3DXChat Community

How To Make tattoos 2 methods easy peasy

Aliviax

hello everyone ,

The Dev kit how to use it (no UV maps)

Starter Method 

For those  that have got used to work with UV maps only        

This Time I will Show you how to make tattoos in 3 easy steps :) (will provide pics also )

1) open photoshop >>file>>open and load the UV maps That i have shown you in the other thread how you can export it :) 

again file >>open and load your lovely  design you have made >>click window >>arrange >>>tile all verticaly So you can see both same time

2) make a dublicate layer of ur design just in case then ctrl +T to free trasnform and scale the design in ur desire size to fit the area that you will place it then with move tool shortcut (v) move it to the other window look pic 3 and apply it you can open designs on photoshop and keep doing same and apply them in the areas you want :)

3) When you are ready just hide the layer with the UV map and save ur work as png and yayyyyyyy you are ready to submit ur lovely tattoo :) 

Ps This Is Method 1 there are many other methods to make tattoos but this is the most easy one for the general people and to get started :)

Hope you find this thread helpful :) if this thread helped you subscribe like share ....lol wrong line this is for youtube hahaha

anyways Goooooo now and createeeee awesome stuff for our awesome Game :) 

Later i will show you other methods also a lil more advance till then happy creations everyone 

1 Make tattoos.png

2 Make tattoos.png

3 Make tattoos.png

4 Make tattoos.png

5 Make tattoos.png

6 Make tattoos.png

Edited by Aliviax

5 minutes ago, Mar Mohan said:

The link is provided by Lisa in a file on Discord.

Dear Mar tattoo Dev kit provides a Obj file not UV maps and although if ur a lil advance u can work with that ,newer people dont know so providing the UV maps makes it easier ^^

Edited by Aliviax

1 minute ago, Mar Mohan said:

If they're a creator most would know. :D

well the goal is to make it easier for everyone and its realy fun for people starting do stuff and creating 

example i wasnt a dj before i come here then slowly started to learn etc and i was enjoying djing :) 

same with tattoos now people might not know the ways but its not hard to learn and start do stuff and have fun :) 

Not to mention the more people make cool stuff the more updates players will get hehehe all happy :) 

1 minute ago, Cassey said:

Thank you for the MAP Alivia,

If this is a problem I won't use it. Alivia didn't post the .obj, and I had sent a message to Lisa a little while ago about getting access, if allowed. No drama for me, delete what I said. lol

You have to catch Lisa on Discord as you'll get a response on there sooner than here.  It's not an issue but it's a basic UV map.  I added the link that was provided by Lisa on Discord because that's what the Devs gave users to use for tattoos.

2 hours ago, Cassey said:

Hi Alivia!

Where can I download or request the UV MAPs?

Cassey

Cobra extracted them several weeks ago for me.  Shh......

Alivia's directions are right, but the scale is off I think. 'Sweet bites' would be huge on the avi. Not knocking her examples, damn fine ones. Just that we need to be able to apply these to the avi's in world to check for scaling, look etc.. like we can in older worlds. Size does matter.

Women:

zb5WL3h.jpg

Men

MOG9mHA.jpg

Edited by THX

7 hours ago, THX said:

Cobra extracted them several weeks ago for me.  Shh......

Alivia's directions are right, but the scale is off I think. 'Sweet bites' would be huge on the avi. Not knocking her examples, damn fine ones. Just that we need to be able to apply these to the avi's in world to check for scaling, look etc.. like we can in older worlds. Size does matter.

Hehehe scale seems off 2 reasons sweet bites never meant to be on the actual tattoo its just the tattoo name :) also example pics are on 1024 uv maps i have made 3 different diamensions for different uses 2048-1024 -512.

Also Later  with The New more advance guide on how to make tattoos you will see that you dont realy need to check live you scale.

Devs had their reasons in giving the Obj file :).

Its Time For Method 2 as i promised this Method you Dont Need the UV maps 😁

Devs Knew and gave us Obj file cause you dont realy need the maps .

The method ill show you ..you apply the tattoos you have design directly into the OBJ and as you do that its created a tattoo UV map representation  if you will directly :) 

here how i will be providing pics also  :

1) open you tattoo designs open the obj file ,now If you are like me i like working with many windows to see everything and it saves me time so click window >>>arrange >>and tile verticaly .

2) 1st important on the obj file layer you will see below the layer textures and below you will see saying ..( ps 3D default -default texture) Double click this and it will open a new layer (this layer will host ur 2D representation tattoo (tattoo uv map if you will ) 

Now again window >>arrange >>tile verticaly so you can see everything as in my pics below 

3) drag ur desired design to the obj file in (screen ) ctrl+t to enter free trasform and swift+alt (hold both while scaling down whatever) Apply it in the area you desire then you will see that layer being created in ur obj layer tab again important right click that layer and from the drop down menu chose merge Down !! after you do this you will see a representation of the tattoo appear in that layer i told you above (that is tattoo UV map representation :) 

4) keep adding designs in the areas you wish >>apply then right click layer >>merge Down  So on and so forth 

5)final step is select the layer we said and make it 2048x2048 save it as png and you are Good to Go yayyyyyyyy

Happy Tattoo creationsssssss everyone ❤️ 

Screenshot_3.png

Screenshot_2.png

Screenshot_1.png

Screenshot_4.png

Screenshot_5.png

Screenshot_6.png

Screenshot_7.png

Screenshot_8.png

Screenshot_9.png

Screenshot_10.png

43 minutes ago, Leeloo said:

The thing in the uv map for men at the bottom under the body map is the penis ? Hmmm... It looks smaller than when we see them nude in game 🤣

with method 2 i have post here there is no need to use Uv maps :) 

...And here a video on how to use The tattoo Dev kit and make tattoos 

happy creations everyone ...

(timelaps) Showcasing how you apply the tattoos on the obj :) and that u dont need any UV maps 

Edited by Aliviax

• 2 weeks later...