3DXChat Community
Feuermond

World chat: 60 s delay killed the chat

this idea that if you do this or do that and everyone will get along is bullshit to be honest. you could put a 60 minute timer on WC and people are still going to say fucked up shit and post Room adverts. As ive said before, anytime you throw a bunch of people in one area, you are going to have some fighting, its just human nature. all you have to do is look out your window or go down the street, There is no such thing as utopia. In all honesty they just need a room boot, if people have a block option and a room boot and you choose to use neither, you are part of the problem, not the solution.

You have two more choices... do away with WC (dont see that happening) or pay for mods(dont see that happening). I am not in WC much now outside of saying hello but when i am, mostly its just people chatting or arguing about Trump or some other silly shit, thats not trolling, thats arguing. Unless you count Neo saying outlandish shit and he is harmless in my view.

I will also add one more thing and this is coming from someone who knows about trolling very well, takes two or more to troll, without people feeding said troll, they would just be talking to themselves. people who engage in bickering with a troll are just as much to blame as any troll for the shit show that is WC.

But i will say trolling has evolved since i have been in 3dx, when i first got here and engaged in it, it would last 20-30 minutes and would get tired of it and move on most of the time. Now its like a all day thing, i wouldnt have the stamina for the trolling nowadays. lately (and this just might be because im not in game much) it seems to have slowed down, i dont see as much of it as i use to when i peek in WC.

Honestly, I don't know if the 60 second timer really "killed" WC. It just made it a different experience. Sure, conversations flow a little more awkwardly, but now I actually have the time to read what's going on and following along, and I know that if I leave WC for a few minutes to check on another conversation I won't be hopelessly lost when I get back. And hey, if nothing else, those 60 seconds allows you to cool your heels a little and think "Does this warrant a response?" "What did this person mean?" etc, instead of going on full blast with whaterver springs to mind first.

well it seems the 60 seconds was a nice addition so people have the time to read and not get bombarded by new texts from same ppl whatever ..

what remains is for the ads to greatly reduced and this is the best bet devs have to win :) 

continous spam ads or whatever you call it isnt a must its a laxury thats killing the WC (1 ad per hour is perfectly ok and logic )

but not every 30s and 1 min same person same ad lol ...they dont even play the game they just copy paste for all the duration they are open lol 🤣

Lemme say this most of those that spam they never also use xgold to top their room ..so what they Do ? they offer 0 to game and same time fill world chat with ads making it almost imposible for ppl to follow chat ....

If we were to compare what works : top room via 300xgold or spam =top300 xgold is the winner everytime 

some ideas : 1) paid world chat ..will affect all but no easy fixes to stop whats happening (will greatly reduce ads drama etc cause they will need to pay do their deeds lol ) persnaly i find it good idea ..spammers trolls and drama ppl pay instead do their deeds for free in our face lol .

2) since paid wc will affect genuine ppl that realy like to chat on wc another solution is .. 3 mins delay with paid option to chat faster ..genuine chatters will be able to chat free this way and spammers will also have a 3 min delay meaning less spam intervals and less drama cause who for the love of god will wait 3 mins to keep the drama up lol ..

3) 900 letters daily limit to chat on WC self explanatory ppl will have to use wisely their limit after 900 letters it will be only paid  :) spam/ads will die  wanna spam more pay :) wanna drama more pay :)  

4) another idea is system recognise room owners and only for them Wc be paid while their room is open ...ofc they could bypass this system with an Alt or their friends ..as i said no easy fixes 

5) complete Paid WC for people that are located in shared user rooms(only) lemme finish the idea..people usually talk in WC cause prolly not together or in same room cause if they were why not use local or pm etc :) 

So when people are located in a user room whatever u say on WC is paid if you go in a dev location or in ur room is free :) 

ofc spammers would be able to port in beach make their spam and ge back ..but that go back and forth will be tiring will affect their numbers ...spamming a room to them mean numbers so it will hurt them ..ofc they could leave another of their account to a dev location do the spam but again that second account wont be in their room affecting again their numbers ..the reason they do all the spam in the first place ...

...yeah i know you might not like ...but to make a clean world chat we need something ..so far i have think of those ideas 

Let me be clear my Goal is completely kill drama/ad spam/trolling or dont drama/ad spam/troll for free lol 

think about it why let people drama /spam/troll for free in our face ...2 choices either we let em do the drama free or make them pay for the drama and support the game with this way...

