3DXChat Community

How many of you guys thought...

Exclusive

You played in "The Sims"? To "The Sims" you play women and men roles (romantic/sex), and you do not have any ethic/morale/philosophy questions :)

If someone wants to play women's rol- let him play.
She is good in bed? That'S Perfect. It is good as a friend? That'S Perfect.
I do not see any problems :)
What else you need in the game? :)))

I think there is a lot more to this than people have mentioned in the above comments.

I have no objections to male operated female avatars when they have in their profile they are male operated.

And there is more to that than guys finding out later they have had sex with a male when they were lead to believe it was a female.

You have to wonder why they need to lie about it in the 1st place, i believe it is because they know they would get much less sex than if they were to let people know.

Another point is that these males friend females and do not let them know and things are said that would not normally be said to a male, i have experienced that myself.

This is another instance of where 3DXChat is looked at differently by members, some think it just a game where normal ethics and common courtesy need not apply.

Others see 3DXCat more as place where real friendships and relation are made and feel that many of the same rules should apply as in real life.

I have friends that are male operated female avatars that let all know they are males and that is fine.

I also know others that do not let people know and that makes things awkward when they start making friends with my friends.

It becomes a devil it you do and devil if you don't situation, where you either tell the person they are getting involved with they are male and be seen to create problems for the person lying about there sex.

Or you stay quiet and do the wrong thing by your friend they are getting involved with.

My opinion is they should show in their profiles they are male operated otherwise they are gaining things from the game they would not be able to if they were honest, and are also creating problems for for people around them.

The question here is really, should they be able to create problems for other members in the game, so they can play the game the way they want to.

I don't know, I'm pretty wishy-washy about it. But for me it really comes down to the fact I'm not intending to meet anyone for real; so it really makes no difference to me. I've run into a few of these situations, but the person I've known all that time is still the same person whether male or female. I just carry on and accept it. It's a virtual world after all. In my opinion a man operating a female avatar is no different than the people who create an elaborate profile and back story to fulfill a fantasy. And in some cases revealing the truth suggests to me they're feeling guilty about the lie and genuinely care that I know, which in turn secures a deeper friendship from me; that they were willing to put my friendship at risk to finally tell the truth. I don't know, that's just me opinion. I know many won't agree.

Though it has some real life symetry too. I've had freinds in real life I've known since childhood who were homosexual/bisexual who felt a need to hide it. They were afraid of telling because they thought I'd feel differently. But in the end, those friends are still the same people, I just know more about them. And if I'm not willing to accept that then I was never really a true friend in the first place. At the end of the day my friends are my friends; male, female, transgender and whatever sexual preference. But again, just my opinion.

I have to agree with Twiggy on this one, this causes way to much trouble if you lie about what sex you are in real life.  If you have nothing to hide, why do you lie about it?  Be straight up with people and you will be able to have a lot more fun.  There are plenty of people that walk around looking for ones that are males, but play females in the game.  I have seen quite a few of them myself.  Why hide something int his game, that can just cause grief, and not anything good from it??

For me it is simple. I don't see us all as avatars or pixels, I see us as minds. Do I want to have sex with a man's mind? Nope. So I expect people to mention it in their profile if they play a different gender. My fun ava "BettyPage" doesn't say anything in her/his profile, but I don't use her for any kind of false relationship either.  

I'm a roleplayer... and have been for a long while so most of the time I'm just thinking of the character that I've created and the person on the other end has created.  It has nothing to do with who's controlling it... I've played female characters and male characters pretty much equally and I have never had a legitimate complaint. 

I totally agree with TheGreatNyeh: This is a sex driven role playing game. And as a role Player you're just playing a role. I wouldn't mind to have sex with a male driven avi - if i don't know it's male controlled. So for me it would be even better, if those guys Keep their secret ;)

As a male with a female avi I guess I should chime in. My female avi is used as much for perspective as rp. I like to think that walking a half mile in the ladies shoes has made me a slightly better person. I also don't want to corrupt the rp by telling everyone and as for the people that get upset about finding out their female friends are actually male: If you found out it means they care enough about you that they feel you should be told. I rarely tell anyone about my female avi being male, only my closest friends on 3dx are aware and honestly if it bothers you that much... why are you on the internet?  As long as you don't try to start a true romantic relationship with someone you have no real need or obligation to reveal that information.  I almost lost someone special due to that revelation but I told her because she needed to know, most others don't.

