3DXChat Community

Creating vessels

Aeliana

As an avid fan of all things antiquity, I am making a few ancient vessels.

Here are three Roman river vessels, and in this case, Roman patrol boats. River patrol boats. The masts had to be under 7.5 meters in height (by Senatorial decree) since the creation of the Pons Sublicium, the first bridge of ancient Rome, so my masts are not tall. Later on, galleons, especially triremes and quadriremes, will be bigger in scope, size and capacity.

I also noticed something weird. The actual boat object I use is the "half egg" shape (right before the towel and the fork and spoon shapes), all the way down in the list of shapes does not allow for walking on it. 

Yep. You sink. So I have to add a few very thin "planks" on the floor (a modified box) and drag them an inch below deck, so they are not seen. Now, not seeing them meant I can't move them around easily if needed, so I group those planks with the rudder at the end of the boat because the rudder is always visible. Just so you know, if you download any of the vessels, there are "hidden" planks beneath the boat surface. If not, my char just kept going swimming instead of walking. If anyone has a better walkaround, let me know.

Here are a few screenshots.

Screenshot_4.jpg

Screenshot_7.jpg

Screenshot_6.jpg