...i know ..all of you ..dont want to pay more etc ..but since you dont spam and you dont open rooms and spam ads or troll u have nothing to pay cause you will spend Gizmo free xgold u have saved all this time :)

If you go in wc and be casual say hi etc few stuff and go play the game nothing to fear pay wise ...but if you live in WC well its gonna be a lil difficult :) 

let me say this its already difficult cause u eat the spam the drama and the troll in your face (if you live on WC ) 

6) my final idea well not mine many have said that ..a advertize tab chat  but how ? 1) advertize tab will be via xgold ofc advertize was never free in the world :)  2) If you advertize in wc and get reported its 3 days ban easy peasy :) 

this way WC will stay free for all WC lovers :) and spammers will have their own tab to spam ..its up to the comunity report  spammers that break the deal and instead spam in ad tab spam in wc ...i think you will like this idea more :) 

26 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

advertize tab will be via xgold ofc

Because 3dxchat needs more income and then devs will shower us with updates? Tbh I am kind of tired hearing this mantra. Making advertise tab and demanding xgold for it means pushing people back into advertising in world chat. Making it bannable offence = increasing pressure on devs to check reports, so the real shitty stuff, like stalkers and attackers will be ban less fast and less often. If devs gonna make advertise tab it should be free and with a delay too. And delay should be shared for world chat and advertise tab, so people can't just send their advertises in both channels.

53 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Because 3dxchat needs more income and then devs will shower us with updates? Tbh I am kind of tired hearing this mantra. Making advertise tab and demanding xgold for it means pushing people back into advertising in world chat. Making it bannable offence = increasing pressure on devs to check reports, so the real shitty stuff, like stalkers and attackers will be ban less fast and less often. If devs gonna make advertise tab it should be free and with a delay too. And delay should be shared for world chat and advertise tab, so people can't just send their advertises in both channels.

xizi you might not understand how a buisness works ...in order for something to take , devs or companies need to gain something in order to deal with x said idea/implementation ...Do devs care if x spam ?Nope they will still get paid for running the game and do updates in their time scedual ... Me knowing this i always try (my ideas) to give to players and same time devs have a gain also cause its the only way to be implemented ..

Devs can easilly let things the way they are ...ad spam /troll/drama ...its been like this many years not their fault if ppl go toxic ..what they can do is when u report they take action ...as they already take action all those years in their time scedual :) 

why bother fix the unfixable if i may use this word when they can only focus on deliver updates ....So i always give ideas that benefit devs and players 

So they might bother do it :) 

best word to describe this i would say cheese them :) 

Edited by Aliviax

1 hour ago, Aliviax said:

xizi you might not understand how a buisness works

"How business works" is not some absolute thing, like a laws of nature. There is no guarantee that if devs will have more money they will release more updates. Devs are humans, not machines automatically transferring money in updates. Yes, they can start work on the game more or even hire more people if they get more money... Or, they can keep working like they did and just enjoying more money, because why not, if their user base is ready to pay more and more, while they don't even care to fix the bugs that here for months and years. Or they maybe will work more seeing that game gives less and less money. Or work less. Or close it. Or sell it. Everything is possible, you can't predict human behavior with a perfect accuracy, and I don't know why you are so sure that devs will start make more updates if you will start to throw more money in them.

4 minutes ago, Xizl said:

"How business works" is not some absolute thing, like a laws of nature. There is no guarantee that if devs will have more money they will release more updates. Devs are humans, not machines automatically transferring money in updates. Yes, they can start work on the game more or even hire more people if they get more money... Or, they can keep working like they did and just enjoying more money, because why not, if their user base is ready to pay more and more, while they don't even care to fix the bugs that here for months and years. Or they maybe will work more seeing that game gives less and less money. Or work less. Or close it. Or sell it. Everything is possible, you can't predict human behavior with a perfect accuracy, and I don't know why you are so sure that devs will start make more updates if you will start to throw more money in them.

anyway im done i gave some ideas that i think might work and reduce or comletely kill ad spam drama and troll ..its up to the devs what they want to do or what they believe is the best solution 

this notion that if they start charging for shit and it will mean more updates, etc is horse shit. how many more updates, etc happened when they started charging for avis and marriage? I can answer that, none. As a matter of fact, seems like around then is when updates slowed down

the only thing that they have done that translated into more updates is using  community members poses and clothes and that doesnt cost 3dx a dime.

Edited by Ross the RoberT

The problem might be so many people paying yearly now. Its good that people are saving money however because its all paid in one lump some, no incentive for them to crank new shit out during the year. They know people are locked in no matter what they add or dont add. Not saying thats what happens but its certainly possible that it  could be a factor

Ross The big issue we talk is how to stop continous ad spam/troll and drama in WC ..i gave some ideas ppl might like or might not like but it would be cool if we have more cool ideas ..

