3DXChat Community

/me alternative

Xizi

I would love if there would be an option to use a purple or any other (diffrent than regular white text) color for action, without starting it in a third person. 

Let me give you an example. Now if I would want to make an action in game, it would be something like this:

Xizl goes to the kitchen to get herself a cup of tea. 

I want to be able to use some different short command to make it like this:

Xizl: I go to the kitchen to get myself a cup of tea. 

Or diffrent color:

Xizl: I go to the kitchen to get myself a cup of tea. 

Why? Because for a lot of people, including me, it's a lot more plesant to perform in roleplay/descriptive sex using the first person narrative, because it helps us to immerse in situation much better. 

You can ask me, why don't just do it like this:

Xizl: *I go to the kitchen to get myself a cup of tea.* 

Well, of course we can do it that way, but it's not that nice. White text... Meh, it's not cool, action should have different color, not like a regular speech. Plus this starts on the edges of the text look a bit out of space.

Or maybe like this:

Xizl I go to the kitchen to get myself a cup of tea. 

Nah, not cool too, it looks ridiculous without avi's name and "I" separated.

Xizl *I go to the kitchen to get myself a cup of tea.*

Prolly the best option available so far, but still not perfect, because of these stars. 

I mean, I know that it sounds like a little and maybe not that important thing for some people, but it's not going to take a lot of dev's time, it's a little amount of work and really big amount of people would enjoy it, because I really see tons of people using first person in their plays. 

Edited by Xizl

an command like /i which will then add ":" after the name would be cool for that, so the one rp'ing can chose which version to take. I personally wouldn't give it another color, to be able to switch between /me and /i (or what it would be) seamless.

But, as things take time in 3dx, the best workaround for me would be to use a space and ":" with the /me to get something like this:

/me : I'm on the phone

Veronique : I'm on the phone

19 minutes ago, Veronique said:

But, as things take time in 3dx, the best workaround for me would be to use a space and ":" with the /me to get something like this:

/me : I'm on the phone

Veronique : I'm on the phone

Wow, thanks! Never actually thought that I can simply do it like this.

Now I am feeling myself kind of stupid lol :lol:

Anyway, it still would be great to have a separate command for it.

I agree with you here Xizl that the first person is a bit more... dunno... directly and just better in my opinion. What I do is, I start the first few words in third person and transition then into first person. Would look like that:

Loruna humms slightly with the hug, while I start to caress your back aswell

It combines both and then you dont need a extra option for it... because I fear, when this option comes to play, everybody would use different colors and we would get a rainbow colored WC xD

4 minutes ago, Loruna said:

I agree with you here Xizl that the first person is a bit more... dunno... directly and just better in my opinion. What I do is, I start the first few words in third person and transition then into first person. Would look like that:

Loruna humms slightly with the hug, while I start to caress your back aswell

I did it the same way so far. Now prolly will follow Veronique's advice. 

5 minutes ago, Loruna said:

It combines both and then you dont need a extra option for it... because I fear, when this option comes to play, everybody would use different colors and we would get a rainbow colored WC xD

It's not a rainbow, it's just one more color. Not a big deal if before adverts was in two colors, now will be in three. It still will be the same amount of adverts.