3DXChat Community

Multiple monitors / 4K TV

jezebara

I recently purchased a 4K TV that I also use as a 3rd monitor.  My two main monitors are monitors proper monitors (not TVs) and are 1920x1080 resolution.  My 4K TV is 3840x2160.  Even if I have 3dx set for 1920x1080, when I drag it to the 4K TV, it theoretically shouldn't fill the screen at 1920x1080, but does, in fact, it fills it beyond its borders, sometimes encompassing all 3 monitors and I have a lot of difficulty getting it back to where I can adjust the settings, windowed, etc, in order to get a usable screen back.  If I can get to the settings and uncheck "windowed," it will fill the screen.  Sometimes I can then get it to run at 3840x1260, but not usually.  Ideally I'd like to have it run at 3840x2160 on the TV, windowed.  I would then understand if I drug it to a lower resolution monitor that it would try and stretch across screens, but I don't understand why dragging a 1920x1080 window to the bigger screen causes problems.

I hope I'm making myself clear - any suggestions?

I can only add that having had a 4K for some time I have never been able to comfortably use it in windows mode and had to use a second standard 1920x1080 monitor, to run both 3dx and many other programs on.  By setting resolution to less than 3840x1260 I can use it providing I also adjust UI settings in 3DX, It does work in non windows mode ok on 4K but I then need to run a second program ( Actual Windows Manager ) to allow for it to stay on screen when I use other monitor.

When I first purchased the 4K and had such difficulties I researched UNITY and at that time they were aware of the problem but no time line to when they would fix it. Never the less 3dx has at least added UI adjustment which many others haven't, because even if you get a 3840x126 resolution in window format without being able to adjust UI the chat boxes etc are too tiny to read or write in. Consequently I run in windows mode on my standard monitor and use the 4k for anything else.