3DXChat Community

Problem with the light in a room

xCECILIAx

Hi,

I have create a room in my house with no windows, just black walls and roof. But it look likes that the sun get in to the room anyway and that create a really ugly light. (Black turn grey etc)

Does anyone knows if the thickness of the Wall and the roof have something to with it? Or is anything else ? Never have this issue before

// CC

Yes, it's always like that. Sun light goes throw the walls, and other light sources too. The only thing you can do is using darker colors for your objects. But in night mode you shouldn't see anything... It's very difficult to make a room that show nicely in night AND in day light mode. Good luck !

Yeah, as Yaelle said, you can make it a bit better by using much darker colours for all your objects in the room to give it a more shaded look deeper inside the house, also make sure all 6 sides of that room you want shaded are a darker colour/texture, even if only one of those sides are using a lighter texture, it will throw off the rest.

Hi,

I have create a room in my house with no windows, just black walls and roof. But it look likes that the sun get in to the room anyway and that create a really ugly light. (Black turn grey etc)

Does anyone knows if the thickness of the Wall and the roof have something to with it? Or is anything else ? Never have this issue before

// CC

If you want totally dark.. 

So use "Solid Colors" you find under Materials.

Take the first one, that there looks like bricks and make it as black as you can. 

Then put night on. So you are in totaly dark.

For see it correct go to your room and see it. because the blue guide lines there are in Editor also make some light.

If you have daylight on, your Avatar looks weird, but i think thats a bug there will be fixed in one of the updates there come.. Not sure..