3DXChat Community

Inspiring TV Ads / Videos

Guest SayaX

Thank you for sharing these wonderful vids, Sayako :)

Charlie Chaplin in "The Great Dictator"

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dX25PDBb708

holy crap!!!!! i had never seen that before. talk about accurately predicting the future. politicians, racists and biggots need to be locked in rooms and have that played over and over until they understand the message

• 4 weeks later...

I've read George Orwell's 1984 like ten times. It's creepiness and foreboding of a wired, surveilled future was more prophetic than a lot of people realize. Apple took a stand then against that sort of forced conformity and the idea of "Big Brother" watching over all of us. And they're one company that, even now when the technology truly exists for us to be monitored and recorded and watched over every single minute of our lives by corporations or governments or other nefarious entities, still values individual rights to privacy, perhaps more so than any other big company around today.

"Finally, I want to be absolutely clear that we have never worked with any government agency from any country to create a backdoor in any of our products or services. We have also never allowed access to our servers. And we never will. Our commitment to protecting your privacy comes from a deep respect for our customers. We know that your trust doesn’t come easy. That’s why we have and always will work as hard as we can to earn and keep it." Link to full statement

I never got to see that ad til about 10 years ago or so (I was in diapers when it aired), but this next one I saw when I was a teenager, and I'd be lying if I didn't say that it moved something in me, made me believe, if even for a second, that it was okay to be different, unique, abnormal. And that not only was it something I shouldn't be ashamed of, but rather it was something I should be proud of. I won't say that it changed my life necessarily, but it stuck with me and to this day makes me feel a bit better about myself, helps me accept who I am with a greater sense of pride and far less shame and derision than I'm sure I'd otherwise have. So here's to the crazy ones...

• 5 weeks later...