3DXChat Community

JaPan Productions

Pandorra

Hi folks,

Jazz and I would like to reveal our plan for May. We will invite you for some Saturday Night Fever. Though the Event will actually be on Sunday, 23rd of May.
As you might already presume, we are going to fondle your ears with the most famous disco hits from the era 70th to 90th.

DJs for this evening will be Felia, Jazz, I and YOU!

Indeed YOU!

We_want_your_Choice_2.png

If you like to.

Just drop your favourite disco song here (Artist - Title) and we will collect your proposals and include them into a set. And of course you will be named as DJ in the event notice. That goes without saying, doesn't it?

We hope for your participation and a very colorful evening.

Warm regards
Jazz&Pandorra

• 2 weeks later...

That sounds like a real blast.. I take the liberty to be the first to post some proposals.

As the 70s and early 80s were the golden era of Disco there is plenty to choose from but here are some of my favourites:

Bee Gees - Stayin Alive
Olivia Newton & John Travolta -  The one that I love
Boney M - Daddy Cool
Weather Girls - It's Raining Men
Abba - Dancing Queen
Boney M - Rasputin
Eruption - One Way Ticket
Bonnie Tyler - Holding Out For A Hero
Whitney Houston - I Wanna Dance With Somebody
Laura Branigan - Gloria
The Jacksons - Blame It On the Boogie
Abba - Waterloo
The Pointer Sisters - I'm So Excited
The Trammps - Disco Inferno
Earth, Wind & Fire - September
The Jackson 5 - I Want You Back
Santa Esmeralda - Don't Let Me Be Misunderstood
Cindy Lauper - Girl want to have fun
Sabrina - Boys

As for the 90s, a lot has changed and music "evolved".
I don't know if you still can call it DISCO but here are some iconic dance songs from the 90s which should entertain us all I hope :)

La Bouche - Be My Lover
Venga Boys - Boom Boom Boom Boom
Backstreet Boys- Backstreets Back
Ricky Martin - Livin La Vida Loca
Culture Club - Charma  Chameleon
2 Unlimited - No Limit
Lou Bega - Mambo No 5
and of course
Rick Astley - Never Gonna Give You Up

• 3 weeks later...

Hi folks,

we invite you to a brand new location of ours. On Sunday we'll open Disco Blue for the very first time. Besides being a Grand Opening, which in itself is so very special already, we are proud to announce the premier of a very new Star on the DJ Skys.

HannaS will be on the turn tables for the very first time. Please help, to give her a very warm welcome.

Disco_Blue_23_Mai_2021_5_MB.jpg

See you there.

regards

Jazz&Pan

• 5 weeks later...

Hi folks,

we quit.

It had been fun and we like to thank all who supported us during the past years. We sincerely hope we managed to give you some pleasent moments at our venues. Jazz and I can ensure you, we had.

But since we don't have that fun anymore, it's time to close the curtain. There are several reasons for it, we won't discuss here nor anywhere. Only one thing, which did really discourage us a lot, I'm gonna mention here.

This is directly connected with the way the locations are listed now @Gizmo . Probably it is gaining some bucks, uh? But from our point of view it has a harmful side effect.

Besides we already payed for our subscription
Besides we put our efforts into building our locations
Besides we pay for a stream server (most cases something relyable with broadwith, quality and unlimited listeners comes not for free)
Besides we put efforts into engaging dancers, DJs, yadda yadda yadda

And besides all this we should pay in addition XGold to get on top and noticed?

Haha, yeah of course!

Get yourself other suckers, we are out. Certainly every day a dumb one rises and we guess it pays off for you. However, it won't be the brightest idea on the long run, as we consider it. A good friend of ours did already quit month ago and now our time has come to say no more. The dumb ones rising tomorrow won't be us again.

I wanna be damned if I ever again pay 300 for a crown under this circumstances.

We don't have any hope that things may change to the better again, since a nice rally of groups established, who are throwing crowns like confetti on a 4th July parade and we suggest it pays well?
But Jazz and I won't.

Our friend was not the first to resign and we won't be the last, we are convinced.

We tell you, what this will most probably lead to. Go downtown and have a look around. What do you see?
We know already what you'll see, not even knowing where you live.
But we can tell you nevertheless.
You see McDonalds, Mango, Zara, Douglas, Starbucks, IKEA and so on and so forth. Different city, same crap. Variety, individualism, uniquity died.

It will be the same here, since this system makes it too harsh for tiny independend groups or individuals to compete with the "companies".

So what?
There are so many, who consider currywurst a meal, so nothing for you to worry about, right?
Right!
If fish fingers are fish enough, one may pretty well give a shit about the oceans.

Doesn't matter anyway, that's just our 2 cents.

Perhaps here and then we'll open one of our clubs and play some tunes. If you like, have a look at the lower part of the locations list. You'd be cordially welcome. Especially if you like to listen to tunes, which aren't played too often elsewhere. EDM free zone, promised!
So far Jazz and I are done with putting any more efforts in organizing events.

regards
Jazz and Pandorra

Edited by Pandorra

I want to personally thank both you and Jazz for everything you've done for me, for the groups we belonged to with one another, and for just being the shining light in this fogged up darker world we are becoming.  I'm sure going to miss you both - the hugs - the creativity - the music - and the love!  ❤️   Enjoy life together and hope we can cross paths again......much love!

On 6/29/2021 at 5:30 PM, Eyleen said:

Totally agreed, this system of organizing the rooms truly invites you to seek other horizons outside of 3dx. There is no more to say.

The system of room organizing grants a fair chance for everyone to promote his room to the top. The other way, with always the rooms with the most visitors on top, leads to only the big ones survive, to excactly this:

You see McDonalds, Mango, Zara, Douglas, Starbucks, IKEA and so on and so forth. Different city, same crap. Variety, individualism, uniquity died.

