3DXChat Community

The 60 second timer

xSweetMiseryx

Just now, xSweetMiseryx said:

@Tsela It was used by SOME people to create animosities and have arguments.  

I'm here for like 2 years now. I saw where every conversation was taken there. Yes it was used by SOME for the large part for arguments. But those people were pretty much the permanent world chat citizens. the 60 second timer kind of fixed that. Still we can talk there, but this delay pretty much denies people having a back and forth conversation, pushing everything aside.

Just now, Ross the RoberT said:

no, that's your idea of what wc is, not the actual definition of it. nowhere anywhere does it say WC is for new people to ask questions. the literal definition of world chat is World (the entire game universe) and Chat ( an informal conversation). Now that could include people asking questions but that's just a small part of it, it is for conversation of any sort, hence the name World Chat.

Feel free to post where anyone in a position of power in 3dx said that world chat isn't for actual conversation, I would gladly admit im wrong however I have my doubts anyone can

It's not "my idea" because you see the 60 second timer there right? So that was also the developers idea. So you can define it however you want I'm telling you what that is meant for. You can break those words apart, still doesn't change the fact that the world chat was changed exactly to stop random conversations spamming it.

2 minutes ago, Tsela said:

I'm here for like 2 years now. I saw where every conversation was taken there. Yes it was used by SOME for the large part for arguments. But those people were pretty much the permanent world chat citizens. the 60 second timer kind of fixed that. Still we can talk there, but this delay pretty much denies people having a back and forth conversation, pushing everything aside.

I think thats because the arguments often overtook whatever other chatter was going on. I have also seen where five or six ppl having decent civilized casual chat and ignoring the arguers (is that a word)  managed to make them run out of steam and stop. 

2 minutes ago, Tsela said:

It's not "my idea" because you see the 60 second timer there right? So that was also the developers idea. So you can define it however you want I'm telling you what that is meant for. You can break those words apart, still doesn't change the fact that the world chat was changed exactly to stop random conversations spamming it.

Oh I disagree. I think the timer came about to stop ppl from doing one ad after another after another after another over and over and stopping the casual random conversations.  However all its done in my view is create an Ads only channel. I think it also has killed exactly what you believe it is meant for. New ppl getting help. Now its just people putting up super huge ads every 60 seconds and nobody even looking at it to be able to SEE those new people asking for help. 

2 minutes ago, xSweetMiseryx said:

I think thats because the arguments often overtook whatever other chatter was going on. I have also seen where five or six ppl having decent civilized casual chat and ignoring the arguers (is that a word)  managed to make them run out of steam and stop. 

Yeah but you see what the devs are trying for. Asking people to spread the word, introducing insanely generous (quite problematic) referral programs, asking for more shares on twitter, so on. They basically expect new subscribers to join, and most often the first thing they see is the world chat where they can ask their beginner questions. Now the very same people being on offensive, arguing between themselves even being rude to a new person asking a question doesn't help much.

We still maintain our capabilities to join quite crowded rooms and chat around.

I understand that maybe you didn't use teh world chat for toxic purposes, but it was mostly used for that, honestly.

7 minutes ago, Ross the RoberT said:

show me where the devs said it was added to stop conversations and not to slow down all the room adverts, I will wait. btw, im defining it by the actual definition of the words World and Chat. that's not me defining it, that's how society at large defines the words. 

If the devs or whomever name something a certain name, I can only guess that its used for that purpose. for example,  technical support  is for just that. its not for people wanting a new dress

One just has to look at the rules, spamming room adverts is against the rules, conversations is not. I can only go by logic, you are going by what you think something is used for with no evidence to back up such claims

I can see I am not going to change your mind on the subject, just thought I would be a nice guy and explain what the Words World and Chat meant. Contrary to what you or anyone else thinks, wc is for conversations and will continue to be used for conversations. Have a good weekend everyone

Room ads are HELPED by the 60 second timer. because random conversations are not filling the window. You can wait all you want, but the devs actually helped people advertising their activities. Ads are perfectly fine with a 60 second timer. That back and forth arguing and trolling was destroyed only

You can mumble all you want, I'm telling you what is happening ;)

Displaying room adverts is not against the rules btw. you made that up. Spamming is against the rules. but displaying information about a room does not qualify as spam. Regardless if you personally like that or not.

Edited by Tsela

5 minutes ago, xSweetMiseryx said:

Arguing and trolling AND common casual conversation was destroyed. Don't forget that part.  Did I mention I think it's all about me. lol Just kidding. 

At any rate I, too, am off to work.  Thanks for some casual interesting discourse gentlemen. :) I wish you all a wonderful day! 

Have a wonderful day at work.

As a side note. If the 60 second timer harmed some casual and productive chat there, it's really a sad by product of destroying troll spams. I'm sorry for that. Even I used the world chat at times for the same reason you did. But in the end I have to acknowledge, that who ultimately hurt the WC and eventually helped creating this measure against them, were the trolls themselves. The 60 second timer would have not existed otherwise.

Edited by Tsela

1 hour ago, xSweetMiseryx said:

Well I kinda feel like anyone that signs on for one of these virtual worlds especially one that is billed 'Adult' aka Sex should have enough emotional fortitude and life experience to see the writing on the wall the minute they log in and see the WC. 

I would not be so sure. Many people in 3dxchat are very inmature, even if they are of adult age. 

1 hour ago, Ross the RoberT said:

wc is for conversations and will continue to be used for conversations. Have

WC already used for ads more than for conversations. 

Here is your new counter for WC spam. Copy/paste and enter it.

Edited by Nikki

20 hours ago, Xizl said:

I would not be so sure. Many people in 3dxchat are very inmature, even if they are of adult age. 

WC already used for ads more than for conversations. 

Sure lots of people are immature but that would fall under the category of their problem.  Anyone signing up and logging should behave as a grown up and wait at least six months before they let the rest of us drag them down into our dens of debauchery and high school hijinx. lol