3DXChat Community

getting rid of the tutorial

helot

Hi everyone ... brand new user here. Everytime I log in it wants to take me through the home tutorial. I don't use a mouse so I cant get past the using the scroll wheel. How do I turn off the tutorial?

okay im still having trouble ... I cant complete the tutorial because I use a laptop and it wont let me past the scroll wheel thing on the mouse (I use the touchpad instead of a separate mouse) is there anyway to zoom in and out from my keyboard? Rather than a mouse?

thank you for your help :) So far I am really loving this game!!

Ummmm helot, click F5 and control the camera with arrows, or, im quite sure every touchpad has a scroll, either on the very right side of it, or some kind of two finger combination.. You might have to enable it from settings though.

But this kind of zooming might not get you through the tutorial, you should just do what i told earlier and go check the tutorial done from the registries :o

thank you Rochi :) I will try the f5 first and actually if it that doesn't work I will buy a mouse and use it. I don't want to entirely get rid of the tutorial I just need to be able to finish it I think. Your earlier post was great but I am very not tech savvy and I use windows 8 so I was unable to complete the instructions. If I need to buy a mouse I can do that. Thank you for your help it is very appreciated. :)

thank you Rochi :) I will try the f5 first and actually if it that doesn't work I will buy a mouse and use it. I don't want to entirely get rid of the tutorial I just need to be able to finish it I think. Your earlier post was great but I am very not tech savvy and I use windows 8 so I was unable to complete the instructions. If I need to buy a mouse I can do that. Thank you for your help it is very appreciated. :)

It can be a little tricky with the touch pad but place two fingers on the pad in the center slide them back and forth to zoom as suggested. It worked for me. Hope that helps.

Thank you both for your help :) I actually just went out and bought a cheap mouse hooked it up and went through the tutorial. lol I really should have just done that in the beginning this game is actually much much easier to navigate using a mouse. Now all is right in the world. :)