3DXChat Community

Tattoo Designer Kit and UV Maps

THX

First let me say, awesome idea  to open up  community creation. I think serious consideration should be made to add this feature to the game for content creation of all kinds.

One thing I've noticed in the past is the difference some textures look in game as opposed to in 3D software.  Is it possible to provide the 2D UV maps and the ability to create and modify designs so they could be viewed in game like other worlds can?? The ability to create, upload it and view it directly on your avitar?

Sometimes good ideas don't directly transfer and look good - and must be altered or scrapped.

Edited by THX

• 4 weeks later...

DISCORD: 3DXChat Official: 

Lisa20/11/2019

@everyone Hey 3DXChat Community!
If you're a talented artist, you can try creating tattoos for the 3DXChat project.

Requirements:
- Texture format: png with a transparent background;
- Texture size: 2048 x 2048;
- Readability of the texture when downscaling to 1024 x 1024;
- Lack of seams.
- The tattoo design should be completely different in style from already existing tattoos in the game;
- With a new tattoo design, it should be unique and not have elements used from other existing tattoos in the game.

- The distance between the zones has to be more than 20 pixels (islands);
- The tattoo should be divided into 10 zones:
1 Left arm
2 Right arm
3 Left leg
4 Right leg
5 Torso1
6 Torso2
7 Torso3
8 Torso4
9 Torso5
10 Torso6

You can use the following software for drawing:
- Substance Painter
- Mudbox
- Photoshop

You can send your textures to me in PM on Discord:
Lisa#6019

By sending us your tattoo design/s you agree to:
- Give us the exclusive right to use it in the 3DXChat project;
- Not transfer it to third parties.

We are obliged to:
- Display the name of the creator on the release poster;
- A month free of membership for 3DXChat to the creator of a tattoo that is added to the game.

We reserve the right to decide whether or not to include a tattoo design in the game.
I apologize. But I will not respond to any messages about any how-to's or lessons to do this.
Have fun drawing everyone! 

⬇️  ⬇️  ⬇️  ⬇️  ⬇️  ⬇️

& the following was missing, I had to do them myself ...

UVmap 2048x2048 woman:

1576952678-template-f-2048.png

&

UVmap 2048x2048 Man: 

1576952682-template-m-2048.png 

We can't talk on 3DX DISCORD I think it's a shame

😉

• 2 weeks later...
On 12/21/2019 at 2:15 PM, XCobra X said:

DISCORD: 3DXChat Official: 

Lisa20/11/2019

@everyone Hey 3DXChat Community!
If you're a talented artist, you can try creating tattoos for the 3DXChat project.

Requirements:
- Texture format: png with a transparent background;
- Texture size: 2048 x 2048;
- Readability of the texture when downscaling to 1024 x 1024;
- Lack of seams.
- The tattoo design should be completely different in style from already existing tattoos in the game;
- With a new tattoo design, it should be unique and not have elements used from other existing tattoos in the game.

- The distance between the zones has to be more than 20 pixels (islands);
- The tattoo should be divided into 10 zones:
1 Left arm
2 Right arm
3 Left leg
4 Right leg
5 Torso1
6 Torso2
7 Torso3
8 Torso4
9 Torso5
10 Torso6

You can use the following software for drawing:
- Substance Painter
- Mudbox
- Photoshop

You can send your textures to me in PM on Discord:
Lisa#6019

By sending us your tattoo design/s you agree to:
- Give us the exclusive right to use it in the 3DXChat project;
- Not transfer it to third parties.

We are obliged to:
- Display the name of the creator on the release poster;
- A month free of membership for 3DXChat to the creator of a tattoo that is added to the game.

We reserve the right to decide whether or not to include a tattoo design in the game.
I apologize. But I will not respond to any messages about any how-to's or lessons to do this.
Have fun drawing everyone! 

⬇️  ⬇️  ⬇️  ⬇️  ⬇️  ⬇️

& the following was missing, I had to do them myself ...

