3DXChat Community

Glowing Clothes

Clevername

Hey,

I've returned after several years to 3dx to find many changes having been made. Biggest I've seen is the new character clothing editor features, and the integration of a mod *most* veterans used to use. I believe it was Rochis mod, which allowed for MANY things, but namely in the character editor, allowed for stacking clothing pieces and creating bright, glowing clothes.

That been said, the old way of making clothes glow if people recall is by jacking up the brightness past the max of 255 which the mod allowed to do.

Now I know there are certain fabrics that have glowing parts to them, but I've noticed several avatars which glowing clothes or sections of clothes that are glowing like they used to, and I can't figure out how they're doing it.

Long winded question but.. I feel like I'm missing something, how do I get that glowing effect? I know about the separate layers but maybe I'm just not picking the right one. I know about making the layer's patterns bigger or smaller or changing their locations but I can't seem to get just a solid, uniform, glowing fabric to work like it used to with the mod.

I'm sure most can understand how great that would look especially when making custom clothing with these great new options we have. So if anyone has any suggestions or tips, I'd love to hear them.

• 1 month later...