3DXChat Community

Artist`s Festival Idea (World Editor)

World Editor Artist`s Festival  

22 members have voted

1. 1. Will it be a good idea to make a 3d artist`s festival?

• YES
    • NO

we can place miniature of a house, but experience says, the more object are within the screen, the more lags we get, i got lags from 200 tinny small objects within a screen view, imagine if it will be whole down scaled island, and yes i was talking about its a bad idea for architects, who builds whole place, but good idea if you gonna place just tinny parts of it.

Β 

There are cases, if you gonna showcase only part of your work, it may be not so impressive because some details are missing forcedly to avoid lags or because of lack of space.

its again a choice between performance, space, and beauty...

Β 

Also the scaling down issue may meet huge places, if your build was made not by attaching to a grid but all the parts was build manually, then when you gonna scale it down, even if you scale all 3 axises equally, it will show small geometry breaks and small "out of place" objects, it wont be a big issue, but very noticeable which is a big issue for perfectionists...

Β 

so yes, its only good for tinny props. only

we can place miniature of a house, but experience says, the more object are within the screen, the more lags we get, i got lags from 200 tinny small objects within a screen view, imagine if it will be whole down scaled island, and yes i was talking about its a bad idea for architects, who builds whole place, but good idea if you gonna place just tinny parts of it.

Β 

There are cases, if you gonna showcase only part of your work, it may be not so impressive because some details are missing forcedly to avoid lags or because of lack of space.

its again a choice between performance, space, and beauty...

Β 

Also the scaling down issue may meet huge places, if your build was made not by attaching to a grid but all the parts was build manually, then when you gonna scale it down, even if you scale all 3 axises equally, it will show small geometry breaks and small "out of place" objects, it wont be a big issue, but very noticeable which is a big issue for perfectionists...

Β 

so yes, its only good for tinny props. only

Only imagination can limit an artist.

Β 

ps:Β And if you don`t have rochi`s dll.Β  :lol:Β 

The Artist Festival is an awesome idea :)

But like a Expo? :huh:

Β 

A similar thing we had already in the past. I think it was something like an 3DXChat Ikea :lol:

I would more prefer the Idea of an whole Theme world build of different artists :o

Β 

I imagine a Location build for example of Alliehotass, Anaganda and LukeM where everyone build a part of...

This Festival could be a series... The one month 3 Artists, the next month 3 other artists etc etc :)

Β 

Personal I don't have currently the mod for Build but if I can help on another way let it know me!

i got the place ready, it's all grouped, so where do i post it? right here or personally? i kind of want to surprice people without showing it too early in forums xD

because the rule is to build specially for the event and not use the old existing builds.

please send me private message to make sure