3DXChat Community

Loki

The first Dead Space game... If you've never played it you should. That first game was the only really scary one... 2 & 3 went too actiony and relied on jump scares instead which get old... The first one had the right atmosphere and pacing to be properly terrifying.

Not sure if I can really agree with you there. The first game was indeed good & scary, But if you'd play it know, You would notice that it is mostly Jumpscares, even in the first one.

Not sure if I can really agree with you there. The first game was indeed good & scary, But if you'd play it know, You would notice that it is mostly Jumpscares, even in the first one.

I agree. Dead Space for me had perhaps one moment it was really scary and it was dealing with that boss that continuously regenerating. I think it was on the first? Anyway, continuously dismembering it and trying to figure out how to solve the puzzle to defeat it on the short relief time it took to regenerate.. was quite an adrenaline rush for me.

I remember having to take a few moments away from the PC to calm down after freezing that boss. And I genuinely gasped when I saw it brought back later in the game for a rematch (at that time you had to incinerate it).