3DXChat Community

How do I zoom in while recording a video?

JakeArtist

Thanks for that GeorgeGr, I didn't even know ShadowPlay was available. It works great. The only thing is... to save me having to think about it... the cursor doesn't show when I use Bandicam but it does with ShadowPlay so (and, don't smack me, it must be easy) how do I stop it displaying?

Hello Cordelia, I am hiding the mouse cursor using shift+C while in game.

Thanks, but F5 does not zoom in or out on my computer, what do you think might be the problem?

I have a PC with Intel.

PS - I am using the new Beta

I believe the problem is that you are not paying attention to the instructions that people here have been giving you (multiple times) on how to use F5.

:rolleyes:OK, great, I am learning a lot here thanks to all of you.

Also when I ask questions and get answers I hope it will help others with the same questions, so this is the break down so far....

1. Shift - and Shift +, to pan in and out is the smoothest for my computer, is there  a shift plus other keys to pan left and right?

2. Thanks George for taking the time to put that video together for me, unfortunately it did not help me because pressing the F5 key, then the ws,ad or qe keys are as jerky on my computer as using the number 1 setting on my mouse. Your computer and software must be better than mine, as I saw how smooth your panning was in your video using the F5 key combinations.

3. Using a tracking ball mouse is something I will try next to get a smoother movement in all directions.

4. George, this is a good example of how advanced people in any walk of life forget how little beginning people know. When wsad was first mentioned, and then again, I had no idea what that meant, so I could not associate those letters with the F5 key, I thought it was a word of some kind or abbreviation.

5. Sparklebottom; Brain is one of the first contributors to this topic on page 1, but his name is Brainless, not just Brain ;)

So thanks again to all of you and I will be asking many more questions after I put up my first video, unless I am banned from this forum soon.

B) Jake

Jake I only started using wasd lately, I use the cursor keys as they are much easier (for me) to understand.

Sh- and Sh+ are not really pan, they are zoom, you can pan all around using a right mouse button.

Alternatively you can use the F5 switch to go in and out of free cam mode and, while in it, then use the right mouse button to pan all over the place and the cursor keys to zoom in and out and pan left and rigt.

:rolleyes:OK, great, I am learning a lot here thanks to all of you.

Also when I ask questions and get answers I hope it will help others with the same questions, so this is the break down so far....

1. Shift - and Shift +, to pan in and out is the smoothest for my computer, is there  a shift plus other keys to pan left and right?

2. Thanks George for taking the time to put that video together for me, unfortunately it did not help me because pressing the F5 key, then the ws,ad or qe keys are as jerky on my computer as using the number 1 setting on my mouse. Your computer and software must be better than mine, as I saw how smooth your panning was in your video using the F5 key combinations.

3. Using a tracking ball mouse is something I will try next to get a smoother movement in all directions.

4. George, this is a good example of how advanced people in any walk of life forget how little beginning people know. When wsad was first mentioned, and then again, I had no idea what that meant, so I could not associate those letters with the F5 key, I thought it was a word of some kind or abbreviation.

5. Sparklebottom; Brain is one of the first contributors to this topic on page 1, but his name is Brainless, not just Brain ;)

So thanks again to all of you and I will be asking many more questions after I put up my first video, unless I am banned from this forum soon.

B) Jake

Sorry for not realizing that you didn't understand what wasd means. It is kinda standard among FPS gamers. But then again, you are an artist, so you should have had more imagination :) (just kidding)