3DXChat Community

3dxchat beta

shorty

Well having a little IT experience Im having a problem at beach where things are really slow. Did have that problem with older version so thinking that this 1 gig video care has enough memory but not enough processing power to handle it.

Anybody else having that problem?

If so somebody suggest what video card would take care of the problem  please.

Changed a few settings but didn't see big improvement but saw some improvement changing

screen size. smiles

shorty

3DXChat 2.0 beta Bug Tracker - 2

Bug Tracker topic for 3DXChat 2.0 beta. Please post here about any bugs you find.

I have created a new topic for the convenience of development ;)

Known issues:

- Lighting is not the final result

- Locations still need to be finalised

- There may be a problem with performance on locations with water

- Oculus disabled

- TV disabled

- Aperture camera FX disabled

- Chat input field bug

Links:

You are not alone... I think a lot people and myself too have performance issues on water locations :)

Edited by Achilles
some words added^^

Do you have simple water checked?  That would probably help in rooms with water.

The two settings I've noticed the most performance increase after turning off are Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) and Detailed Reflections (SSRR).  Besides those two, disabling "Enable Multiple Lights" can also help in user rooms where they used a ton of light cubes.

Or you could try to turn off every setting and then turn them back on 1 by 1 until you find the culprits.

OK I did some research and got it to work but your not going to like this. I have computer that's has the I7 chip (has 7 CPU's in it) and very large video card in it I use to create mesh stuff in. Sooooo I loaded the ver 2 software on it and god it flies and runs good.

I used it last night and now it seems to work really quick and fast. Taking a guess I think this ver 2 needs good video card with lots of memory in it.

That's my opinion for what its worth. Im going to purchase another video card for the one that don't work so hot and see if it takes care of the problems. Ill let everybody know how it comes out.

Shorty

OK I did some research and got it to work but your not going to like this. I have computer that's has the I7 chip (has 7 CPU's in it)

:huh: Is one of your cores broken? The i7 is only Device model description, it doesn't means there are 7 cores inside :)

The i7 is available with 2Cores, 4Cores, 6Cores, 8Cores and maybe soon with 10Cores. The intel i7 and some of the i5 supports Hyper-Threading technology it means one core can do multiple processes at ones and this will show your cores in the Device Manager x2. For example is the i7 DualCore shown as QuadCore (2Cores + 2Threads = 4Devices).

Hyber-Threading Intel

Hyper-Threading German

Intel Core i Serie German

Intel Core

In my opinion is it now too early to upgrade your hardware for a Beta and non optimized game and I'm sure 3DXChat 2 as release version will not need more resources as the current and stable version.

Sure could a Hardware Upgrade to a High-End Gamer PC fix some performance issues. The question will be, is it needed if some Developers Optimization work do the same job?

well I went and bought a $119 dollar pci-e video card with 4 gigs one it. I installed it and problems went away and running smooth as a baby butt. Bought a GT 740 pci-e with 4 gigs and problem is solved.

Had a PCI video card with 1 gig memory.

That's the only change I made  smiles

See you around

Shorty

My water issues come from whenever there is water and I move, the water becomes a bright flash of white border around the water, then becomes like a rainbow. It's fine if I just stand there for a few seconds. But if I move the bloom comes back along with the rainbow effect. 

I will turn off the Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) and Detailed Reflections (SSRR) as you suggested Kaitlee. I'm running an RX480 8GB right now. Shortly before I upgraded I had an older GeForce 660 that had zero issues with the water. 

My water issues come from whenever there is water and I move, the water becomes a bright flash of white border around the water, then becomes like a rainbow. It's fine if I just stand there for a few seconds. But if I move the bloom comes back along with the rainbow effect. 

I will turn off the Ambient Occlusion (SSAO) and Detailed Reflections (SSRR) as you suggested Kaitlee. I'm running an RX480 8GB right now. Shortly before I upgraded I had an older GeForce 660 that had zero issues with the water. 

Like this?

The OP of that thread and myself have both had a similar issue.  Simple water fixes it for us, might be something with certain AMD cards.

OMG that is exaclty the issue I am having now! Turning off those two items did help when I was on last night. I will double check but I am certain that I have the latest drivers. Tonight I'll click on the simple water as well.

Hope they can fix those issues!