If you have any dont be shy drop it here ..we are not here to judge ppl ideas we are here to find a solution :) 

1 hour ago, Aliviax said:

Ross The big issue we talk is how to stop continous ad spam/troll and drama in WC ..i gave some ideas ppl might like or might not like but it would be cool if we have more cool ideas ..

If you have any dont be shy drop it here ..we are not here to judge ppl ideas we are here to find a solution :) 

nah because im not under the delusion that the game is just made for me, if i dont like a certain room or tab, i stay out of it , problem solved. My feelings arent so easily hurt that i get triggered by the mere existance of a tab i dont like. I am not really sure how anyone in his right mind would think charging people extra  to talk is somehow a "cool idea".

Adding a advertisement tab would be as useful as a third breast. Nobody will use it, they use wc because it has the most traffic. You could add 5 tabs and they would still send links in the wc tab

There has been a lot of ideas thrown around over the years to fix up world chat, one was to have a small spot right above the text box in the chat UI where ads appear. That way the ads do not effect the text box the way they often do. Where people object to the ads is when there are so many of them the text box gets very much impossible to chat in. I remember seeing 3 or 4 rooms having like a battle where there were 2 or 3 people from each room putting in ads, they just went one after the other and made it so there was no way you could have a chat. And even with this one minute delay that can still happen.

Yes you could make the delay longer and the longer it is the harder it will be for them to have so many ads, but also the longer you make the delay the harder it will be to use WC for what it is meant for, CHATTING.

The delay will stop people from doing things like repeated posts where people do that just to fill the chat box and be annoying, but a 10 second delay would do that, and a 10 second delay wouldn't effect chat the way a 60 second delay will. The longer the delay the more it will effect chat.

I still think the game and the forum need professional moderating and WC is just one example of where it is needed, but if we are just going to talk about what can be done for WC then I feel a lengthy delay is not what is needed. A place for ads to appear above the text area as I mentioned above and a short delay would be much better. That way WC could be used for what it is meant for, Chat.

As for trolls they will always troll, but if you don't like what they are doing use ignore which I agree does not get rid of it all, you still see peoples responses. But at least you no longer see the trolls BS. 

For me and I think for quite a lot of others, I am objecting to what they have done as it is not anywhere near a good enough solution. It does not fix the problems that have been making world chat not be able to be used for what it was meant for. It may have resolved one problem but has produced others.

So here's my opinion.....I like the delay,  it allows you to multitask and still follow along, gives some the opportunity to cool off before responding as well as many of the other reasons people have already stated above.  In the 6 years I've been here, I've never had a problem with WC regarding room spamming or trolls.  I simply use the ignore feature we were given and it cleans it all up.

1 hour ago, Adara said:

So here's my opinion.....I like the delay,  it allows you to multitask and still follow along, gives some the opportunity to cool off before responding as well as many of the other reasons people have already stated above.  In the 6 years I've been here, I've never had a problem with WC regarding room spamming or trolls.  I simply use the ignore feature we were given and it cleans it all up.

Thats because the grand daddy of troll is your bud 😛

57 minutes ago, Ross the RoberT said:

Thats because the grand daddy of troll is your bud 😛

HAHA....to some extent maybe.  Although, I'm not sure if we've spent more time on each others friend's list or ignore list throughout the years. 🤣

Edited by Adara

Is there a way to just turn off World Chat?  Something in settings?  Yes, I know I can ignore it but when you login or in the editor it just pops up immediately.  It does annoy me the minute I login to see someone spamming something, etc.  As I've said before I personally find no use for it and would love the option to just turn it off or remove it from my interface.

7 minutes ago, Doc said:

Is there a way to just turn off World Chat?  Something in settings?  Yes, I know I can ignore it but when you login or in the editor it just pops up immediately.  It does annoy me the minute I login to see someone spamming something, etc.  As I've said before I personally find no use for it and would love the option to just turn it off or remove it from my interface.

No, can only turn off notifications 

Here's an idea for WC Spamming and Advertising... Make an Room owner option to make a Add for their room <like the /me text> That then gets attached to the room so it automatically fire off in WC when the room owner Tops the room ie 300XGold per top/add?

just my 2xg.

M

On 2/18/2020 at 3:28 PM, Doc said:

Personally I immediately just click on message a friend who isn't on line leaving  me a blank chat screen. Although I do agree it would be nice if it came up on Local by default instead  of WC.