3DXChat Community

We can have a full ignore

Twiggy

The loss of the full ignore system has often come up in these forums and has been in debate since even before Pandora. It not only made it so Pandora could scan the game and gather information about everyone but the system itself could be used without any hacks to find out who owned alts. People complained about witch hunts and they did happen, even before Pandora. 

There have been a lot of suggestions made, things like being able to identify alts but there are reasons that they will not be accepted. But no one would disagree that alts are often used to harass and cause problems.

I suggested this in another thread but thought it was worth creating a new thread specifically to see what people think, it is a solution I don't think has ever been suggested before and could very well work.

My suggestion, keep the single ignore the way it is now but also have a full ignore that is limited to how many times we can use it, say once every 3 days. Pandora could not do it scans then as it could only do one person every 3 days and witch hunts would take for ever to do. As they are the 2 main problems then I think it can be a solution.

🇫🇷 Je suis d'accord pour ignorer quelqu'un, de façon complète. Cela me semble logique, que lorsqu'on met quelqu'un en ignore, que l'ensemble de son compte y compris ses alts le soient. Point barre. C'est le plus simple et définitf. A mon sens.

Maintenant, toutes les personnes ayants des Alts, ne sont pas mal intentionnées. Personnellement, je n'en ai pas encore, mais par exemple, dans notre room, nous faisons essentiellement du rp. Et certains d'entre nous, pour des besoins de storylines, ou mettre un peu d'action et rigoler, ont des alts. Mais nous, on sait qui est qui. On ne se le cache pas. Cela ne nous pose pas de problème de dire qui se cache derrière et cela ne reste, uniquement, dans notre room.

Le problème est, qu'il ne faut pas faire d'amalgammes. Avoir des Alts c'est autorisé et prévu dans 3DXChat, par contre tout le monde ne s'en sert pas pour faire le mal.
Les Alts ne sont pas forcément = au mal.

🇺🇸 I'm okay with ignoring someone, completely. It seems logical to me, that when you ignore someone, that their whole account including their alts should be ignored. That's all. That's the simplest and most definite way. In my opinion.

Now, not all people with alts are ill-intentioned. Personally, I don't have any yet, but for example, in our room, we do mostly rp. And some of us, for storyline needs, or to put some action and fun, have alts. But we know who is who. We don't hide it. We don't have a problem saying who is behind it and it only stays in our room.

The problem is, that we should not make amalgamations. Having alts is allowed and planned in 3DXChat, but not everyone uses them to do evil.
Alts are not necessarily = evil.

Edited by Khallum Troy