3DXChat Community

3dx on Android/Ios

Cristyna

I think that the best development suggestion for 3dx is to go on mobile.Mobility rules the world in my opinion. im very very far away from programming and staff like that so please dont judge me hard. Personally,  i will be very happy to be able to play on my mobile. I just want to know the opinion of others , who know more about this , is it even possible or not ?

So, I'm Android Developer and I like to work with Unity... There is a lot of things why 3dx Mobile is impossible.

1. Dynamic Lightning called also "GPU-killer". Almost every world have at least few of light sources. For mobile devices it's overkill. There is option to disable them, but I see that it's don't work correctly. But ok. With some work It's possible to fix this.

2. Half-transparent textures: another overkill for mobiles. Few of them - no problem. But lot of worlds have shitload of them. Add also stockings, new, lace underwear, make-ups, tatoos... 

3. Android "officialy" support up to 8 players. There is a lot of tricks to raise this number, but "can it handle 120 players at this same time?" - Doubt. If you see mobile game with 100 players at once: be sure - It's auto-game or most of "players" are bots. 

4. Custom Worlds mostly are unoptimised. Sad but true. 3d Mobile games require really good optimisation of big landscapes.

5. UI. Mobile games require completely different UI. But ok, It's hard but also possible to implement this on mobile.

6. Vertex number. Honestly: I don't know how many verts 3DX avatar had, but I'm sure that LOT of them. To handle lot of them at once, you need reduce them. Possible but this is HUGE impact on graphic quality.

In conclusion: It's possible to make mobile game simlar to 3dxchat but - for now - It's almost impossible to port 3dx to mobiles.