3DXChat Community

Desterra Prologue. Fantasy creative writing, non sexual, so far...

SkyDiver

What you see in front of you is Desterra. This is the world that came after the human error in the late 21st century, or some like to call it Apocalypse,  which of course never came, instead it gave birth to a new world. It is harsh, unforgiving, with just shadows of remnants what the world used to be environment. Waste deserts and mountains spread from the edge of the poisoned sea to beginning of a dead zone, or no man’s land, as you get hint from the names – this is the place where no man can survive. Whose are not your ordinary desserts, those a huge body of ice and heat and snow and fire winds lands, weather can change there from +60 to -70 in the matter of seconds, some old folk say it’s because of something to do with the ozone layer, they say it there are holes in it and that’s where the galactic frost and sun heat meet. Those are of course legends, told by old folk to scare some children, no one goes there, so no one can know for sure.Poisoned sea is a no better place; it spawns some really bizarre creatures, not intelligent, without purpose or some like to think that. The other legend tells that there is a whole other world underneath the toxic waters. The legend goes: when the sky rained death some took shelter underneath the sea in metal shells, when the death rain ended they wore left without the hope to surface through the deadly irradiated waters, some say they are forever doomed for leaving their kind on the surface...yes, there are religious nuts even here, but they serve as a mild amusement for the common folk, no more no less.

Enough with depressing stuff.

The human race didn’t disappear. There are many places which are populated on Desterra, some more some less, but never the lees - populated. Even more places that yet to be discovered.  This is the age of discovery, a kind of post-Apocalyptic renaissance if you will. Where new discoveries are made, ancient technologies are rediscovered and implemented some even combined with the present ones.Oh, the humanity? Well it does what it does best - survive, and trade!

No one asked for this world but it came anyway, life here is tough enough in safe areas with all this heat and sand storms, but even tougher if you want to scavenge some fancy technology from the desert. It’s a hard work, there are many hazards out of safe areas. In some areas there are huge scorpions, in some fast desert foxes which hunt in packs, in others  eaglesnakes, far to the south there are vicious spiderdogs, due north -  giant walkers, which don’t seem to feed on flesh, but still you don’t want to stay in their way, they are very territorial, at the east there are armored bears, very-very brutal creatures.  Among others there are, yes, dragons. Dragons are one  real threat at the west on Desterra, they look like giant mutated lizard crocks which breathe real fire. Some kind of freak mutation which brought those mythical creatures in to real life. You might think that’s it’s cool, but really it isn’t, if they see you the will kill you, there are only few people who met them and wore lucky to survive. Maybe those people did survived by applying different tactics, but all of those people have something in common after meeting a dragon – scars. Deep, long, deep, horrifying scars.Still even those hazards don’t stop tech hunters.

Our story starts in a desert city Kraimer. One of the worse shit holes this forsaken land, full of crooks, thieves, and drunks.   

(a girl dressed in leather armour standing next to a repair shop)

-Hey asshole, when my bike will be ready? It’s been already 3 days!

-I’m sorry miss, there has been complications, with transmission...

-WHAT?!?! ARE FUCKNG KIDDING ME?!

-Yes, miss, I’m afraid this will require some additional credits.

(Girl in outer fury grabs mechanic by the neck)

-Miss, please...it’s...it’s hard to breath...

-I BROUGHT MY BIKE TO GET THE OIL CHANGE AND YOU ARE TELLING ME THAT I WILL NEED A NEW TRANSMISSION?!?

-...extra...aaaghhh...credit...

(Girl throws him on the ground jumps on top of him, pulls out a knife out of her boot, points it at his eye)

-Look dickhead, I got no time to play your FUCK’N games, get my bike or you will need a bionic eye.

(Mechanic looks at his younger  partner, then at the knife, girl moves a knife closer to mechanics eye)

-Get..GET  THE BIKE! NOW!

(His partners nods and runs in to the garage)

-I wasn’t born yesterday, old man, I heard about your reputation, but apparently you are the only one in this shit hole that can get the oil changed.

(Mechanics partner drags out the bike, girls mood suddenly changes, she smiles, gets up from mechanics)

-MY BABY!!!

(she jumps on the bike, flips switches  -” yes , a-ha, good”, she starts the bike –“hehehee, damn I missed this sound!” , she dives over to the mechanic, stops the bike in between his legs just an inch away from his balls  -

-Don’t ever try to trick me again old man.

Mechanic looks at her in horror, unable to speak.  

–Nod if you understand .

Mechanic nods rapidly.

-That's a good boy, well see ya, and thanx for a free oil change!

(The Girl on the bike drives off)

She’s a tech hunter, don’t get misguided by her good looks, she’s ruthless,  i'm sure we'll be hearing more from her.

good story skydiver and thx for inspiring me as i read it as u posted it for this here also^^http://3dxforum.com/index.php?/topic/1165-true-friends/?p=45452

do me a fav and continue the story in here, thx! and about the fukn 34 fukn good, fukn advices, i guess, i fukn wrote it to ya^^

nice weekend all

ps: thx for the depech song i had forgottn already http://3dxchat.com/forum/index.php?/topic/1165-true-friends/&do=findComment&comment=45452