3DXChat Community

server maintenance(REBOOT ) Suggestion

Aliviax

Hello Dear Devs  @Gizmo or @Lisa

Many people ingame contact me to Ask about server maintenance every week or every 15 days if possible (reboot )

for better game experience cause some claim they have issues server wise .

If i were to Suggest a day of server reboot i would chose friday early morning Europe time and late night USA time cause its a time with low interest and online ppl at that specific time :) 

why friday ? well Game has the most players during weekends so its best a reboot happens before weekend :) 

Personaly my game run mostly ok and i know we have cool awesome server :) but there are many other ppl having issues :) 

Edited by Aliviax

Server should be getting maintenance at least once per month for stability purposes but truth is that most of annoying issues especially those determined as 'lags' are caused by unoptimized game client, not a server. Most of the time latency is comparable to other online games so it shouldn't be laggy.

3DX requires at least 4 cores CPU with as high clocks as possible for reasonably smooth experience at heavily crowded rooms and 4 cores CPU with 8 logical cores (HT) or better one for the best and smooth framerate. Also more operating memory = better as it tends to eat more than it is necessary comparing to other games. Those are main reasons of frame drops at crowded areas, easy to check because those kind of CPU's are always spiked at nearly 100% of usage in case of 3DXChat. meaning that game hits hardware limits and still wants to take more. Other than that you can run it at max settings even at 10 year old graphic card, it doesn't make any difference as game barely needs any GPU resources and settings other than hq water, shadows & lighting do nearly nothing visually.

This CPU requirement is reasonable due to avatars physics and tons of animations gathered in close range. But it still could be tweaked since not everyone owns high-end class CPU with 6 cores and 12 threads while game client clearly still wasn't tweaked enough to handle crowded rooms. Within safe range of 20-30 people in one area game is running fine without any single issue.

I wish this will happen at some point... perhaps it is a sex game but since community started own social initiatives it would be wise to not forget about that part. It would be helpful for big events, less laggy for sync dancers and generally for crowds trying to have fun.

There has to be a server reboot or at least give the server an hour or less maintenance, the problem with 3dxchat if the server goes down for even 1 hour, you will see many people flood to rage and spam the forums that the server is down, happened multiple times in the past, and mostly bound to happen again if they let the server go as they want to go. So yes a weekly or even a monthly server maintenance is nice to have, just so the game don't blast.

In Linux Operated Servers isn't a reboot mostly needed there are many other options possible to keep the server in a fast performance 😊

The reboot as self is stress for an Linux Server too and it needs a lot resources for the first 1 - 2hours.

To keep a Linux System online for 6 months with high performance and less Load (like after an fresh reboot) is normal and very easy. Just for profound updates I prefer reboots.

Edited by Chilles