3DXChat Community

World chat: 60 s delay killed the chat

Feuermond

50 minutes ago, ☙𝔼𝕩❧ said:

Why so? Maybe no one use report. Is there a problem to check the logs and find the account connected with the last created character names?

People asked something for a world chat, devs gave it. More problems with bugs today.

From what I was told the devs don't keep any records on who had what alts, once the alt is deleted there is no way of telling who owned it. Which I believe would be true for several reasons, one is the devs have always done as little work as possible to apply things, do you think they would make another database just to keep records of who owned what alts. Also if you go off what has happened in the way of people being harassed and nothing being done after many reports, like the girl that had shown all the different names her harasser had used. then it would seem very much like it is true.

Yes people asked for something to be done, they have for a long time. Look at what they did though. Do you think that putting a one minute wait on WC will stop the ad spamming, no way, they will just place ads every 1 minute. Do you think it will allow people to be able to chat in there the way they use to be able, no way, it will actually make it worse for that. It may stop the trolls to some extent, but they are addicted to what they do, it is how they have their fun, they will just move to local chats. It is a band-aid fix, like they always do, that will not only not do what people were asking for but will also create other problems.

4 hours ago, Twiggy said:

like the girl that had shown all the different names her harasser had used. then it would seem very much like it is true.

Can you link? Having a database is okay today. Gizmo said that no one can hides from him, so i don`t see any truth here. My attackers were banned.

Yes people asked for something to be done, they have for a long time. Look at what they did though. Do you think that putting a one minute wait on WC will stop the ad spamming, no way, they will just place ads every 1 minute.

I do know that this delay of 60 seconds really stops spam. There is no chat spam anymore. Very few users know how to avoid this delay while this feature placed on the client side, that is why I asked devs to move it to the server side. Thanks to people who showed the problem. I don`t know why you mess a game chat spam with email adv spam. Room advertisment ain`t prohibited in chats as well as in forums. Chat spam is 3 or more same messages per time. Some people used spam bots. With 60 sec delay they can`t use it.

Do you think it will allow people to be able to chat in there the way they use to be able, no way, it will actually make it worse for that.

I do know that It is a way better than in the past. World chat runs faster than people can catch a message. It is nice for egoists who supplanted and expelled other people by their 1 message per second like:

"-ok

-I know

-but I am faster

-you dumb..."

This is between other 10-15 chatters in wc. So I don`t need to think. I play this, I see this. And you?

5 hours ago, Twiggy said:

Do you think that putting a one minute wait on WC will stop the ad spamming, no way, they will just place ads every 1 minute.

It's already enough to make it better. Ads is fine, nothing wrong about making ads in word chat. Spamming ads is not fine. And with one minute delay – there is less spamming (or even not at all, considering how you understand the word "spam"). I honestly would prefer to increase the delay up to two minutes, but I understand that it will be almost impossible to actually communicate in world chat, not just using it as a place for ads/questions/people search. I myself not using world chat for communication purposes, but I suppose the ones who do would not like a bigger delay. 

5 hours ago, Twiggy said:

It may stop the trolls to some extent, but they are addicted to what they do, it is how they have their fun, they will just move to local chats.

Another reason to finally add a room kick option. When the trolls will not be able to properly troll in world chat and will be continuously kicked and banned from rooms it going to be terrible for them. And good for all other people. 

What people in here are calling spamming isn't really spamming at all, spamming isn't really repeated posting in one thing it is sending messages or posts to multiple people or forums and such, what when people say spamming in here they are talking about repeated posts, But it has been referred to that way so often in here we all use it to refer to repeated posts.

What I use to see in WC was ad after ad for rooms, often 2 or more advertising the same room and battles going on between people who had rooms open. One would advertise and soon after another would for another room. Most of the time it was more than one person from each room. The chat would fill with ads for rooms and that is what most people complained about when it came to the room advertising. The one minute delay will do very little to stop that.

Sometimes you would see someone repeating message after message the same, or would do things like one letter posts one after the other. Yes it will stop that but that happened so rarely it wasn't really that much a problem and even a 10 second delay would stop that.

WC is world CHAT, meaning it is meant for people to be able to communicate from anywhere in the game. It use to work in a way where several people from anywhere in the game could have a conversation and anyone could join in. You can't do that any other way. It use to work fine and people use to enjoy it. It hasn't been that way for a long time because of the ads and the trolls. It was all the ads that made it so the chat would go to fast and you had to keep scrolling to try see what was said.

The only thing a one minute delay will do is make it harder for those conversations to be possible, having to wait one minute because you had just posted and someone asks something and you cant answer. 