How many of you guys thought you were kicking it with a woman then come to the forum and find out she was a man? how did you feel and what did you do?

If people are outing themselves at the forum they should do it in the game profile as well.

The way I see it, is let people be who they want to be. If a male wants to play a female Avi, thats fine, and it doesnt matter to me, whatever floats your boat. 

The condition on that though, is, you need to be responsible about it. If you feel someone might be getting attached, you need to tell them. Its a real person, with real emotions, and if it continues.. that other person could be emotionally hurt by it. I have played female Avi's in other games, I started out here with one for 1 day. Made Cathalis on day 2, and have been him every single day since then.  But in the other games I played, if someone seemed to be getting too close, I always let them know. Either way they are appreciative of your honesty, even if it hurts a little to start with.

This particular subject has been broached before, and everyone is of a differing opinion but this is also a double edged sword.

There are two questions that should be asked here: the first being:

As a man how did you feel when you find out the woman you were with was a man?

And then, do not forget we do have women playing this game, so ladies:

How did you feel when you found out the woman you were with was a man, or the man you were with was a woman?

(Ironically this happens too)

At the end of the day this game is what you make of it. It is a social platform, a fantasy platform and a role playing platform. If you are a male playing a female in a role play sense I see it personally as not being a problem, however I do see it as a problem when you mislead people and play a woman in a non-roleplay fashion pretending you are a woman. There are a few women that have come out as men and I respect them for that, it shows strength of character and guilt at misleading others, and is a show of repentance.

If you are a pre or post op transgender that is a totally different thing, as you need to be happy in your skin and if you were born a man but inside you are a woman, or vise versa, you are open and honest about who you are, and I respect that, I am aiming mainly at the heterosexual men that play women with no intention of letting anybody know, and use it as a mechanism to fool both the legitimate females and the men in game, having sex with them, forming relationships with them and so forth. Some only tell you in conversation that they are a man, which is also perfectly fine with me, but the blatant hiding and is what bugs me.

I agree with the comments above about the ones that do come out and tell, because again it shows guilt and a want for repentance, so to clarify, I am only calling out the ones that are playing females with no intention of ever coming out about it to their friends and possibly formed relations that have happened in game, i.e. a relationship.

I ask simply outside of role playing, to what end is it worth misleading people and what is so wrong with being yourself or at least revealing what your true self actually is.

Personally I feel if you are a man playing a woman, be honest about it. That is just my personal opinion. I have seen a friend hurt because she thought she was with a woman and it turned out to be a man, and she had her reasons to be scared of men, so you can imagine what she went through...

Again this is a topic that has been approached before and the opinions are vast and varied, and it will be hard to reach a consensus. My final word is simple. Honesty.

I agree with everything Mike says and I to don't care if there are male operated female avatars as long as they are open about it.

I have friends in 3DX that do that and have become very good friends.

Another problem that this causes that has not yet been touched on in this thread is how these guy/girls react to guys trying to chat with them.

Understandably they do not want to lead these guys on or have any interest in them and most tend to not answer any pms sent to them by males.

As someone that tries to help newbies in here I constantly see the effect this has on new males in 3DX.

They say all the girls in here are stuck up b...., they tease and then won't even talk with us and a pile of other things where these guys are often leaving the game because of it.

There are so many problems this causes for players in 3DX for these guy/girls to think there is not is absolutely ridiculous.

• 2 months later...

I am new to the game and a bit split up on the topic.

I partly agree with Twiggy saying that maybe they should be open about it,

(there was one player (with two avatars) trying to play me but he/she was too obvious)

but on the other hand Electricfirecracker has the better idea, it is a game (with social interactions but still a game)

so it should be about fun.

(I mean I took a look at some of the topics and I think there is too much drama.)

I would have to say maybe a person should be honest if he/she is playing or living the game, no matter the gender.

PS: My personal opinion is that if a guy is feeling like a girl he should 'play' one.

I will not push him/her of the bed because of it ^_^