UVmap 2048x2048 woman:

1576952678-template-f-2048.png

&

UVmap 2048x2048 Man: 

1576952682-template-m-2048.png 

We can't talk on 3DX DISCORD I think it's a shame

😉

Nice :)

Now to be able to upload the UV Map Tats and view in game and see how they are effected by shaders before finalizing them and making them available to all. . :)

Edited by THX

On 1/3/2020 at 1:22 PM, Leeloo said:

this thing seem too hard to use for me :D

It not weasy, but it is like WE the more you bess with it, the more fun it becomes...

1576952678-template-f-2048.jpg

I am by no means a guru, and I expect to be kicked in the teeth by them, but I will try to make a quick example.  That is a 2 D version of a 3 avitar laid out as if it was flat on a table piece of paper. Your avi. Follow me?

Now I am sure yuo can see were boobs, belly button and Vagina are right? now look at the edges of the torso. Pay no attention to the arms and legs that are separate.  focus only on the torso. 

Now see the edges on the left and right side? Imagine they wrap around an oblong object. not a circle. peoples bodies aren't circles, they are longer on the sides than they are thick - ideally. Now imagine the left and right edges side meet in the middle of your avis back. So, like you have a two edges of a  piece of paper, if you take it and bend it till each edge meets.. you have the wrap of how things go around your avi.  you made a 3 Dimensional wrap.

So let's be simple. Say you want a tat near the belly button. off to the right side a bit. if you see a line alongside the right breasts, imagine that running down a real body and becoming your side, under your arm pit etc. You wouldn't want your tat -  if meaning to be small like say a music note,  to go from your belly button to  under your arm right? (remember, we are talking like a small tattoo). It would be too big and not be sexy. So you may only want it a few squares wide on this mesh - maybe off to the right of the belly button a bit.

Cobra's tats are advanced.  but say you wanna start off easy.  for something like this...

dffe10d6853ab96ce5ae69bde765789c.jpg

you find a free use image on the net and put it near the belly button.

With a little practice it becomes that easy. The tough part is scale. look how big it is on her body and imagine how big you would want it on that gree mesh to be the size you want.

Edited by THX

• 1 month later...
  • 3 months later...

How can we preview our custom tattoo in game with a mod?  Is there a mod out there that lets me quickly drop in a texture in a folder, and then see my tattoo in game, even if it's just client side?

3 hours ago, Kliwp said:

How can we preview our custom tattoo in game with a mod?  Is there a mod out there that lets me quickly drop in a texture in a folder, and then see my tattoo in game, even if it's just client side?

in Photoshop, Substance Painter, Mudbox there are 3d models, you draw on them and you do not need to go into the game you will see everything in the program.

you can directly in the program convert 2d scan with tattoo to 3d model

Edited by Manyasha

24 minutes ago, Manyasha said:

and you don't have to crawl into the game files and go through the folders, it's very stupid and a waste of time when you can do everything in the program. 

The point was to have the game engine itself render the texture, so the developers know exactly what it'll look like in game.

You're right though, I could also render in the 3d app itself, but I'd rather have it rendering in the actual game,  then I can take screenshots.

Edited by Kliwp

11 hours ago, Manyasha said:

in Photoshop, Substance Painter, Mudbox there are 3d models, you draw on them and you do not need to go into the game you will see everything in the program.

you can directly in the program convert 2d scan with tattoo to 3d model

Those programs are quite expensive.

Other world's have had the ability to use even free programs such as Gimp and even paint in a in game texture editor. Some for over 15 years.  There are many advantages to this over 3D programs alone. Such as the ability to see how it looks in world lighting and simply upload any 2D changes or fixes and get instant feedback. Adding specular, Bmp, luminosity etc.  maps. The ability to simultaneously add it to a clothing catalogue,  take screenshots, add descriptions of the item....there are numerous advantages 3D Programs alone don't have.

Lack of wardrobe is one of the biggest reasons people leave 3DX. 

Hell, there isn't even an official hassle free link to submit things too. 

Quality control the meshes cause of the impact they can have on the game, but allow artists to texture meshes passing quality control and even create skins for the models. 

Visual quality is in the eyes of the beholder.

