3DXChat Community

Music connections still buggy

DireTeddyBear

Well it seems for sputnik was it different reasons :)

One reason could be the third part dll. And one reason was the stream introduction file (intro)...

This file need to be in the same format like the upstream of your server this means if your stream works with 128kbit/s upstream and stereo so need to be the introduction file in 128kbit/s stereo too.

? ... we clearly discounted the DLL when you came to my room? I told you blaming it was untrue? why do you raise this red herring?

As to the intro file  .... I recorded it correctly .... I agree the intro file may be incompatible with3dxchat .... but that is a feature of Centova Cast and nothing to do with Gechohost.

We will never get to the bottom of this while people throw red herrings into the situation :(

To be very clear   .... In front of chille we removed the third party DLL and rebooted and had clients re-enter the game ... THERE WAS NO DIFFERENCE WITH OR WITHOUT THE THIRD PARTY DLL  ......

I would like to find the problem  ... but adding RED HERRINGS HELPS NO ONE :(

? ... we clearly discounted the DLL when you came to my room? I told you blaming it was untrue? why do you raise this red herring?

As to the intro file  .... I recorded it correctly .... I agree the intro file may be incompatible with3dxchat .... but that is a feature of Centova Cast and nothing to do with Gechohost.

We will never get to the bottom of this while people throw red herrings into the situation :(

You need to agree there was different behaviours with and without the dll.

With the original dll the person did hear the music one time and with third part dll not.

At least does this means the third part dll is as problem cause not to be excluded.

The intro file may be the problem  ... but not for the reasons chille claims 

Then check out the format of your file :)

It has to be in exactly the same formate like your streaming server/ AutoDJ and in stereo.

If it is in mono it will be the reason.

It is also proved that some ripping tools be incompatible and cause problems...

But well I'm out here.

PPL use hacked dlls, changed game files, content of unclear origin and expect smooth functions without issues :rolleyes:

I'm not a geckohost/3dxchat support :lol:

You need to agree there was different behaviours with and without the dll.

With the original dll the person did hear the music one time and with third part dll not.

At least does this means the third part dll is as problem cause not to be excluded.

No I do not agree and informed you clearly of that when you said you would state such on the forum :(

Then check out the format of your file :)

It has to be in exactly the same formate like your streaming server/ AutoDJ and in stereo.

If it is in mono it will be the reason.

I format music for a living  ... I was very careful to use the correct Bit rate, sampling rate and number of channels ... If it is the intro file (still don't know if the problem is fixed yet) then it is the way 3dxchat is handling the file.

It is also proved that some ripping tools be incompatible and cause problems...

If it was how the the the file was ripped it would be a problem for all users ... The files are being played by all players  ... just a few people are not having the stream turned on automatically.

But well I'm out here.

PPL use hacked dlls, changed game files, content of unclear origin and expect smooth functions without issues :rolleyes:

I'm not a geckohost/3dxchat support :lol:

Yoy said to me that it might be gechohost because they are cheap  .... I put that to their help  .... it was pointed out that the cost of the service is irrelevant as all the providers use centova cast and don't actually do the streaming themselves.

I have had others come forward and say they are still having problems from clients not recieving their stream automatically when entering their rooms  .... And some have never used the .DLL and they are using other providers  .... so it is a 3dxchat problem .

Problem is most people don't inform the room provider they are not receiving a stream and just poof, fortunately I have freinds that have the problem, which made me ask others.

This is a 3DXChat problem  ... needs to be fixed.

I said this was sporadic  ... so can't say yet if my stream has been fixed  ... but have noted some still poofing and the amount of streams showing in my dashboard hasn't increased  ... so the Jury is still out  ....

