3DXChat Community

Criteria for threads being closed?

FairyDust

I'm kinda lost why one thread gets closed and others don't? I read a thread the other day called - kitten adoption -. I didn't see much wrong with it but it's been closed and the author is wondering why and so am I. I just read another thread called  - slave market and auction house - which I found far less PC but it remains open. I am NOT having at dig at either thread I am just curious.

Well from the way I understood the OP's post on Kitten adoption:

topic can be closed (i dont get how) :S

I believe the OP edited his first post and wanted his topic to be closed because he didn't know how to do it himself (besides he can't do it himself anyway). If the topic had been closed, you wouldn't have been able to post on it.

Seems to be a language barrier missunderstanding only.  (My guess is, he found the kitten he was looking for :lol:)

What causes a thread to be closed ? the content, and/or the potential dramas that can spark from it, if it doesn't manage to be tamed and escalates out of hand :P

Hello Fairy,

The topic in question "Kitten Adoption" I didn't know it was closed, it shouldn't of been, although I have been away so I am unsure! :)

But most topics if they are closed but are not offensive, the OP of the topic usually requests it in the thread or a pm. :)