So long all.

Edited by Feuermond

Well, the present situation breaks down to one rule: the more you pay, the more attention you get. Considering this a good system is also telling a lot.

Making observations (gathering data) is one thing, drawing conclusion is still another. It is also true, that not everyone interprets everything the same way and therefore different people come to different conclusions even while based on the same observations.

Anyhow, now it works actually the way, that the more you pay the more attention you raise.

Systems like this work like Monopoly. If money is the only adjusting screw, at the end only the biggest fish survives. If you come to different conlusions, welcome. We did come to ours and therefore we quit, 'cos the present rules are no rules we judge as worth while to support. Therefore we take measures and don't go along with it anymore. If we would like to spend our time in a competition race, we would simply go and play Monopoly. But Jazz and I agree that Monopoly is a rather boring and crappy game.

Before it was also counting how well your event was received. If people liked it and stayed it did also matter. This was also not perfect, agree. But perfect solutions are rather rare. Nevertheless, in our humble opinion it still was better than now, where only more crowns and even very very much more crowns count.

Besides this was only one more reason, that triggered our decision, but this is no topic for a forum.

Edited by Pandorra

11 hours ago, Pandorra said:

Well, the present situation breaks down to one rule: the more you pay, the more attention you get. Considering this a good system is also telling a lot.

You know back at the start of 3DX the system was exactly this and everybody was crying when it was changed to have the room ordered by the number of visitors. Now everybody is crying because it is changed back.

And honestly:

Your system

Lets’s say you have 100 visitors, you are on top.

I have 1 visitor, pay 300 XGold too to come on top to be seen.

When antother one pays 300 XGold with your system I fall back at the end of the list because only one room can be promoted.

You get your high ranking for what? For communications and inviting people?

Current System

Lets’s say you have 100 visitors, you are on top.

I have 1 visitor, pay 300 to come on top to be seen.

When antother one pays 300 and I will fall back to the 2nd but not to the very end again

Why should my 300 XGold not be worth the same just because you have 100 visitors and me only 1? You are free to spend 300 XGold too.

What I absolutely I agree too is: The whole system is designed to make people buy XGold for real money. But arguing this way I suggest to scrub room promotion with XGold at all because yes, it is kind of a "P2W" (pay to win),

the previous system: one boosts their room and instantly gets booted down to the bottom of the list in a matter of seconds when another person boosts... only the already filled rooms remain visible while any other newly opened rooms can't stay in the top 10 of the list for mere minutes.

current system: one boosts and gradually descend down the list with each boost made for another room... rooms that are filled don't remain forever at top of the list and newly opened rooms get a chance to stay in the visible portion of the list for a bit of time.

to put it in shorts: 
old system newly opened rooms have to spam boost, while filled rooms have to spend nothing.
current system both type of rooms have to spend to be seen but it defo is at a lower rate than the spam boost battles we used to see.

Imo current system is fairer... but either system will not be efficient with the sheer number of rooms and boosts being thrown now anyways.
from my perspective the main issue is with how the room are listed not with the system of boosting... in the current era of time where population is steadily rising and opened rooms are getting more and more causing the list to go on and on... and everyone wants a chance to get their room noticed, so everyone boosts and person descends down the list very fast to obscurity giving how long one has to scroll down now.

and if we were back to the previous system again it will be worse... filled rooms getting more and more filled and newly opened rooms having to spend 300 gold every 1 second in order to be seen.

but in the end, yeah every one will build their own conclusion based on their own perspective.
and I am sorry to see JaPan go, while I never had the pleasure to be in any of your events I only heard good words about you.

Edited by Anaganda

Pity indeed @Anaganda. You would have been most welcome.

I had the pleasure so see some of your builds "in action" and it was utter fun. I adore your skills of building. Always top notch.

Back to topic, the system is first and foremost made to make ppl throw coins. Everyone has the right to see it differrently, but our conclusion is like that. And we won't, that's up to us and we handle it our way.

At least before the change we have never seen this kinda battles of crown spamming as present days, and we dislike it.

How you handle it, is your way. This was an explanation, not the attempt to missionize anyone. Your coins, therefore you're free to drop 'em where ever you like.

Case closed.

Edited by Pandorra

Sorry to read this. I played for you a while ago and had a ball, saw you the other night as you were closing and loved the room and the music. Sad you’ve taken this decision but completely understand. 

To me it’s a no win situation unless you’re the devs. All about money and it’s taking the fun element away. 

Imagine what people could do RL with the money they spend on X gold. Never understood spending money like that just to keep a room at the top regardless of numbers. 

Agreed that it’s personal choice to boost a room but do the big rooms with say over a hundred people in really need to boost so often? It’s as you say like a running a business now and in a game like 3DX? 

Imagine what you could do RL? 

I don’t compete for numbers there anymore or work for bigger groups. I have my independence and a great bunch people who are amazing. 

I have a small venue, a small dance troupe and we’ve had a ball rehearsing , building music sets and even I have dusted off my building gloves. We’re gonna have fun and let other waste their money on boosting if they so choose. 

Hope you’re both okay and focusing both your talents on things far more rewarding and deserving.

Best wishes,

An old friend. 

Edited by AtticusFinch

5 hours ago, AtticusFinch said:

I have a small venue, a small dance troupe and we’ve had a ball rehearsing , building music sets and even I have dusted off my building gloves. We’re gonna have fun and let other waste their money on boosting if they so choose. 

Thanks for your post @AtticusFinch. To read that we managed to share some good times with others, convinces us, that it was worth while. I quoted a paragraph of yours, as it resembles the conclusions we made.

Take care, stay safe and have a good time.