Edited by THX

On 6/11/2020 at 6:12 PM, THX said:

Other world's have had the ability to use even free programs such as Gimp and even paint in a in game texture editor. Some for over 15 years.  There are many advantages to this over 3D programs alone. Such as the ability to see how it looks in world lighting and simply upload any 2D changes or fixes and get instant feedback. Adding specular, Bmp, luminosity etc.  maps. The ability to simultaneously add it to a clothing catalogue,  take screenshots, add descriptions of the item....there are numerous advantages 3D Programs alone don't have.

Quality control the meshes cause of the impact they can have on the game, but allow artists to texture meshes passing quality control and even create skins for the models. 

You've created thousands of themes about the same thing, if it all happens in other games, what the hell are you sitting in 3dxchat? Without stopping, you pour dirt on it every day, you can leave it and go somewhere better, what's the problem? Why do you buy a subscription regularly and suffer?🤷‍♀️why? If I don't like something, I don't use it, and especially I won't buy it to leave bad reviews ... I think it's a wild act and has no logic. You've been sitting in 3dxchat for a long time, why do you keep buying a subscription?

Edited by Manyasha

On 6/11/2020 at 8:12 PM, THX said:

GIMP will not give you the features that these programs can give you. If you want to do something, you have to do it well, in those packages that are designed for it. You forgot to mention Blender, it's free and you can texture in it too. About "but allow to texture meshes passing quality control" it's too awful. Nobody wants their dick to fall out of their body during animation. Let's say during a blowjob the penis comes out of the cheek or the lower back during a doggy style. Or nobody wants to see during walking the body textures that come out because the meshes of clothing was not made correctly. Say hello to SL.  So quality control is necessary. Otherwise, we get a game of mediocre quality. One of the reasons why people love our game is the picture we see on the screen. The game is beautiful, so you don't have to demand something that can make it ugly. Don't forget about the optimization. One more reason about control is meshes and textures are controlled by the quality  for optimization. Because in our game a lot of users of laptops with built-in graphics cards. Therefore, high resolution textures and meshes with a large number of polygons are not allowed. And another thing... than trying to make a fuss in each topic, it is better to try something. You'll understand more and more and all the questions will be gone. 

18 minutes ago, Redji said:

GIMP will not give you the features that these programs can give you. If you want to do something, you have to do it well, in those packages that are designed for it. You forgot to mention Blender, it's free and you can texture in it too. About "but allow to texture meshes passing quality control" it's too awful. Nobody wants their dick to fall out of their body during animation. Let's say during a blowjob the penis comes out of the cheek or the lower back during a doggy style. Or nobody wants to see during walking the body textures that come out because the meshes of clothing was not made correctly. Say hello to SL.  So quality control is necessary. Otherwise, we get a game of mediocre quality. One of the reasons why people love our game is the picture we see on the screen. The game is beautiful, so you don't have to demand something that can make it ugly. Don't forget about the optimization. One more reason about control is meshes and textures are controlled by the quality  for optimization. Because in our game a lot of users of laptops with built-in graphics cards. Therefore, high resolution textures and meshes with a large number of polygons are not allowed. And another thing... than trying to make a fuss in each topic, it is better to try something. You'll understand more and more and all the questions will be gone. 

I love Gimp and have used it daily in the past. I have used Blender as well but because it is a much more detailed program it is more difficult. So of course human nature points us to what we know and therefore prefer. I had to laugh about your reference to SL. I had shoes that my toes stuck out of lol. I was told I had bought the wrong size. Wrong size? LOL So yes Quality is much more important than ease of use. 

what you can do with photoshop, you can with Gimp. It is tricky but possible. Quality is not only a question of tools but of the 'artist' too. And I am pretty sure that very few are able to design decent tattoos, clothes or positions (they don't know biology, giggle). 

29 minutes ago, MeiLing said:

what you can do with photoshop, you can with Gimp. It is tricky but possible. Quality is not only a question of tools but of the 'artist' too. And I am pretty sure that very few are able to design decent tattoos, clothes or positions (they don't know biology, giggle). 

Biology?

