3DXChat Community

3dx 'locking' high end PC

Misschief

The game periodically (and completely randomly) can 'freeze' my PC.   I will list the spec below:

CPU: Intel I9 9900K (watercooled, not OC'd)

GPU: MSI RTX 2080ti 11GB Ventus

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus V-NAND M.2 500GB SSD (Windows 10, 3dx installed)

RAM: 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz

As you can see, this is massively overkill for a game like 3dx (I play other games eg. Modern Warfare, Destiny 2, WoW, GTA V).  All the games I mentioned are playable on Ultra Settings without issue....yet 3dx can bring this PC to its knees.   It is annoying at best.

It would seem that the higher I crank up the settings (I am currently on Medium, max 30fps), the more likely that the game will lock up on me.  The only way to resolve is hitting the power button to cold boot.

Anyone else had this issue?

Just now, Chilles said:

Does at the lock in screen pop-up the GeForce Experience? 🤔

I mean does your PC use the Nivida Graphics Card for play the game and not the Intel Graphics Card?

I am running latest Nvidia drivers and the 2080ti for the game.   My m/board is the MSI Z390 Tomahawk, which I probably should have mentioned.

1 hour ago, Misschief said:

The game periodically (and completely randomly) can 'freeze' my PC.   I will list the spec below:

GPU: MSI RTX 2080ti 11GB Ventus

SSD: Samsung 970 EVO Plus V-NAND M.2 500GB SSD (Windows 10, 3dx installed)

RAM: 32GB DDR4 Corsair Vengeance LPX 3000MHz

As you can see, this is massively overkill for a game like 3dx (I play other games eg. Modern Warfare, Destiny 2, WoW, GTA V).  All the games I mentioned are playable on Ultra Settings without issue....yet 3dx can bring this PC to its knees.   It is annoying at best.

It would seem that the higher I crank up the settings (I am currently on Medium, max 30fps), the more likely that the game will lock up on me.  The only way to resolve is hitting the power button to cold boot.

Anyone else had this issue?

hello i have i7 6700k cpu asus gtx strix 1070 8gb i run the game in a ssd a kingston 240gb dont remeber exact name also 16 gb ramalso kingston i think 2x8gb windows 10 Os  but 0 issues here i play 10 hours on extreme high settings my cpu reach 64 c but its normal since im with evo 212 air cooler .

what im trying to say is that many times when u install game something might not have sit well and might cause the issues .

i would recomend : uninstall game clean registry and junk files important If u have ccleaner run the registry scan 2 times so u clean all layers :) after you do that download the Newest client again -disable antivirus before u start instalation of the game-when game finish installing make a exception for the whole game on ur antivirus and also set game to run always as admin :)

all this is to avoid instalation get messed up by antivirus etc :)

For me this is the golden method  my game havent crushed since the 64 bit client update arround summer 

infact i have forgot what crush is :) and as i said i play 10 hours on extreme high settings most of the time i spend it in beach that we all know u get way higher tempratures but all is well :)  

1 minute ago, Misschief said:

Thanks for your reply Alivia :)  Yes, I use ccleaner, but never thought to disable my AV/FW during install......didn't think it would make that much of a difference but I will try it.

it will make lol sometimes antivirus mess with instalation 

just do what i said step by step :)

30 minutes ago, Misschief said:

I am running latest Nvidia drivers and the 2080ti for the game.   My m/board is the MSI Z390 Tomahawk, which I probably should have mentioned.

I mean this like in the screenshot 😊

If not, go sure your PC use the Nvidia for play 3dxchat and not the IntelHD.

2019-12-26.png

Right Mouse click at 3DXChat Shortcut---> run with graphics processor...--->Nvidia

Edited by Chilles

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/26/2019 at 4:43 PM, Misschief said:

Hey @Misschief

What is your Motherboard manufacturer? Is it MSI? If yes then please view this topic for a solution https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=327051.0

The problem is: Intel 9th gen CPU with MSI MB can cause BSOD problems. In Unity games especially.
The solution is to set CPU Core Voltage to 1.3V in BIOS.

Learn more here https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=327051.0

5 hours ago, Gizmo said:

Hey @Misschief

What is your Motherboard manufacturer? Is it MSI? If yes then please view this topic for a solution https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=327051.0

The problem is: Intel 9th gen CPU with MSI MB can cause BSOD problems. In Unity games especially.
The solution is to set CPU Core Voltage to 1.3V in BIOS.

Learn more here https://forum-en.msi.com/index.php?topic=327051.0

Btw Gizmo 2 people have issues and cant patch game check this thread :) 

maybe you be able to help them :) 

5 hours ago, RobPathfinder said:

Looks like Achilles and Alivia got it Gizmo.. That is why I love this game, many great people.. 

@RobPathfinder  It seemed okay for a bit but then when I opened my room it happened again.  But you are right about the people, nice to see!

Hoping this BIOS Setting will be the end of it all......testing tonight (fingers crossed) :)

2 hours ago, RobPathfinder said:

Did you build something with 0 thickness? Or is it freezing in all rooms?

Well with this hardware specifications it should run with the best Graphic settings without lag or freezes. The explained issues and solution with the I9 and 9th.Gen Processors would make the most sense 😊

@RobPathfinder  It mainly happens in my own room (thanks @Aliviax :) ).....it is very detailed and usually okay until it gets populated.  The last time it did it, there were 30+ in the room and obviously I ended up kicking them all out when I crashed/froze up.  Only Alivia would know as she built the room so I can't answer the question.

One thing that came to light last night which I have resolved also now is that I was running a customised BIOS with a version number unlike the ones on the MSI website.   I don't normally buy prebuilts but have the latest non-Beta BIOS flashed on now too, with the CPU Voltage set at 1.3v.  All drivers up to date also.    No hiccups yet but I will open on the weekend and see if it holds up. 

Thanks again for all your advice and help with this, it's so annoying.   Let's hope the voltage fix resolves the matter once and for all! :)

Edited by Misschief
Mention O Thickness