3DXChat Community

constant crashes - possible nvidia driver/game issue

ShellyLT

i have been running fine for years, then all of a sudden, i cant get the game to stay open for more than 2-3 minutes. 

system: 7950x, rtx 4090, 64gb ram, win 11 pro

in the system event viewer, it shows: Credential Guard is configured to run, but is not licensed. Credential Guard was not started.

and the fatal error

Faulting application name: dwm.exe, version: 10.0.22621.2506, time stamp: 0xdef1fe51
Faulting module name: dwmcore.dll, version: 10.0.22621.2506, time stamp: 0x2cc115d3
Exception code: 0x8898008d
Fault offset: 0x000000000011b5bd
Faulting process id: 0x0x7BB4
Faulting application start time: 0x0x1DA0DCC5216AFC1
Faulting application path: C:\Windows\system32\dwm.exe
Faulting module path: C:\Windows\system32\dwmcore.dll
Report Id: 0e4f0fe4-f143-4b37-9718-d60f650766f2
Faulting package full name: 

thats a gpu hardware error.... but the cards themselves are fine, and work flawlessly in everything else (games, windows, etc)

but i do not have credential guard installed or running (have verified with ms in the registry). this ONLY gets triggered if i open 3dx. 

i am going out on a limb and thinking it may have something to do with nvidia drivers. i have 2 nvidia machines to test on (one mentioned above, and a different i7 system with a 4080) and it does the exact same on both. however, i have a different system with the exact same config as the above, but a 7900 xtx - and its running fine there. 

please help!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Try to roll back your driver if you can and see if that fixes it, if it does, then you know it is NVidia at fault. But I don't think it is.

That is a Windows error, DWM is Desktop Window Manager, pretty sure it is not a gpu error.

DWM is crashing on you for some reason. Also boot into safemode and run sfc(System File Check) and see if you get any errors from that, if there are, Windows will fix it for you.

Hope this helps.