Yes it will make it hard for trolls in world chat, they use to take over posting rapid insults at people and each other where no one else could get a word in. But what do you think will happen when they can't do it in world chat, they will go to rooms and public places and do it there where they can. As for the boot from room feature and that putting a stop to that, well what makes you think they will add that now. It has been constantly asked for for years and we were told twice would get it and even though it would take very little to ad one we still have not got it. So saying the trolls will be stopped using that is BS.

What a one minute delay will prevent mostly is the CHAT conversations that use to be fun, what world chat was meant for. It is not called world info, it is called world chat.

Again I say it is another band-aid, a poor attempt to resolve a problem that will do very little to do so. A poor attempt to resolve a problem that will again cause other problems. There has been so much of this type of thing done by the devs that the game is full of band-aids with the worst being what they did with the ignore system. What the game needs is professional moderation, one that is there 24/7 that gets acted on immediately for both the game and the forum. Then they could take away a lot of those band-aids.

As for you EX, if you cant remember the girl that had a post where she was complaining about being harassed by the same person for a long time and showed a pic of how many alts he had used, that she reported, then you have a really bad memory. Plus what came out in that post is there were a lot of others that had experienced much the same thing.

1 hour ago, Twiggy said:

What people in here are calling spamming isn't really spamming at all, spamming isn't really repeated posting in one thing it is sending messages or posts to multiple people or forums and such, what when people say spamming in here they are talking about repeated posts, But it has been referred to that way so often in here we all use it to refer to repeated posts.

Well, in this case I have absolutely nothing against spamming in world chat. I mean where else people should advertise? In game bulletin board? We don't have one. Local chats of other rooms? It's nasty and will lead to fights. Forum? Most people never read it, and even most of the ones whore read it does not read it often enough, so it can be used only for some party that you plan in a week, not something that currently happening or will happen soon. Advertisement channel? We don't have one and even if we would, it would not stop people from using world chat for same purposes. Tho the ones who has some common human decency would use it, not world chat. So adding such a chat channel could help, not completely solve the problem, but help for sure.

Moderation you propose is just too pricey. No sense in discussing it because devs will never agree to pay 5000$/month for it. Hell, I myself against it, if they ready to pay 5000$/month – I would prefer if they would hire someone who could help them with fixing bugs or do poses/clothes/faces and other customize. I can deal with world chat being how it is, not really a big problem. There are tons of other places for communication, without world chat's problems.

I mean, 3dxchat has quite a little player base, paying for 24/7 moderation for it is simply too much and does not worth it. Just checking reports on daily basis would be enough. If someone has so sensitive personality that they go nuts if the people offended them are not banned in a hour... Well, they have a problems and prolly need to learn better selfcontrol. 

1 hour ago, Twiggy said:

As for you EX, if you cant remember the girl that had a post where she was complaining about being harassed by the same person for a long time and showed a pic of how many alts he had used, that she reported, then you have a really bad memory. Plus what came out in that post is there were a lot of others that had experienced much the same thing.

No. If it was here so should be a link somewhere if the thread ain`t deleted. I don`t trust that devs don`t have any logs. They are working with accounts and payments. Maybe I am wrong, but you sound like they can`t do anything while I remember what they did.

I have no idea why few people mixing two different types of spam. In game chats it always been like that.

Honestly, I don't know if the 60 second timer really "killed" WC. It just made it a different experience. Sure, conversations flow a little more awkwardly, but now I actually have the time to read what's going on and following along, and I know that if I leave WC for a few minutes to check on another conversation I won't be hopelessly lost when I get back. And hey, if nothing else, those 60 seconds allows you to cool your heels a little and think "Does this warrant a response?" "What did this person mean?" etc, instead of going on full blast with whaterver springs to mind first.

well it seems the 60 seconds was a nice addition so people have the time to read and not get bombarded by new texts from same ppl whatever ..

what remains is for the ads to greatly reduced and this is the best bet devs have to win :) 

continous spam ads or whatever you call it isnt a must its a laxury thats killing the WC (1 ad per hour is perfectly ok and logic )

but not every 30s and 1 min same person same ad lol ...they dont even play the game they just copy paste for all the duration they are open lol 🤣

Lemme say this most of those that spam they never also use xgold to top their room ..so what they Do ? they offer 0 to game and same time fill world chat with ads making it almost imposible for ppl to follow chat ....

If we were to compare what works : top room via 300xgold or spam =top300 xgold is the winner everytime 

some ideas : 1) paid world chat ..will affect all but no easy fixes to stop whats happening (will greatly reduce ads drama etc cause they will need to pay do their deeds lol ) persnaly i find it good idea ..spammers trolls and drama ppl pay instead do their deeds for free in our face lol .

2) since paid wc will affect genuine ppl that realy like to chat on wc another solution is .. 3 mins delay with paid option to chat faster ..genuine chatters will be able to chat free this way and spammers will also have a 3 min delay meaning less spam intervals and less drama cause who for the love of god will wait 3 mins to keep the drama up lol ..