Dad spends £50K tattooing his whole body and LOVES it – because people  stare at him

70 Incredible Tattoos For Men - Masculine Design Ideas

16 hours ago, Manyasha said:

You've created thousands of themes about the same thing, if it all happens in other games, what the hell are you sitting in 3dxchat? Without stopping, you pour dirt on it every day, you can leave it and go somewhere better, what's the problem? Why do you buy a subscription regularly and suffer?🤷‍♀️why? If I don't like something, I don't use it, and especially I won't buy it to leave bad reviews ... I think it's a wild act and has no logic. You've been sitting in 3dxchat for a long time, why do you keep buying a subscription?

Your babbling is as nonsensical as it is illogical. Identifying a problem is the first step of a solution.

If your want to bury your head in the sand and pretend clothing options and variety isn't desired by the majority of 3DX  -  do so, but don't expect everyone else too along with you.

Unlike yourself I have provided a solution. One that is tried and true in nearly EVERY virtual world and is the top desire of most women. It is also the top reason why ancient older worlds can charge double the subscription cost, have larger customer bases  and users will still pay more for clothing options on top of that even though they haven't seen a new pose in over 8 years. 

Dress up is a huge fantasy for most women. Even more-so than sex.

Edited by THX

On 6/13/2020 at 7:46 AM, Redji said:

I am talking about texturing meshes. I am not talking about CREATING Meshes. I am talking about texturing an apple and you are of making it.  Texturing a mesh will not make someones dick fall out or change the model. LOL  I'm not sure you understand. Gimp will work.

I personally use Photoshop - but many have used GIMP because it is free and they made a real life income from it in other Worlds. Enough to put themselves through University and other things.  I personally have made THOUSANDS of dollars  over the years texturing meshes for hundreds of people.  How much and how many have paid you?  Some things I've made better than others. What is 'good'  is not good in everyone's eyes. Same with World Editor builds. The pants you made being another example of this. Some like them, some don't.  It's in the eye of the beholder.

The textures that can be added to the existing meshes in the closet we have already do not fit the meshes correctly. Are you insinuating that is quality?  If we had  the 2D UV maps to the meshes like we have for the body to make tattoo's, those images could be made to actually fit correctly.  Not only that, but the sky would be the limit to what could be done. Only limited by imagination.

Textures fit.

jgGrkGm.png

c68OP7C.png?1MHgdeCt.png?1

Textures don't fit.

2y5qmKu.png?1LsNi1P7.png?1NuJW56X.png?1

You've proven my point though about quality being in the eyes of the beholder.  If you think the current prints that can be applied to different clothing and don't fit correctly is "quality" - cause I don't, nor does anyone I know think so. However,  it is the only current option we have and is better than nothing.

As I stated above, this is solvable. 

Edited by THX

On 6/14/2020 at 3:30 AM, THX said:

I am talking about texturing meshes. I am not talking about CREATING Meshes. I am talking about texturing an apple and you are of making it.  Texturing a mesh will not make someones dick fall out or change the model. LOL  I'm not sure you understand. Gimp will work.

I personally use Photoshop - but many have used GIMP because it is free and they made a real life income from it in other Worlds. Enough to put themselves through University and other things.  I personally have made THOUSANDS of dollars  over the years texturing meshes for hundreds of people.  How much and how many have paid you?  Some things I've made better than others. What is 'good'  is not good in everyone's eyes. Same with World Editor builds. The pants you made being another example of this. Some like them, some don't.  It's in the eye of the beholder.

The textures that can be added to the existing meshes in the closet we have already do not fit the meshes correctly. Are you insinuating that is quality?  If we had  the 2D UV maps to the meshes like we have for the body to make tattoo's, those images could be made to actually fit correctly.  Not only that, but the sky would be the limit to what could be done. Only limited by imagination.

Textures fit.

jgGrkGm.png

c68OP7C.png?1MHgdeCt.png?1

Textures don't fit.

2y5qmKu.png?1LsNi1P7.png?1NuJW56X.png?1

You've proven my point though about quality being in the eyes of the beholder.  If you think the current prints that can be applied to different clothing and don't fit correctly is "quality" - cause I don't, nor does anyone I know think so. However,  it is the only current option we have and is better than nothing.

As I stated above, this is solvable. 

So go make a new meshes of clothes. Why all the words, go and do it.