3DXChat Community

Memorial Event for Firewood

lisafelicia

3 minutes ago, RobPathfinder said:

This sucks.. I have been here in 3DX for a while. Woody started opening a country club when we were still using tables for floors.. Of the few times I was in the same room with him, he struck me as a nice guy.. 

He truly was.  I was deeply saddened when his son texted me with the news.  He'd been ill for a good while but doing better recently.  He was a fighter but his strength gave out.

Thank you to all the DJ's and the special night of country we spent to remember our friend and bro - Lefty. Some of the tributes were truely moving and left Brandiwine & I verklempt. Although we could not be with you in 3DX, we listened as long as we could, time zones permitting, to the DJ's who kindly allowed us their web link. 

Special thanks go out to xCarrie & Randy who made it all possible.

The wreath Randy made was very touching and a beautiful addition to Lefty & Carrie's "Gone Country" Room.

I know Lefty was looking down last night, enjoying every moment.

RIP Lefty. You will be missed and remembered often.

Here is a collage I made of the night from pics people kindly sent to me and special times we spent with him.  I hope you like all it.

Thank you to everyone for including us. 

C2Tf6i6.jpg

I was both humbled and honored to be asked to participate  in the DJ line up and play music as tribute to a very fine, honorable and kind man. It was hard to contain my emotions, and yes, I cried while I played.. But to be honest? I know Woody understood it every bit. I think he was there , the angel presence in our midst because I sure could feel the love and comeraderie his spirit and warmth encouraged. As it was often said, He is not gone, as he lives on through our memories and the angel in heaven teaching them all about country and singing it to the choirs. We have all been blessed richly who knew him and called him "friend". He was doing "country" in 3DX before Country was considered "cool" His room was the very first Country Room I ever saw and loved it so much. I owe that man alot for the encouragement in my early days as a DJ and for the encouragement to continue to build and make Honeyville, my country and Western "town" room. He thought it was great. And he was one of the first I showed it to before it was totally finished. So many great memories with that guy.. And he would not wish anyone to be sad, or cry at his passing....This was also said... He was more the type to Celebrate Life and have no regrets. So to him. A Toast to his Life.. He was truly a Gentleman Cowboy. RIP Woody. 

"We were blessed to know the man Lefty was both in and out of game. He was a man of great integrity with a heart that endured pain in silence. He had a spirit we should all try to emulate. He often took the backseat but was quite capable of driving when he wanted to. He was kind and funny with a strong sense of right and wrong, often championing his close friends. And he loved his country music. We are proud to have known him and am proud he was our friend. We will miss him. God Bless you Lefty. With much love and sorrowful hearts, Vaughan and Brandi"

• 4 weeks later...