NOPE not fixed :(

Just had a regular and no music until I turned the music off and reloaded ..... SO ITS NOT THE DLL (REMOVED) ... IT'S NOT THE INTRO FILE (REMOVED) ... NOT THE SERVICE PROVIDER (They don't stream its streamed from CENTOVA CAST)

Come on Devs  ... this is killing what could be a great move having the world editor :(

NOT THE SERVICE PROVIDER (They don't stream its streamed from CENTOVA CAST)

Just a side note, CentovaCast is only a web based management software for streaming sources who is installed at the server of the stream provider :)

Everyone can install CentovaCast at his own server but the host will be always the server of your provider.

OK, hold on a second....

If I am plugging in the streaming URL (http://99.99.99.999:9999) from geckohost.nz into my radio URL window, then 3DX is reading directly from the streaming server. My PC is not part of the circuit. The WinAmp/Shoutcast bit is just so I can hear it here on my PC. Right?? There's nothing in the 3DX part of the setup that I can see that connects it to anything running on my PC.

OK, tried something a little different - I am putting the actual playback URL from gecko in and having better luck, but still not 100%.

http://falcon.shoutca.st/tunein/myname.pls

But this still has nothing to do with the WinAmp/DSP setup.

I have a premium account so don't even stream from my PC   .... all my music is streamed directly from the server and I still have people failing to get the stream automatically :(

PLEASE DO SOMETHING DEVS : 

This is not my settings  .... it is sporadic  ... I have regulars that get music sometimes they come in and not othertimes  ... this has happened twice today  ... and some who had no music when arriving yesterday are getting music when arriving?

I am streaming directly from MP3's stored on the server .... I have removed the DLL ... removed the Intro file and checked with Gechohost that all my settings are correct .... SO COME ON PLEASE !!!

I agree that it is an issue with 3dxchat because none of this was an issue until the world editor update.

You've this problems too?

Is there someone who have similar problems with streams of alternate stream providers than Geckohost?

Well as I said before the switcher doesn't works correct like it was before. I did notice when music gets disabled works the switching on often only after an rejoin :unsure:

You've this problems too?

Is there someone who have similar problems with streams of alternate stream providers than Geckohost?

Well as I said before the switcher doesn't works correct like it was before. I did notice when music gets disabled works the switching on often only after an rejoin :unsure:

I only had issues before when others did. They patched and it's been fine. I also had issues when I tried the 64-bit client but as soon as I reverted back, the problem went away. Then I had problem again when I used the DLL but then i learned it was because the DLL version was a previous version. The DLL is nice with the world editor because of some added shortcuts and ability to slow camera down.

But i do notice it seems like more others have issues with streams. I don't know if its because of reasons above or not. It just seems like the problems are at an all time high. But this could also just be because there are many more people in 3dx than 2 years ago. So who really knows?

There is a really simple solution  ... I went to a room and no music  .... and it was a well known DJ streaming  ... so it is happening to others   ... I just refreshed the music  which fixes it (A lot of users don't know this, they just poof) .....

Which got me thinking, why not have a music refresh link on the desktop, so even new users know if they hear no music they just click a button on the game main screen   

Would be very simple and very useful :)

DEVS I think I know the problem ......

The command to turn on the stream is being sent to early  .... 

The command is being sent as the problem is sporadic and turning on the stream after a person has entered the room also works.

So in my opinion the command is being sent before the room is fully loaded sometimes.

I may be wrong  ... but logic says I am right .....

PS And this would explain why its not everyone has the problem  ... Faster PCs like mine load faster (I always hear music when entering a room)  ... slower PCs are probably getting the problem (My girlfriends PCs are slower).

So the problem is not with the room provider, but users with slower PCs entering the room.

That seems logical. And after the updates rooms are loading a bit slow. But sometimes I hear the room music while I am at the loading screen still so this could be causing an issue. Now the hard part is getting someone to listen and do something about it. 

If I am right they should maybe do like they do with the graphics ... and have settings for less powerful PCs  .... So a short delay for the command to turn on the stream for powerful PCs  and longer delays for older machines or rooms with a lot of stuff that needs loading :)