3DXChat Community

Why does game need reloaded every time on my PC?

panCDCA

Every now and then I play on my PC and every time it takes at least an hour to download the game and get it running. Before the last update I never had this issue. I have even tried different drives and it is downloading and the full game looks to have been loaded all the files match my laptop BUT.... it won't run. I do like it on my PC (i5 6400, RX580, 16GBRam) because it much more powerful than my laptop (i58250u integrated with Intel Optane, 8GBRAM). 

Edited by panCDCA

On 1/23/2020 at 5:21 AM, MUGSY100 said:

The download does not depend on your PC, but how fast your connection is.

I'm steady at over 100mbps. I have no issue on my laptop which runs off the same internet. It's just the PC. 
image.png.a77b5e0f5df0ffd8b051b1ff0ce3f472.png

Sorry I gave this answer, why did you write that every time you download the game. I don't understand why you download the game every time and then I install it again? This uses too much CPU! If you only have a problem with the game, put the settings as low as possible and remove almost all the ticks. Sometimes it downloads new patches. I have not written anything about the stability of the connection! I had written about the speed and it doesn't seem little 100 MBPS. Try installing more memory! Maybe it gets better if you install more memory and won't use too much CPU. But never have I heard that it takes 1 hour to download a few Kigabytes. 

But an i5 like CPU today is very scarce to play on every game. Sometimes it helps to increase memory! Maybe try installing WIN 10! Maybe you've installed too many photos and data as well. How much space do you still have on the Harddisk?

5 hours ago, MUGSY100 said:

Sorry I gave this answer, why did you write that every time you download the game. I don't understand why you download the game every time and then I install it again? This uses too much CPU! If you only have a problem with the game, put the settings as low as possible and remove almost all the ticks. Sometimes it downloads new patches. I have not written anything about the stability of the connection! I had written about the speed and it doesn't seem little 100 MBPS. Try installing more memory! Maybe it gets better if you install more memory and won't use too much CPU. But never have I heard that it takes 1 hour to download a few Kigabytes. 

But an i5 like CPU today is very scarce to play on every game. Sometimes it helps to increase memory! Maybe try installing WIN 10! Maybe you've installed too many photos and data as well. How much space do you still have on the Harddisk?

I have 16MB RAM, an i5 6600 CPU is not a junk CPU, i have over 11TB of starage (around 9.9TB free, 7 of which is SSD), I'm on Win10, and the game once loaded runs fine, it just seems to not accept updates and won't run, like my much weaker laptop, will update and then run the game, without any issues. My PC won't even run the game, it'll open then close. Yje reason it takes an hour isn't downloading the update so to speak, it is getting the game deleted then downloading it from the website all over again, it takes several attempts. 

Anyway, it's the only game I have this issue with and thought maybe someone else has dealt with it or had a similar issue and could tell me what to do. Thankfully, all the MODZ rooms I have added are in my laptop and on a thumb drive so they are safe (sadly, I have lost my one and only build through all of this, but, I can rebuild Area 51...lol).