3DXChat Community

Vanishing from Friends-List

AlexaDarkness

Does anyone know if there is any glitch or bug that would remove random contacts from my Friend-List..?

Until recently I was in SwingSet, which is run by JamieSweet, but due to Real-Life issues, she handed over control of her account to DianaPrince & IamTrouble as proxies in her absence.

Then shortly after, I lost JamieSweet from my Friends-List.  Both deny kicking me from JamieSweet's Friends-List, so I want to know, is there any glitch or bug that would remove me, or is one of them lying about kicking me..?

I have heard others have had issues with their friends list.

Recently someone who I do not remember having on my friends list was very upset thinking I had added them to ignore.
Apparently they had  me on their friends list but their name did not show on my own.
I had spent several days trying to track them down because I wanted to talk to them and they were not in my list.
Then a mutual friend contacted me saying this person was upset that I had iggied her because when she tried to look at my profile in her friends list it "unable to view this profile" which is what you would get trying to view someone who had iggied you.

If someone iggies you though, I do not believe they would show up in your friends list at all so there was definitely a glitch.
In my case I suspect she had tried friending me and somehow it was successful on her end but not on mine.
This kind of thing leads to hurt feelings.  She was very upset and no matter how much I assured her that I had not iggied her and even provided a screen shot of my ignore list she has not spoken to me since.

So yes, I think there are bugs that can screw with your friends list and it's important not to jump to conclusions.  Some people love drama and play games messing with others but sometimes it is really a bug or miscommunication.

Oh... in my case I had this person on my friends-list for months.. So I kind of reacted badly, thinking that one of the proxies who was looking after my friends account, had kicked me.  So as a consequence I have not just lost my friend, but most of my friends who sided with the proxies.

Of course, one of the proxies went a bit far following accusation that they kicked me from my friends contacts... 

I got my answer now and... what you just did means that you will get a taste of your own medicine.

You are emotional and impulsive and you blamed others for it. Now... better prepare yourself for the worst.  

Samething happened to me recently. I was just with a friend. After she left, I wasn't able to see her profile anymore and upon looking she was now on my iggy list without me doing anything.

I un-iggyed her. Since then I believe she can't see my profile but remain on my friend's list.

I will have to check if this is still the case.

I think most often it happens because you click "Delete friend" in the context menu of the PM chat. It will just do that without any warning and asking if you are sure like it does when you delete a friend out of his profile.

Anyway: By chance I found the database is not really consistent. I once had 2 friends who have been married, let’s call them Bob and Alice. Then the time came, when Bob deleted his Ava, no more Bob was in 3DX. In Alice’s profile there still was to read she is married to Bob and when you clicked on Bob it said: Deleted profile.

So far it was fine. Now it appeared that another player created a new Ava named Bob. This new Bob was not married which is correct and expected. In Alice’s profile she was still married to her Bob but when you know clicked on Bob in Alice’s profile it jumped right to the profile of the new Bob. Remember: The new Bob was not married to Alice. That’s a typical mal design of a database in this case unique or even primary keys can re-occur if deleted or the relation is build up by names instead of automatically incrementing ID’s meaning the first would have had another ID then the second Bob so the link out of Alice’s profile could still have pointed into the void because pointing not to the name Bob but to the ID the first Bob had.

In consequence this means I observed not consistent linked datasets. Adding the fact that during updates already ignore list got lost and the profiles have been messed up I assume a pretty high chance the described not by a player triggered unfriending can really happen due to system bugs.

I had heard JamieSweet complain about that same ‘glitch’ before. 
Due to her Friends List being the SwingSet Members list it was at 800+ people and she said she would randomly lose one or two each week or so. 
With no input from her end.  
I figured it was just the game server / database fucking up. 

I was one of those friends on JamieSweet friendslist… 

https://twitter.com/MnFLadyAlexa/status/1223935787126919168

Now the person I blamed for kicking me off JamieSweet friends list, is blaming me for the glitch... but sadly I reacted badly to that and went full counter-attack mode.   considering one of the punishments IamTrouble placed on me, was that all my friends in White Breeze ignore me.

Edited by MnFLadyAlexa

On 2/2/2020 at 3:09 PM, MnFLadyAlexa said:

Now the person I blamed for kicking me off JamieSweet friends list, is blaming me for the glitch... but sadly I reacted badly to that and went full counter-attack mode.   considering one of the punishments IamTrouble placed on me, was that all my friends in White Breeze ignore me.

I had and I have sometimes the same bug. It is not good that people do conclusions without an adequate dialogue first. I hope that @IamTrouble and your friends will see the thread and you all will be okay. Have a good one.