3) 900 letters daily limit to chat on WC self explanatory ppl will have to use wisely their limit after 900 letters it will be only paid  :) spam/ads will die  wanna spam more pay :) wanna drama more pay :)  

4) another idea is system recognise room owners and only for them Wc be paid while their room is open ...ofc they could bypass this system with an Alt or their friends ..as i said no easy fixes 

5) complete Paid WC for people that are located in shared user rooms(only) lemme finish the idea..people usually talk in WC cause prolly not together or in same room cause if they were why not use local or pm etc :) 

So when people are located in a user room whatever u say on WC is paid if you go in a dev location or in ur room is free :) 

ofc spammers would be able to port in beach make their spam and ge back ..but that go back and forth will be tiring will affect their numbers ...spamming a room to them mean numbers so it will hurt them ..ofc they could leave another of their account to a dev location do the spam but again that second account wont be in their room affecting again their numbers ..the reason they do all the spam in the first place ...

...yeah i know you might not like ...but to make a clean world chat we need something ..so far i have think of those ideas 

Let me be clear my Goal is completely kill drama/ad spam/trolling or dont drama/ad spam/troll for free lol 

think about it why let people drama /spam/troll for free in our face ...2 choices either we let em do the drama free or make them pay for the drama and support the game with this way...

...i know ..all of you ..dont want to pay more etc ..but since you dont spam and you dont open rooms and spam ads or troll u have nothing to pay cause you will spend Gizmo free xgold u have saved all this time :)

If you go in wc and be casual say hi etc few stuff and go play the game nothing to fear pay wise ...but if you live in WC well its gonna be a lil difficult :) 

let me say this its already difficult cause u eat the spam the drama and the troll in your face (if you live on WC ) 

6) my final idea well not mine many have said that ..a advertize tab chat  but how ? 1) advertize tab will be via xgold ofc advertize was never free in the world :)  2) If you advertize in wc and get reported its 3 days ban easy peasy :) 

this way WC will stay free for all WC lovers :) and spammers will have their own tab to spam ..its up to the comunity report  spammers that break the deal and instead spam in ad tab spam in wc ...i think you will like this idea more :) 

26 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

advertize tab will be via xgold ofc

Because 3dxchat needs more income and then devs will shower us with updates? Tbh I am kind of tired hearing this mantra. Making advertise tab and demanding xgold for it means pushing people back into advertising in world chat. Making it bannable offence = increasing pressure on devs to check reports, so the real shitty stuff, like stalkers and attackers will be ban less fast and less often. If devs gonna make advertise tab it should be free and with a delay too. And delay should be shared for world chat and advertise tab, so people can't just send their advertises in both channels.

53 minutes ago, Xizl said:

Because 3dxchat needs more income and then devs will shower us with updates? Tbh I am kind of tired hearing this mantra. Making advertise tab and demanding xgold for it means pushing people back into advertising in world chat. Making it bannable offence = increasing pressure on devs to check reports, so the real shitty stuff, like stalkers and attackers will be ban less fast and less often. If devs gonna make advertise tab it should be free and with a delay too. And delay should be shared for world chat and advertise tab, so people can't just send their advertises in both channels.

xizi you might not understand how a buisness works ...in order for something to take , devs or companies need to gain something in order to deal with x said idea/implementation ...Do devs care if x spam ?Nope they will still get paid for running the game and do updates in their time scedual ... Me knowing this i always try (my ideas) to give to players and same time devs have a gain also cause its the only way to be implemented ..

Devs can easilly let things the way they are ...ad spam /troll/drama ...its been like this many years not their fault if ppl go toxic ..what they can do is when u report they take action ...as they already take action all those years in their time scedual :) 

why bother fix the unfixable if i may use this word when they can only focus on deliver updates ....So i always give ideas that benefit devs and players 

So they might bother do it :) 

best word to describe this i would say cheese them :) 

Edited by Aliviax

1 hour ago, Aliviax said:

xizi you might not understand how a buisness works

"How business works" is not some absolute thing, like a laws of nature. There is no guarantee that if devs will have more money they will release more updates. Devs are humans, not machines automatically transferring money in updates. Yes, they can start work on the game more or even hire more people if they get more money... Or, they can keep working like they did and just enjoying more money, because why not, if their user base is ready to pay more and more, while they don't even care to fix the bugs that here for months and years. Or they maybe will work more seeing that game gives less and less money. Or work less. Or close it. Or sell it. Everything is possible, you can't predict human behavior with a perfect accuracy, and I don't know why you are so sure that devs will start make more updates if you will start to throw more money in them.

