3DXChat Community

The 60 second timer

xSweetMiseryx

I can certainly see how the delay would be a problem. I’m always surprised however to find that people actually use WC on pretty much any platform, they have always seemed to be so damn noisy to me that they are barely useable. 

Useful for system wide notifications and that sort of stuff but I’ve not once had a convo in any WC. 

I guess the trade off is useability vs squelching ad spam. 

On 2/15/2020 at 11:08 PM, Ross the RoberT said:

wc is still full of adverts, back to the drawing board devs

Well the way to remove ads is to make rules against them.

But why would that be a problem really? The only problem was the repeated spam of trolls and others.

The 60second delay completely fixed that, so I think the WC is perfectly fine now. I don't know why some crybabies are against ads.

Stay on local, Group chat or pm. WC is WC. If some don't like something there they even have an ignore button.

The World Chat is pretty much fine now as it is. Spam was removed. Even if some people call spam everything they don't like to see :) Spam isn't that. Spam means repeated posting of something in a very short amount of time. It's impossible now so there is no spam. 

Edited by Tsela

ONifzUu.png

Small preview of the way it is now. People get their friends to help spam so they can avoid the 1 minute timer, anyway. Why can we not just make an "ad-only" chat and put that at a 1 minute timer, and reverse the WC timer, while enforcing a "no ad" rule in that chat? 

Now that I am getting used to it I don't hate the timer as much as I did at first. It's true the ads weren't the only problem in WC and it seems the timer really has cut down on the other problems.  I still just iggy the people that post the enormous ads and its still working just as well. 

How about a second per character or some number of characters.  I had posted something lewd in there the other day and had to wait to apologize.  If you could make the larger spams cost more, it might be a good compromise?  15 seconds per line?  There has to be something that works better than a blanket 60 seconds.

I hate the timer again. lol I logged in the other day and just felt like chatting basically about nothing, just passing time.  There was ZERO chat going on in WC. I was here for about 40 minutes and the only thing being said was an occasion hi and then ads ads ads ads.  It was a real let down. 

37 minutes ago, xSweetMiseryx said:

I hate the timer again. lol I logged in the other day and just felt like chatting basically about nothing, just passing time.  There was ZERO chat going on in WC. I was here for about 40 minutes and the only thing being said was an occasion hi and then ads ads ads ads.  It was a real let down. 

Seriously WC shouldn't be used for serious chatting just for some casual talk maybe. if you want a prolonged chat, you should find the persons you are chatting with and do it all day long instead of spamming the WC with all sort of chats, that frankly is more adequate to be conducted on local, group chat or in private

Well the World chat is pretty much there for the following things: 

-A new person asking for help, he has some questions about the game, he uses the World chat to reach as many people as possible, and he has higher chance of receiving help, if it's not spammed all day long by trolls arguing between themselves. Because that was the only thing that ever happened on WC

-Yes advertising a newly opened place is also part of the world chat, and there is nothing wrong with it, regardless of some trolls being offended by it, since they took worldchat as their private space for some reason. The advertising of a new room, place, or event gives the opportunity for some content creators (because YES, room builders, event organizers are creating usable content for the game) to display more information about their room, event, activity, since the really short room name limitation is very small to properly explain what their activity is about. And it does have a place on world chat, since rooms and activities people create make up 90% of the game. 

-For occasional developer inputs, since even Gizmo used the world chat now and then asking people to test something out, and give some feedback right there and then

But no, WC is not there for personal conversations and troll arguments

Edited by Tsela

22 minutes ago, Tsela said:

Seriously WC shouldn't be used for serious chatting just for some casual talk maybe. if you want a prolonged chat, you should find the persons you are chatting with and do it all day long instead of spamming the WC with all sort of chats, that frankly is more adequate to be conducted on local, group chat or in private

As I said. Just passing the time.  Casual chat is exactly what I look at the WC for.  I have met some very good people through WC that have ended up on my friends list and that I do have those local, group or private chats with but overall I enjoy the large WC casual chat passing an hour of my day. 

1 minute ago, xSweetMiseryx said:

As I said. Just passing the time.  Casual chat is exactly what I look at the WC for.  I have met some very good people through WC that have ended up on my friends list and that I do have those local, group or private chats with but overall I enjoy the large WC casual chat passing an hour of my day. 

Well we all look for means to pass our time, and frankly I understand you perfectly. But I don't see any reason why couldn't we do the same on local, finding a well populated room, and that even helps room owners and people who actually make some effort organizing hangout places.

@Tsela I think World Chat is there for whatever we want it to be.  I use the iggy button for people that use it for things I find personally annoying.  I liken it to a large meeting room where you can settle in and meet people you might not otherwise have met.  I would imagine it is because my forays into the virtual world realm in RLC and when you log in there your avatar lands in a place called Transport.  People often stand around there chatting in a large group (what we would consider 'local' here) It is something I enjoy. 

1 minute ago, Tsela said:

Well we all look for means to pass our time, and frankly I understand you perfectly. But I don't see any reason why couldn't we do the same on local, finding a well populated room, and that even helps room owners and people who actually make some effort organizing hangout places.

You are correct. I could go to a room and chat in local. It would be almost the same thing. I guess the reason I like WC more is because it is available to everyone that is in world. Not just whoever chooses to go to a room. 

5 minutes ago, Ross the RoberT said:

actually it is since the very definition of the word chat is to have a conversation. Its not called World technical support or World adverts, the name is world chat which implies it was made for people to converse with one another

Yes it means conversation. a conversation coming from new people containing a question. A conversation where devs ask something to test out, and it as absolutely the place for Advertising since they never created a separate tab for that. That is the place for advertisment, and it's perfectly fine.

Unless the devs create an advertisment tab down there, it's perfectly reasonable for people to do it on WC.

the 60 seconds timer is the question here, and the reason why is implemented, and it's perfectly normal, is that if people use the WC they should have something to say, not to treat it as their personal place for arguments. Let's not hide behind the fact that it was mostly only used for that

Edited by Tsela

6 minutes ago, xSweetMiseryx said:

Oh! Someone needs to make a layout and open up a room called World Chat. :)  Then people like me could use it. And of course I seem to think its 'all about me' lol 

That's a great idea :)