3DXChat Community

Model for creating new items?

Nekonya

Not sure I posted this in the correct part of the forums, so please move it if it is in the wrong place.

Is there a place to get a copy of the ingame character and/or rigs for making mods and items (clothes, etc.)?

I am slowly learning how to use Blender and having something specific I want to work on would make learning it a lot easier.

Thanks.

9 hours ago, Nekonya said:

Not sure I posted this in the correct part of the forums, so please move it if it is in the wrong place.

Is there a place to get a copy of the ingame character and/or rigs for making mods and items (clothes, etc.)?

I am slowly learning how to use Blender and having something specific I want to work on would make learning it a lot easier.

Thanks.

you can get the tattoo dev kit that conatins the Obj file >>>then on blender click import click wavefront and start creating :) 

create a high poly of ur idea and then DM lisa on ger discords she if she likes it etc or even tell you what to correct etc :) 

happy creations ❤️

ps current obj dont have a head if you want to make hair ask for a full one :) 

I tried repeatedly to open those .obj files in Blender with no success. Blender doesn't even see the files in my download folder. Made sure to unpack them first, so that isn't the issue. After repeated Google searches on "how to open .obj files in Blender" and "can't open .obj file in Blender" and making sure any issues they point out were not the problem, I am no closer to getting these files to open. 

I can, however, get them to open in Unity. But since I know less about Unity than I do about Blender, that really isn't a big help.

Any suggestions?

Edited by Nekonya
Additional info.

That is exactly what I did. It won't see the files in the folder they are in. Tried several times before even looking on google to try to figure out why Blender wasn't even seeing the files. The only hit I got was the .obj add-on not being installed or turned off, but that wasn't the case.

Just to see, I tried opening the .obj files in Blender 2.79. They opened just fine, so it is something with my Blender 2.81 install. At least I have the files open now so I can start learning how to make tattoos, etc. for 3DX. Will have to keep looking to figure out why it won't open in 2.81.

8 hours ago, Nekonya said:

Just to see, I tried opening the .obj files in Blender 2.79. They opened just fine, so it is something with my Blender 2.81 install. At least I have the files open now so I can start learning how to make tattoos, etc. for 3DX. Will have to keep looking to figure out why it won't open in 2.81.

listen i have blender 2.81a and 2.83 and in both version the obj files open ok so im sure its something wrong on ur end ...

try download 2.83 version as it comes with a cloth sculpt brush that does real time physics simulations  made fo clothes :) 

Ps im telling people that blender is The future :) 

second Ps you can open the obj file on photoshop and do tattoos there also :)