3DXChat Community

World chat: 60 s delay killed the chat

Feuermond

1 minute ago, Ross the RoberT said:

i hate to tell you this but unless you have been sheltered your entire life, its a part of life. drama, insults and the like is a part of everyday life. thats what happens when you put a bunch of people from all walks of life in a small area.

i dont even go into wc much anymore , when i do if it gets bad i do something really strange..... I leave. thats a odd concept i know. imagine that, when someone sees something they dont like, they remove themselves from the area. shocking

leaving the world chat isnt a fix cause bad things still happen there its like try hide the dirt under the carpet but guess what dirt is still there looking or not looking wc :) 

10 minutes ago, Aliviax said:

ross paid WC isnt to control its to limit and even to eliminate those bad behaviors and even if they exist now it wont be free those spammers drama will pay all the rest 3dxchat comunity game updates ...this is beneficial for everyone except spammers drama ppl 

just think about it most room spammers will stop spam cause they will have to pay and they have 2 choices pay to spam or pay to top their room meaning less spam and ofc paying rest ppl updates 

What makes you think that it will lead to more updates? You think that Gizmo and Lisa will start work more because people started to buy more xgold? Or you sure that they will hire employees to work? I think you are too optimistic, to the point of being naive.

1 minute ago, Xizl said:

What makes you think that it will lead to more updates? You think that Gizmo and Lisa will start work more because people started to buy more xgold? Or you sure that they will hire employees to work? I think you are too optimistic, to the point of being naive.

Xizi whatever might be the case it comes down to spammers drama do it free or limit them by a paid WC that im pretty sure it will realy limit them .

i cant think of anyother idea that will help kill spam kill dram on wc 

do you have any other idea ?

34 minutes ago, Xizl said:

don't bother whit them. they have shown agien an agien here on the forums. that they think the best way to solve any problem in the game is trowing more money at it.

a simple solution to any chat in any games. have allwayes been either remove the chat. witch benefits none. or moderation.

pure an simple moderation....

8 minutes ago, fantasykitten said:

don't bother whit them. they have shown agien an agien here on the forums. that they think the best way to solve any problem in the game is trowing more money at it.

a simple solution to any chat in any games. have allwayes been either remove the chat. witch benefits none. or moderation.

pure an simple moderation....

So you idea is devs pay minimumextra  3 new ppl to moderate that cancer wc ..by cancer i mean ..its not a laid back work lol moderator has to be always on toe there haha

not gonna happen lets be realistic ..

lemme ask you this why you dont like trolls and spammers and drama people to pay ?

i mean if you arent one of those categories you shouldnt care if spammers drama ppl and trolls pay to chat there ?

I dont realy understand 

1 hour ago, Aliviax said:

do you have any other idea ?

Yeah, increase time of delay even more. 120 sec or something. Make it barely possible to actually chat in world chat and leave it open for slow advertisement of different kinds, questions from newbies, people searching.

Edited by Xizl

Here's the thing. WC, to me is the chat box that opens when I first login and when I close another chat. Occasionally, I see someone I know and say hi, give a rose and pop into the room or pm chat. 

My point is, unless you want to have a conversation in WC, then why care about the "spam" or drama there. My feeling is if YOU know what goes on in WC and you choose to still go there... then what are you expecting?

The advertising of rooms doesn't bother me, I'll be the first to admit I have done it. I do think people go about it wrong, but if it didn't help generate population, then people wouldn't have an incentive to do it. 

I really don't see why it is an issue, unless people want to make it an issue. I'm too busy giving roses and having fun with friends in the rooms I go to than pay attention to the BS in WC. 

And yet, my hypocrisy shows, because here I am posting about it. 

Edited by panCDCA
spelling

1 hour ago, Xizl said:

Yeah, increase time of delay even more. 120 sec or something. Make it barely possible to actually chat in world chat and leave it open for slow advertisement of different kinds, questions from newbies, people searching.

2 mins delay not bad also but as we saw last days ppl started tell their friends to spam for them ^^ 

So A person spam now room A B person spam again room A after few seconds etc etc etc lol

3 mins delay or 600 letters per day for wc is another idea kinda  ish 

This feature should be placed on the server side to avoid hackers at first. 60 seconds is okay in my opinion. We can chat, we can think before writings(yes, to think about self behavior too), we can read. What's the point of communicating if the chat runs faster than Flash Gordon? People didn't have time to read the answer. In the evening it`s just a hell and worthless at all. Was it cool for any communication? For ones who loves to attack newbies with their 1 message per second, yes. For those who communicate with respect for each other, this feature is okay.

PS: Don`t blame me that I supported yalun`s opinion about 60 sec delay. Maybe today you see him aggressive or anything else sometimes, but this guy was attacked the same way in our world chat by assholes at his start. Before any judgment, learn the facts. Evil begets evil.

Wilps theres 2 sides to everytings and those willing to take a look will realize this.

Sure WC fo most of us is a place that is usualleh filled with conflict and peeps just trying ta show off, making up fo their short comings and frustrations in real life and go there to vent, bolster themselves ups and feel like they are actualleh successful at something. Dis is how some peeps compete, eets a sport fo thems and those that participate in "tha sport" of trolling are fair game fo tha troller, which is fair as far as im concerned. 

Too many times a Troll will be vying fo top spot in WC to be tha center of attention, and you always see peeps getting sucked in and playing along. They cant hilp themselves but react and dis is Troll food. So whos ta blame? Without one tha other wouldn't exist, a Troll needs an audience and tha audience needs a spectacle.

Most of us from what ive seen don't like this going on and most of us don't participate but some do and eets their choice.

Freedom of speech is important, eet is tha foundation of Democracy and should be protected at all cost.

WC is a prime example of eet, we may not like wot peeps say and we can respond, hence play tha game or we can ignore and go somewhere else.

Ah basically never go to WC because all ah see is tha peeps ah have described, but do ah have tha right ta tell them what to say? No ah don't but ah have choices, my choices that ah can enact that doesn't affect anyone elses. Dis is wot ah choose.

Pay fo WC, ah dunno, maybeh eet would be a good idea, 60 second timeouts ah tink are good, they slow eet down and avoid tha spammer filling that Chat with exactleh that, Spam.

At tha end of tha day we all have a choice we can make, participate and fuel eet or not.

Our choices are varied, Ignore, report violations or do not go there. 

Maybeh an option to turn WC OFF might satisfy a lot of peeps or a fee to turn eet on like 300 Gold fo one day and ofc with tha 60 sec delay.

OR leave as is and choose not ta get sucked into eet and occupy ya mind with somtink ya actualleh find fun 😇

And: When I join my own room I do not want to see World Chat anymore, please change or turn back 60 s lock, thank you! Reason: In real live I do not switch to any spam only channel either. I pay for 3DX and do not have any use for spam nore I like it. I expect to be spam free, even it is ingame spam from users. Again thank you for changing soon.

Edited by Feuermond

My thoughts… anytime we ask the Devs to get involved, regardless of intentions or outcome… we are the ones giving up control and power.

Why do we need the Devs to get involved when each of US already possess this power… the power to choose?

WC is what it is…. Which is many things, just not the same to everybody as Allie pointed out. There is NO "unanimous" right or Wrong.

IF you like the content in WC; all the Ads, spicy banter n drama… then hang out, enjoy or even participate. Your choice.

If you’re only interested in using WC as an end to a means… perhaps looking for an answer to a question… give WC a shout out.  There are many experienced, talented, wise and helpful peeps out there listening, just not always chatting. Or perhaps ya wanna know if someone not in your Friends List might be online and where they are… give them a shout out, maybe they’re listening.

And when you no longer have use for WC or never did… with the click of a tab you can escape.  And if that’s not enough, with a quick change to Chatbox settings you can even eliminate WC's notification ping. GONE, no WC.

Again, when WE keep the power… we get to choose. But as soon as we give it up… we don’t.

Everything… comes with a cost.

PS.... BIG sorry to @Feuermond for stepping on your post so quickly, was just finishing up my verbose post when ya beat me to it. :rolleyes:

3 minutes ago, Kaitlyn1989 said:

Or perhaps ya wanna know if someone not in your Friends List might be online and where they are… give them a shout out, maybe they’re listening.

Maybe they are listening, but will never catch a message while it runs one mile per second by tens chatters and tens advertisers. For ones who a little bit blind. This feature works not only against spam.

PS: There are some people, in  the world chat, who don`t know what in-game chat spam is. Unfortunately.

27 minutes ago, Ross the RoberT said:

next they need a one avi and one account per person rule  and most of the game issues will be solved.

Ah tink this would solve many probs we have in tha game but at tha same time there are peeps in game who use alts and can do so without causing any drams to anyone. This issue has been talked about soooo many times and meows with tha new Account Ignore System which has magnified tha problem side of this feature.

Do we penalize everyone fo a number of peeps who misuse this option? Or has this option become such a problem and negative to tha game that removing eet is tha onleh way to balance things out. Dis is tha question.

All these tings are linked and eet comes down to tha player, to how WC is used and how Alts are used.

Personally ah don't tink tha Devs will ever remove them because they are a money generating feature and fo balanced peeps they can come in handy for a number of scenarios that dunn need explaining.

Ah also believes that tha Game Account and Forum Account be linked and limited to just one. A 3 strike system implemented to your Forum Account and some accountability injected in to this place. As far as those peeps who dunn play tha game but like ta talk about eet in here "Tha forum" then your accounts should be Guest Accounts limited in function and access. Fo peeps who UnSub from tha game then that should also include your Forum Account and on completion of an UnSub your Forum Account becomes a Guest Account with tha described limitations.

Accountability! Dis is a BIG problem, in Game, in Forum and there are too many options fo tha person trying ta sidestep responsibility fo their actions, speech and Gameplay habits.

Dis is mah opinion. Anyhoots, like a good frand of mine says..."Play like a Champion".....\o/ 🥳

7 minutes ago, Ross the RoberT said:

all kinds of people are in forums who have never played the game. which is why polls and such are meaningless. I agree that some have alts that are innocent, just ;like some who chat in wc are innocent. The problem is you get people who think because they dont like or use something, it shouldnt be there.

True..so wot do we do, remove tha peeps or tha options?

Limit non players in the Forum to certain areas, Tha Guest Zone im guessing and fo those who want options banned/removed then 20 lashes in Sins and a pelting of any old spare fruit or Veg we may have on us 😋

Edited by Alliehotass
Freedom of Speech :P

Just now, Ross the RoberT said:

you could get rid of wc, remove it and then they would bitch that local is bad . people just like to complain.  they like to say "i pay good money for this". guess what, so does everyone else, it doesnt make you special.

Heheheheh  but...but im speciaaaaals  Deeeerpsth 😋😛🚍

It's just another band-aid in a game covered in band-aids, I would even go as far as saying it has band-aids over the top of other band-aids. 

The devs are constantly looking for and using easy to apply cheap fixes for problems that often create other problems when applied and have been doing so for years. So much so that the game is now full of resolves that not only do not really take care of the problem it is meant to but also have created other problems. 

People have cried out for moderation as it is so badly needed, the report system is far to slow and after the changes made to the ignore system has become very much useless. People know all they have to do is create and alt, do what ever harm they want, then delete the alt and the report system can't do anything to them.

I said earlier in this thread that the game needs to employ one of the professional moderating companies that are set up to give rapid 24/7 responses to reports. If they do that then all these band-aids won't be needed. 

Yes it is expensive, one I saw with a quick search charges $8 an hour which would mean around $5,760 a month. That would mean the game would need around 500 players just to pay for it. But how many people do you think have left because of the problems caused by having no real resolve to all these problems. My opinion is that if they did take on professional moderation like that it would very quickly pay for itself. A lot of players that have left would return, others that will have faced problems in the game that will have had them quit would stay. So the cost would be well worth it financially to the devs. It would also free up time for the devs as they would no longer have to try to resolve reports and look for band-aid solutions to problems. It would even go a long way to resolving the problems caused by the changes in the ignore system, like if we had a rapid response to reports then players would think twice before creating alts to cause trouble, as they could no longer hide behind the report system being to slow where deleting the alt allows them to not be found.

Any miss use of WC could be reported and acted on immediately, so if a rule for spamming was applied it would no longer happen, trolls leaving nasty messages in WC could be dealt with and would likely happen far less as they would know that.

Let's be honest: before this patch WC was used only for ads or fast, technical questions and noone cares about it. Now, "someone" steal your freedom, so you cry about it and since this path, WC is really spamed only to show, how you hate when someone take away something yours. Uselees but still yours. Change my mind.

17 minutes ago, cichy96 said:

Let's be honest: before this patch WC was used only for ads or fast, technical questions and noone cares about it. Now, "someone" steal your freedom, so you cry about it and since this path, WC is really spamed only to show, how you hate when someone take away something yours. Uselees but still yours. Change my mind.

WC use to be great and a lot of fun, there were constant real conversations where lots of people would join in and got to know others they had never met before. It was used constantly and gave access to new players to be able to meet people. I for one use to love it but I do agree did not use it for a long time because of the way it had changed. But that doesn't mean that it can't be great again. If correct measures were put in place then it could go back to what it use to be.

Edited by Twiggy

On 2/14/2020 at 7:36 AM, Twiggy said:

Not sure how to feel about this. I use to love WC when it was actually that, a world chat. It hasn't been like that for years though. 

This seems to be a pretty drastic measure though and admitting that it can really no longer be used as a world chat, more so now it will be a world info type thing. If it was done to try stop spamming room ads then I think they have made a mistake as that will now be about all it is used for, every 60 seconds. If it was done because of the trolls I think now they will still get in there with nasty messages and because the usual can now no longer go on in there it will often drift into local chats. ie, a troll leaves a nasty message in WC and the person who it was focussed at then finds the person who left it and replies in local chat.

What is needed, not only for WC but for the whole game, is a faster report system. One where the report can be acted upon often immediately. And that can be done through companies that are on the Internet set up to be able to do so. They do it for multiple games so it is not employing someone full time but paying for a service to be able to act when needed 24/7. That will put a stop to the trolls and with a time rule on spamming ads will stop the spamming. It will also stop lots of other bull shit things that go on in the game.

Just to remind people what I said when everyone else was saying how great it was.

3 hours ago, Ross the RoberT said:

whats going to happen is the wc trolls are going to get bored and start going in local public chats and cause trouble. with no boot option lets see how many  freak the fuck out when that happens. every action has a reaction

tenor.gif.104b111aafce43143225cb3dfb37ad36.gif

Baaaahahahahaaaa Best GIF evaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa!!!!

Prolleh troo.

giphy.gif

7 hours ago, Twiggy said:

People know all they have to do is create and alt, do what ever harm they want, then delete the alt and the report system can't do anything to them.

Why so? Maybe no one use report. Is there a problem to check the logs and find the account connected with the last created character names?

7 hours ago, Twiggy said:

The devs are constantly looking for and using easy to apply cheap fixes

People asked something for a world chat, devs gave it. More problems with bugs today.