4 minutes ago, Xizl said:

"How business works" is not some absolute thing, like a laws of nature. There is no guarantee that if devs will have more money they will release more updates. Devs are humans, not machines automatically transferring money in updates. Yes, they can start work on the game more or even hire more people if they get more money... Or, they can keep working like they did and just enjoying more money, because why not, if their user base is ready to pay more and more, while they don't even care to fix the bugs that here for months and years. Or they maybe will work more seeing that game gives less and less money. Or work less. Or close it. Or sell it. Everything is possible, you can't predict human behavior with a perfect accuracy, and I don't know why you are so sure that devs will start make more updates if you will start to throw more money in them.

anyway im done i gave some ideas that i think might work and reduce or comletely kill ad spam drama and troll ..its up to the devs what they want to do or what they believe is the best solution 

Ross The big issue we talk is how to stop continous ad spam/troll and drama in WC ..i gave some ideas ppl might like or might not like but it would be cool if we have more cool ideas ..

If you have any dont be shy drop it here ..we are not here to judge ppl ideas we are here to find a solution :) 

There has been a lot of ideas thrown around over the years to fix up world chat, one was to have a small spot right above the text box in the chat UI where ads appear. That way the ads do not effect the text box the way they often do. Where people object to the ads is when there are so many of them the text box gets very much impossible to chat in. I remember seeing 3 or 4 rooms having like a battle where there were 2 or 3 people from each room putting in ads, they just went one after the other and made it so there was no way you could have a chat. And even with this one minute delay that can still happen.

Yes you could make the delay longer and the longer it is the harder it will be for them to have so many ads, but also the longer you make the delay the harder it will be to use WC for what it is meant for, CHATTING.

The delay will stop people from doing things like repeated posts where people do that just to fill the chat box and be annoying, but a 10 second delay would do that, and a 10 second delay wouldn't effect chat the way a 60 second delay will. The longer the delay the more it will effect chat.

I still think the game and the forum need professional moderating and WC is just one example of where it is needed, but if we are just going to talk about what can be done for WC then I feel a lengthy delay is not what is needed. A place for ads to appear above the text area as I mentioned above and a short delay would be much better. That way WC could be used for what it is meant for, Chat.

As for trolls they will always troll, but if you don't like what they are doing use ignore which I agree does not get rid of it all, you still see peoples responses. But at least you no longer see the trolls BS. 

For me and I think for quite a lot of others, I am objecting to what they have done as it is not anywhere near a good enough solution. It does not fix the problems that have been making world chat not be able to be used for what it was meant for. It may have resolved one problem but has produced others.

So here's my opinion.....I like the delay,  it allows you to multitask and still follow along, gives some the opportunity to cool off before responding as well as many of the other reasons people have already stated above.  In the 6 years I've been here, I've never had a problem with WC regarding room spamming or trolls.  I simply use the ignore feature we were given and it cleans it all up.

Is there a way to just turn off World Chat?  Something in settings?  Yes, I know I can ignore it but when you login or in the editor it just pops up immediately.  It does annoy me the minute I login to see someone spamming something, etc.  As I've said before I personally find no use for it and would love the option to just turn it off or remove it from my interface.

On 2/18/2020 at 3:28 PM, Doc said:

Is there a way to just turn off World Chat?  Something in settings?  Yes, I know I can ignore it but when you login or in the editor it just pops up immediately.  It does annoy me the minute I login to see someone spamming something, etc.  As I've said before I personally find no use for it and would love the option to just turn it off or remove it from my interface.

Personally I immediately just click on message a friend who isn't on line leaving  me a blank chat screen. Although I do agree it would be nice if it came up on Local by default instead  of WC.

• 2 weeks later...

I started reading this thread just hearing about this 60 second delay thing so I'm reading negative, negative, negative then here come Alivia POSITIVE!. Woot! I'm a fan. So I stopped reading figuring the rest is just back and forth Pro's and Con's. I think personally it's best as-is. you have Local and PM's leaving World Chat for shout outs and spam. Maybe the addition of a group chat would make it better IDK.

Oh wait I do have an idea and a good one. Advertising  and spam is limited to click links or spoilers so in chat all you see is the title or name of the club then anyone wanting to know more can click and best if it all happens within the chat box but expands to see the whole advertisement or spam.

24 minutes ago, kesha1982 said:

I started reading this thread just hearing about this 60 second delay thing so I'm reading negative, negative, negative then here come Alivia POSITIVE!. Woot! I'm a fan. So I stopped reading figuring the rest is just back and forth Pro's and Con's. I think personally it's best as-is. you have Local and PM's leaving World Chat for shout outs and spam. Maybe the addition of a group chat would make it better IDK.

we already have a group chat :) 

Having a World Chat (WC) is fun for many. Of course, their are always those that like to park their avatar somewhere and post negative things in WC because drama is their fun, oh well. To eaches own...

My thoughts on any virtual-world WC has always been with new members in mind. New members at some point after figuring some things out, look at WC. What if they leave because of their experience?

• 2 weeks later...