculation on your part. You have no way of knowing if the actual number is 10 or a million. Neither do you have any way of knowing how the success rate of couples who meet here compares with the success rate of couples who meet in real life.  

In the end, it's really not that hard to figure out who the sincere people are and who the shit-stirrers are. So dreaming up statistics to make the point that you yourself don't consider it a dating site is really pretty meaningless. 

Point was about meeting, In real life couple meet, Here you must go beyond lies and such to move forward to skype and sometimes cross countries to meet.

I was answering approximately how many meet which is not comparable to real life in anyway.

Also please tell me how everyone here meets rl that my numbers are wrong. they are estimate that comes from 12 years of online games experience.

It was about same in every game with lots of people I talked, Ofcourse I dont have exact number no one have. But its more true than bullshit you are talking.

How many people you know here meet? And now many couple dramas breakups are here everyday? So yeah my numbers are quite close to reality.

Get your eyes checked and stop trolling my posts already.

I agreed in general but it depends on  you what do you expect from others?! , this game is virtual in everything therefore do not expect from the other is perfect .

the ear is an access to let you fall in love with someone also eyes but it s not a perfect and true relationship. only for sensual people who can feel others spirit can succeed in relationship because they look for true feelings and mutual understanding and they appreciate that after a lot of trials and errors . the  beauty is short and limited by age ,but sweetness of the soul is elaborated and augmented .

based on my experience I found people brock his relationship with very beautiful partner after long years  and get into another with normal one . when I asked they replayed  : we want someone caring and gives mutual feelings and understanding to spend the rest of the life.

please plan your relationship and expect always less but give more . :wub: 

People have different expectations when it comes to fantasy games. Everyone is different, the important thing is being honest about what people want. Most of us are in a relationship IRL, yeah it is cheating if you are playing this game for "sex" without your partner knowing. It is the same as sexting with someone while you have a bf/gf/wife/husband. Don't try to argue it isn't. But some of us are okay with that, idc. if my g/f finds out about me playing on 3dx. Likewise, idc if she were to play and hide from me, but that is just me. Majority of the broken hearts come in when people don't tell other what they want, or expect more from someone even after they know what the other person's boundaries are; it is almost never about being lied to. Important thing is to understand that what you came here for isn't what someone else has come here for as well.

That said, I know of few people that have connected online through video games, and 3dx. From what I have seen these relationships don't last more than 3 months. Because they connect over a specific topic, and when that topic is exhausted in conversation, there is nothing left in a relationship. But relationships fail because people don't know how to create new memories, not because they don't have common interests.

*Snip*

Where are your images cavalier? I love them images!!

@topic:

I second what Snowbelle said, good points. Though RobT’s idea of a friendly (emphasis on friendly, not romantic) meeting between players that are good friends in the game and live close to each other sounds like something that could be quite fun, if a little awkward (for me at least lol).

ive did it before, not here but elsewhere. was fun. little strange also because how people are in game is generally much different then in RL

ive did it before, not here but elsewhere. was fun. little strange also because how people are in game is generally much different then in RL

Oh.. I've no doubts that it could be lots of fun. Just.. awkward, like you said, people are different irl.. take me for instance, in game I'm pretty talkative , hopelessly flirty. In real life I'm pretty much that creppy introverted girl giving peeps the feeling that they're being watched lol. I guess I would have to bring a notebook and log in to prove I'm not an impostor.

lol. everyone is like that.much easier behind a keyboard. half of the stuff people say here, they would never in real. partly because they are shy or partly because they would get punched in the throat

at first it was like you said but after a bit, the awkwardness leaves and its just like normal. At least in that case. And its always fun to say you actually know another in the chat game

I have met dozens, perhaps even more than a hundred, people whom I originally became acquainted with online. I built a business online, and during the first 5 years, "virtually" 100% of my customers first learned of my business through my online activities. A dozen or more of my Facebook friends are people I first met online. And when I say "met online," I am talking about 20 years of participating in mailing lists, forums, text-based chat rooms, 3D chat rooms, and MMO games.

Most of the people I am referring to were either professional colleagues or friends with a common hobby, but I also became lovers with more than a few of them. Some of those relationships only lasted a short while, some of them lasted quite a while. So, in that respect, I feel that "online" relationship aren't all that different from real life relationships.

Anyway, yes, there are a lot of people here whose whole online identity is based on fantasy, and who are not interested in meeting up in real life. But there are also quite a few like myself, who basically act the same way they would in real life, and I consider my friendships with such people to be just as real as any "real life" friendship.

lol. everyone is like that.much easier behind a keyboard. half of the stuff people say here, they would never in real. partly because they are shy or partly because they would get punched in the throat

Got my side hurting from laughing after the "punched in the throat" bit. Mostly because it's true xD

People have different expectations when it comes to fantasy games. Everyone is different, the important thing is being honest about what people want. Most of us are in a relationship IRL, yeah it is cheating if you are playing this game for "sex" without your partner knowing. It is the same as sexting with someone while you have a bf/gf/wife/husband. Don't try to argue it isn't. But some of us are okay with that, idc. if my g/f finds out about me playing on 3dx. Likewise, idc if she were to play and hide from me, but that is just me. Majority of the broken hearts come in when people don't tell other what they want, or expect more from someone even after they know what the other person's boundaries are; it is almost never about being lied to. Important thing is to understand that what you came here for isn't what someone else has come here for as well.

Couldn't agree more to what and how you said. Thanks!

There is just one thing I'd like to add: ppl change, we change - every day, sometimes more, sometimes less. So what was valid and right for you in the past might not fit your inner beliefs any more in the present.

Not saying this is something negative but such a development also has the potential to cause confusion, conflicts and pain - even for yourself on what you actually do expect, what you are actually looking for - probably even more for those you are dealing with.

(Avoiding the word "playing" cause I am convinced a fair amount of ppl here experience emotions from the "game" that don't stop when back to RL)

So from my perspective - which probably is aligned to your statement as well - it's even more important to donate enough time for good and deep conversation, but not just for getting to know each other initially but also to realigin from time to time. Especially considering the rather limited means of communication a virtual world naturally has.

Question to me is only if this - I guess its some kind of "accountibility" at the end of the day -for the opposite is what is is understood as entertainment or just annoying so to avoid.

Like "doesn't function as expected, I don't give a s**t, next one..."

Seeing the short half value period a "friendship" has in here I am a bit worried in that regards...

To bring it back to the topic - I guess such an approach can not be a basis for bringing this world and RL together sucessfully, expecting the same sweet illusions you are presented here then on top in RL - well how should that have a reasonable future...

Hope I didn't manage to confuse everybody now with that... :unsure: