3DXChat Community

new patcher

Shady

I had a similiar issue and downloaded the game client again. I just installed it over the existing installation and no issues after that. It was 403 and patched itself to 404 after starting. Clean install would have been my 2nd step. I suppose it was only that patcher.exe was somehow courrupted. It did not start and I got a popup saying, this programm does not work with Win.

I hope you get your problem fixed Lennon.

Merry Christmas

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/25/2019 at 3:26 PM, Charmer said:

Hi, I have a similiar problem. It got stuck in "Downloading the the latest Patcher" section. And I'm trying to update it using a VPN. Any help? Thanks in advance guys!

ss.png

Same Here!!!!!!!!!!!!HHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHelp!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

• 3 weeks later...

Well count me among those who is having issues with patches 404/406.   I could not get what i believe to be patch 406 to unzip.  I deleted the current install and downloaded the game client from the members page.  When it went through several patches but when it got to 406 it would not unzip.  I went into the folder and ran the exe files for the updater and the patcher.  Using patcher.exe I could not get the 404 patch to unzip.  I then followed the advice of Alixiax  -- i created an exception with windows defender and I ram both the 3dxchat.exe and the patcher.exe as an administrator.  Same result.  I pity those have no idea how to complete either of their tasks  -- and do no feel these should be steps paid members should be required to complete before playing the game.  I also suspect that lots of playes of 3dxchat will simply find it frustrating and will spend their time trying to resolve it on their own.  I trust that this issue will be resolved.  How many days of play will i miss before it is done.  Who knows?  Damn it I guess i have to go back to watching the impeachment hearings until this is resolved.

I have resolved this issue  -- persistence has it rewards.  These are the steps I followed:

1) DO NOT use modded DLL from third parties. It's not safe and damages the process of patching.  (not an issue for me as i do not use 3rd party DDLs)

2) Add the patcher to the exception list of your Firewall and Antivirus software.  

3) Run the patcher as administrator
(Right-click on Patcher.exe file and then click Run as Administrator)

If the problem persists, reinstall the game with the latest version:
1) Completely uninstall the game.  -- Previously I had just deleted the folder -- this time i used the uninstall feature of my windows system.
2) Remove the 3DXChat game folder.
3) Clear your registry. See how to do it here.  I feel this may have been the issue.  I suspect doing this alone would have fixed the issue, but if you have this issue and want to fix it I recommend going through the whole  process.
4) Download the installer of the latest game version and install it: Download 3DXChat

Edited by GoodGirlBambi
Solution Found

On 1/25/2020 at 2:26 AM, GoodGirlBambi said:

I have resolved this issue  -- persistence has it rewards.  These are the steps I followed:

1) DO NOT use modded DLL from third parties. It's not safe and damages the process of patching.  (not an issue for me as i do not use 3rd party DDLs)

Wow since when didn't you play ? :) 

Since the game passed in 64bits version, there is no more dll